Do you change your clothes when you come home?

everywhere and nowhere

Do you change your clothes when returning home?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Do you change your clothes when returning home?

• Yes, always
    • Sometimes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

arekathevampyre
On Sunday, February 04, 2018 at 10:54 AM, RoseGoesToYale said:

I live in Florida, land of having to change underwear three times a day (no exaggeration, especially when it gets above 95F at 85% humidity). Number one reason to change as soon as you get home here is if you've been outside for more than three minutes, the sweat is ridiculous.

living in a extremely hot tropical country , I can totally relate to this !! :(

everywhere and nowhere

Ouch... I live in temperate climate and any heatwave is extremely hard to take for me. My allergy gets worse when I sweat a lot and overheat a lot. Already 20 degrees Celsius in intense sunshine or 25 without sunshine is a bit too much for me and 30+ temperatures are horrible. It's not a good idea to fall asleep with working electric equipment in the apartment, especially when living alone, but during heatwaves I put a fan next to my bed and usually fall asleep next to it.

(On the other hand, I have rather good cold tolerance. As long as I'm dressed adequately, I don't mind temperatures around -10, -15...)

During heatwaves I also tend to eat more unhealthy food such as instant soups - simply because they are ultra-quick to prepare and I can't spend 5 minutes away from a fan...

And anyway I'm addicted to cooling my skin from time to time all year long. I have 3 electric fans at home (but none in the kitchen, that's the problem) and I always carry a hand fan in my bag. Overheating is one of the worst things for my allergy.

I don't ever change clothes when I get home unless it's been a particularly hot humid day.

2 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Ouch... I live in temperate climate and any heatwave is extremely hard to take for me. My allergy gets worse when I sweat a lot and overheat a lot. Already 20 degrees Celsius in intense sunshine or 25 without sunshine is a bit too much for me and 30+ temperatures are horrible. It's not a good idea to fall asleep with working electric equipment in the apartment, especially when living alone, but during heatwaves I put a fan next to my bed and usually fall asleep next to it.

(On the other hand, I have rather good cold tolerance. As long as I'm dressed adequately, I don't mind temperatures around -10, -15...)

During heatwaves I also tend to eat more unhealthy food such as instant soups - simply because they are ultra-quick to prepare and I can't spend 5 minutes away from a fan...

And anyway I'm addicted to cooling my skin from time to time all year long. I have 3 electric fans at home (but none in the kitchen, that's the problem) and I always carry a hand fan in my bag. Overheating is one of the worst things for my allergy.

Please never come to Australia. I have a skin condition that worsens a lot in the heat, so I know what you mean. During the worst heat wave we got this year, the coolest it got was 35 degrees Celsius at around midnight.

Always, but I change into the sort of clothes I sleep in. Even if I'm going out again later I still change into leggings and a loose top until I'm due to go out. 

I work in a "smart casual" office, but my clothes at work are basically what I wear at the weekend anyway. I just don't like to wear those at home. 

If I'm not planning on going out anymore I'll often change into pajamas... 

NerotheReaper

Yeah, there is nothing like coming home after a long day and changing into pjs. It is just relaxing to get into pjs to say "the day is over" well at least going out in public 

everywhere and nowhere
7 hours ago, Baam said:

I don't ever change clothes when I get home unless it's been a particularly hot humid day.

Please never come to Australia. I have a skin condition that worsens a lot in the heat, so I know what you mean. During the worst heat wave we got this year, the coolest it got was 35 degrees Celsius at around midnight.

I'm quite afraid of commercial aviation anyway. Btw, my German cousin is currently working in Australia. That's a long way, you can't just come back whenever you want, so she hasn't been to our grandfather's funeral.

6 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I'm quite afraid of commercial aviation anyway. Btw, my German cousin is currently working in Australia. That's a long way, you can't just come back whenever you want, so she hasn't been to our grandfather's funeral.

I hope she's managed to avoid the drop bears.

everywhere and nowhere
18 minutes ago, Baam said:

I hope she's managed to avoid the drop bears.

What's this?

