What's the big deal about butts?

rach123

Why do people like butts?

I dunno.  I always thought they were full of shit.

3 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

I dunno.  I always thought they were full of shit.

Exactly. Lmao

I... DON'T... KNOW. I will say though that I'm a woman and while I consider myself straight, I find myself very often looking at women's butts, but more to see how their butt looks in the jeans and where I can buy those same jeans! Also women's butts come in very different shapes and sizes and are just interesting to look at, otherwise I've never ever had any idea why butts from either gender create a sexual response in people. Boobs too.....penises too....and vaginas. Ha ha. I guess this is where my asexual part comes in.

I don't know, why do people find faces nice to look at? They're just lumps of flesh with holes and bumps in different spots. With hair in funny places. Like, what the hell is up with eyebrows? They just look weird!

I don't know, why do people find faces nice to look at? They're just lumps of flesh with holes and bumps in different spots. With hair in funny places. Like, what the hell is up with eyebrows? They just look weird!

A face usually tells a lot about a person's demeanor, feelings, approachability.  Butts don't really tell you diddly squat.

Galactic Turtle

I've also wondered about this. I appreciate people who seem to be in good shape because... wow that's something I wish to accomplish! Butts though? They're just kinda there. I don't notice them and don't know the difference between a "good butt" and a "bad butt."

8 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

A face usually tells a lot about a person's demeanor, feelings, approachability.  Butts don't really tell you diddly squat.

Well, technically, a butt, breasts and other physical attributes tell you a lot about a person's self-care routines. If they have well muscled buttocks, they probably are active and enjoy working out, which to someone that is into fitness, would be an important attribute. 

Of course, that's not why most people like them. Most people just like them cause they find them attractive things to look at. Just like abs, arms, chests, etc. 

Well, technically, a butt, breasts and other physical attributes tell you a lot about a person's self-care routines. If they have well muscled buttocks, they probably are active and enjoy working out, which to someone that is into fitness, would be an important attribute. 

That's really kind of a stretch in a majority of cases.  You really have no idea how much that person worked (or did not work) to receive such an ass.

4 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

That's really kind of a stretch in a majority of cases.  You really have no idea how much that person worked (or did not work) to receive such an ass.

Ha ha this conversation is funny.

23 minutes ago, Baam said:

Does a butt look at you in the eyes and give you a warm feeling? does a butt smile at you and lighten up your day? does a butt move its eyebrows in adorable way that makes you smile?

Faces are nice 😊

44 minutes ago, GLRDT said:

I... DON'T... KNOW. I will say though that I'm a woman and while I consider myself straight, I find myself very often looking at women's butts, but more to see how their butt looks in the jeans and where I can buy those same jeans! Also women's butts come in very different shapes and sizes and are just interesting to look at, otherwise I've never ever had any idea why butts from with gender create a sexual response in people. Boobs too.....penises too....and vaginas. Ha ha. I guess this is where my asexual part comes in.

I've realised that some women like to check out other women's butts but it could be for the reason you stated. The parts you mentioned..yeah I don't get it either

Well, one philosopher put forward the argument it is because asses are the original boobs. It was the biggest feature we used to see at eye level when we walked on all fours as primitive beings. And so boobs are nothing more than fake asses.

I like big/good sized thighs, hips, and butt because they look stable and strong to my brain and I like that stability look. I like lower body emphasis.

8 minutes ago, Mermaidy said:

I like big/good sized thighs, hips, and butt because they look stable and strong to my brain and I like that stability look. I like lower body emphasis.

I agree big thighs on women are attractive. It makes them look strong and powerful. I think big thighs are sexy on women but I'm not sexually attracted to them because of it. I wish I had bigger thighs. I can have muscley thighs but I'm lean so they only get so big.

1 hour ago, rach123 said:

Does a butt look at you in the eyes and give you a warm feeling? does a butt smile at you and lighten up your day? does a butt move its eyebrows in adorable way that makes you smile?

Faces are nice 😊

Yes! Especially if you look at it sideways.

