Do you change your clothes when you come home?

everywhere and nowhere

Do you change your clothes when returning home?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Do you change your clothes when returning home?

• Yes, always
    • Sometimes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Malum said:

Strange, I never knew this was a thing.

I always wore clothes that are comfortable all day. I don't change unless I am sweaty.

For me, most comfortable is t-shirt, sweatpants and socks only on my feet (no shoes)

However unfortunately if I went into work dressed like that, my boss would be unimpressed.

1 hour ago, iff said:

For me, most comfortable is t-shirt, sweatpants and socks only on my feet (no shoes)

However unfortunately if I went into work dressed like that, my boss would be unimpressed.

My company provides numerous uniforms, and they are very practical. With shorts for summer, and pants for winter. I really like them, so I wear them at home too. :D:)

everywhere and nowhere
6 hours ago, Malum said:

shorts for summer

Ouch. You see, I wouldn't perceive it as "practical" or "comfortable". I just can't wear any pants shorter than 3/4 length (and, to be honest, I sometimes wear them in the summer instead of lighter long pants only in order to shock some people with unshaved legs ;)). Not just my heightened nudity aversion - I'm also kinda embarassed with my varicose veins and prefer to hide my legs because of that.

40 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Ouch. You see, I wouldn't perceive it as "practical" or "comfortable". I just can't wear any pants shorter than 3/4 length (and, to be honest, I sometimes wear them in the summer instead of lighter long pants only in order to shock some people with unshaved legs ;)). Not just my heightened nudity aversion - I'm also kinda embarassed with my varicose veins and prefer to hide my legs because of that.

Hmm, well these shorts go longer tha knees. Only really leaving my shins exposed. You got vericose veins too? What are the odds. I do not care much about them. Though it does disturb some. I also get spider veins. 

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I've ever changed clothes when I would get home was when my OCD flaired up in junior high school and I'd take a shower and change clothes then take a shower that night. Thankfully, that finished by high school. Now I only change if I had to wear a dress for something.

Changing clothes that often would only reward us with a larger amount of laundry to do so I don't change clothes just because I've worn them in public earlier. If I've been wearing less comfortable clothes before coming home I might go for a change though since being comfortable is more pleasant.

I just take off my shoes and whatever anti-winter-weather clothing I'm wearing, unless I've gotten my clothes dirty or sweaty. I'm a college student, so I rarely have to dress up for going places. My last workplace was "the low end of business casual".

I put my pjs on literally as soon as I get home

It depends on what else I have to do that evening and what all I had to do in the clothes I'm wearing. Like heavy lifting and extra sweat would make me change sooner

J. van Deijck

I do, just for various reasons. mostly because it's pretty hot where I live atm.

To Each Their Own

Yep, I change.

When I walk through my front door I take off my shoes and as I walk back to my bedroom I shed my clothing along the way.

What I change into depends very much on the weather. It’s just all about the comfort. Now after reading through this thread...I’m thinking about they hygiene aspect of it as well. 😂 Yay...one more thing to obsess about.

I put on shorts or pajama pants as soon as I get home. I'll wear skirts in public, but not shorts.

Alejandrogynous

Depends on where I've come from. My job involves a lot of dust and grime and worse things so I definitely change when I come home from that. Otherwise, changing is more a matter of comfort than hygiene. Who wants to lounge around in jeans? 

I aspire to take my boots off as soon as I get home. Really I only manage about 1/2 the time. Changing out of the rest of my clothes is something that I find pleasant but time consuming. Maybe I should do it more . I helps me feel relaxed and separates the feeling of " home " from the tension of "out there"

MerePeasant

Yes, I do change after work. I don't like to stay in my work clothes longer than I need to, knowing I may need to wear them the following day, etc.

Back in my school days I don't think I used to bother changing after school.

WinterWanderer

I usually do. I live in a large city and I feel gross/dirty when I get home. Like the city's germs and smells cling to me, and I have to get them off. :P

Member131995

When I come home it's from work 99% of the time. Since I'm a CNA, I always shower and change. I love my job but I encounter some pretty nasty stuff at the best of times.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I always change clothes when I get home. I wear pretty comfy clothes out, but I just like being in my pajamas around the house.

I tend to always dress up (fashion obsessed) so yeah....fashion doesn't always translate to comfort, so I at least always change the bottoms.

Occasionally I do.

like if it rains, get dirt or mud on them, or if I was by a sick person or in a hospital.

Certain situations cause me to change out clothes.

• 4 weeks later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

No, not until I go to bed but even then I put on other pants, shirt and put my uniform out for the next day. 

I rarely do. The clothes I wear are usually very comfortable. I only really change if I was wearing jeans, a costume, or something that I was pressured/forced to wear, but those cases don't happen often (anymore).

No fam I am and have always been one of the least cleanly people you may ever know, although not on an unhealthy level.

• 2 months later...
Squirrel Combat

Nope. Never. I'm too lazy. In fact on gym days I'll just stay in my gym clothes the rest of the day.

• 3 weeks later...

@Nowhere Girl

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived