Confused about my orientation

mae00

I'm sorry if this isn't the place for this then if someone could point me in the right direction i'd be grateful :)

I’ve been racking my brain about my romantic orientation for a long time and I would be really appreciative of some insight.

I’m pretty bad with my emotions in general anyway I never really know what I’m feeling, but when it comes to relationships and romance I’m double confused.

-       I feel like I never have the desire/need to be in a romantic relationship and feel uncomfortable when I try to imagine myself in that situation.

-       If I get close to a person I start to think ‘oh I might be able to be more than just friends with this person’ and so I’ll rack my brain about it and come to realise I don’t think like that at all and I’d rather just be friends. (has happened a lot)

-       I’ve tried to make/convince myself that I have feelings when in reality it feels really forced and uncomfortable.

-       I’m always extremely happy on my own/with my friends. I don’t feel I need/want anything more.

-       I don’t dislike romance I just don’t feel or imagine like it could happen to me.

-       I have been in 1 relationship in my 21 years (a few years back) and although I felt like I loved them, it took a looong time for me to commit to it and I still felt fairly uncomfortable through the duration. I wasn’t very touchy (holding hands/cuddling) and was told a lot that I ‘wasn’t affectionate’ and ‘not girlfriend like’ (they weren’t particularly nice anyway though)

-       I never really ‘crush’ on people but I do think ‘I’d rough n tumble with you’ given the chance.

-       I feel like I can’t properly distinguish the line between those type of ‘feelings’ and not.

I’m not asking anyone to tell me what my orientation is but any opinions/guidance and a point of direction would be so so appreciated.

Archived