Also, eyes are just gooey lumps of mush with a bit of a fancy optical system built in. I don't see what's so warm about that!

Being serious now, though, I've never gotten warm feelings from someone looking at me, nor someone smiling at me, nor someone's eyebrows moving (that's the weirdest one to me). In fact, now that I'm actually thinking about it, I'd rate bums and faces on an equal level! I think I'll look upon the insult 'bumface' in a new light now!

They just look nice, and on the right person are enjoyable to fondle, squeeze, smack, bite, etc., and er during PIV to grip as part of the general thrusting and grinding.

Women tend to deposit fat around their hips and their butt and their thighs, whereas men put theirs around their inner organs. Evolutionarily speaking, big hips/thighs/butts signals to a possible mate that the woman has the resources to carry a baby. Big hips also tend to correlate with a wide birth canal, which means the odds of dying in childbirth are slimmer, which means the baby would have a higher chance of surviving (since, you know, only mom can provide milk and all). A quick glance allowed a mate to assess evolutionary fitness and the odds of successfully passing down their genes.

But I mean, also, they're just so wonderfully round and soft and warm and bouncy...

2 hours ago, Philip027 said:

Oops, missed this quote before.

I dunno... Some people can clear their face of their emotions quite easily, but you can always tell if someone's got the shits (literally or figuratively) if they're clenching their bum. Whether it's clenched in anger, stress, or they're just a bit nervous, it's always a unique kind of clenching!

Seriously, would you approach someone if they looked like they were trying to hold something in?

2 hours ago, Philip027 said:

There are people with naturally good genetics - but they are not toned, or well muscled. The only way to get muscle tone is to do exercise, typically squats are the ones they recommend. So, it's kind of easy to tell a person that works out vs a person that doesn't. So, not really a stretch. I know people that are into fitness and require such in their partners, cause if they date someone that isn't, they are more prone to not looking after themselves and it makes them feel bad. So, they look for such attributes in potential partners, as proof that they do work out.

But, as I said, most people just like the way they look and it doesn't really matter to them what it says about a person, except "looks nice" or "attractive" :P 

There is a theory in psychology, that the attraction of butts is an artefact from when humans were quadrupeds. The vagina is located below the anus in such mammals. Likewise boobs are purportedly meant to be a facsimile of butt cheeks now we're bipedal 

@Philip027, your first post was a belter :P:P:cake::cake:

I thank my butt for being a nice cushion, but I have fairly wide hips for guy so it’s kinda annoying when a pair of pants fits my waist but doesn’t fit my butt. My mom says it’s better to have a butt than have no butt like some of my relatives, but since I’m not really gonna be attracting anyone anytime soon with my likely aro aceness, my butt is kinda annoying sometimes 😄.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
3 hours ago, Mermaidy said:

I agree totally. I'm not attracted sexually to women with those traits, but I do find it aesthetically attractive.

It is one of my top ten least favorite body parts and top twenty least favorite words.  Not that I have ranked or even counted the others; that is a generous estimate based on my hating more words than body parts (since many of the words are synonyms for each other and body parts do not have that ability).

Oops, missed this quote before.

I dunno... Some people can clear their face of their emotions quite easily, but you can always tell if someone's got the shits (literally or figuratively) if they're clenching their bum. Whether it's clenched in anger, stress, or they're just a bit nervous, it's always a unique kind of clenching!

Yes yes, they can lie, but usually it's a good indication.

If you're looking toward someone's ass to find out if they're angry or nervous (or have the shits), I dare say you might have some issues.

butterflydreams

I always just figured it was something some people found attractive. I've never really cared one way or another. My mom used to give me a hard time for not wearing pants that would "show off my ass". I didn't understand it. I don't think I've ever found a butt attractive in any way. 

On 04/02/2018 at 11:38 AM, Philip027 said:

Yes yes, they can lie, but usually it's a good indication.

If you're looking toward someone's ass to find out if they're angry or nervous (or have the shits), I dare say you might have some issues.

That's my special skill. I can tell what people are thinking from the tension in their bum.

Archived