On 03/02/2018 at 10:42 PM, Zatarra said:

In my line of work you pretty much HAVE to change after work. I work in the Acute Care unit at the hospital and I spend 10 hours a day around VERY ill people. I have been coughed on, spat on, thrown up on, peed on, have had to change diapers and covers that have had vomit and other bodily fluids on. I see about 15 patients and on any given day in the ICU you can be sure 3-5 of them are in "isolation" or "droplet precaution" meaning they have some REALLY nasty and contagious germs and we have to put on this yellow outfit and a N95 respirator with a face shield. There are times where I am trying to help the RN and CNA with a patient transfer and the patient will urinate on the floor and I am standing or kneeling over the puddle. Oh and MRSA...enough said

Our hospital is very particular about sanitation and 'foam in/foam out' of EVERY room we see. However at the end of the day I leave my shoes out in the hallway and immediately remove my scrubs and spray Lysol on them - put them in a sealed container and wash ever 3 days - since I have 4 scrub sets.

I don't know how much you earn but you should get double what you get now, unlike those 'tv stars' who get loads for just reading out stuff in front of a camera. There, I said it!

15 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

living in a extremely hot tropical country , I can totally relate to this !! :(

I thought your 'schloss' would be dark, dingy and damp! :lol:

everywhere and nowhere
1 hour ago, Acing It said:

I don't know how much you earn but you should get double what you get now, unlike those 'tv stars' who get loads for just reading out stuff in front of a camera. There, I said it!

I completely agree. This is truly responsible work. Similar with teachers - one of the most responsible professions possible, and yet really poorly paid in many countries.

Somewhere - in Switzerland, I think? - a law was introduced which sets the maximum for a CEO's pay at 12 times the lowest pay at their company. (I may have remembered some details wrong, but you get the general idea.) I support that kind of thinking. Just pay doesn't mean that everybody should get the same, but it also doesn't mean that top managers or celebrities really deserve the money they get.

I change clothes when I come home from work, because I wear a uniform for work and I prefer to not mess it up. Otherwise, I change out of "nice" clothes (white, dresses, things I don't want dogs on). But, casual outdoor clothes like jeans and tank tops? Nope. 

arekathevampyre
4 hours ago, Acing It said:

I thought your 'schloss' would be dark, dingy and damp! :lol:

lol decoy !! It was a decoy all along hahaha ;)

12 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

What's this?

They're terrifying creatures which hang in trees only to drop down upon people or animals passing by. They look a bit like koalas. The vast majority of victims are tourists, though they can catch anyone unawares.

everywhere and nowhere
3 hours ago, Baam said:

They're terrifying creatures which hang in trees only to drop down upon people or animals passing by. They look a bit like koalas. The vast majority of victims are tourists, though they can catch anyone unawares.

Are you sure you're not pulling my leg? ;)

I used to change out of my school uniform when I got home and I currently do the same with my work uniform or if I've had to dress up nicely for something, but for everyday clothes? No. Not unless they've become dirty or soaked from rain while I was out. 

4 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Are you sure you're not pulling my leg? ;)

Of course not ;)

krystal_muzik
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, arekathevampyre said:

Yes I do . For both hygiene and comfort reasons 

i'm the same way...

• 3 months later...
Dark Heart

For me it all depends on my level of comfort in what I'm wearing.

At my last job, I had to wear a uniform, so when I came home, I changed to avoid messing it up and to distance myself from the stress of the day. It is the same for days that I just decide to dress nicely.

On normal days when I'm just in jeans and a tee, it's a hit or miss. Some days I change completely. Some days I change into a pair of joggers but keep on my t-shirt. Some days I don't change until I decide I'm going to sleep. No real rhyme or reason.

I do!

• 2 weeks later...
Strange But Not a Stranger

Yes. I always slip into something more comfortable. I live alone, so I can wear whatever I want. Nobody's gonna say I look hideous in it. 😁

I've gotten into the habit of changing into PJs or leggings as soon as I get home, so that I'm ready to nap at any given moment :P

If by "change" you mean "get completely naked," then sure. I'm in my own home! What on earth would I still be doing in clothing?

Elftober Country

I always change, I hate work clothes 😡

I work with dogs so i pretty much change as soon as i get in if it is a work day.  On a general day if i've just been pottering about then no i won't. 

Strange, I never knew this was a thing.

I always wore clothes that are comfortable all day. I don't change unless I am sweaty.

Archived