New Declass Team Members Needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

We are looking for two more members of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring (but make it obvious that you wish to run; state "I nominate myself" or similar).

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 1 February to Thursday, 8 February: Nominations.

Thursday, 8 February to Sunday, 11 February: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 11 February to Sunday, 18 February: Voting.

13 hours ago, Jayce said:

Comone people! Join the club :D I promise we have plenty cake to share :cake: 

The threads (each post) must be read. Each user mentioned in the thread must be PM'd and asked if they want their name redacted or left in (there's a list of names who never want to be redacted, too). After a 48 hour (I think) wait, anyone who has not responded is redacted (except those who were an Admod at the time that the thread was being discussed). Links to Admods threads are redacted. PM conversations are redacted. IP and email addresses are redacted. All redacted information is logged in a central thread for future referral. The thread is then held to be proofread. After 24-48 hours (I think) the thread is then moved to the archives where members can read it. This is the general process.

^ Would this still be an accurate description of the job, two years later?

50 minutes ago, Verbosoul said:

It was the process when I left DT.  I doubt it's changed too much since then.

NerotheReaper

I encourage anyone who is considering to run, give it a try!

Declass was the first position I ran for on AVEN, and it really inspired me to take a more active role in this community. If you want to get a sense of AVEN history and how the back end works, this is a great position to run for. There's really a sense of simple accomplishment when you finish reviewing a thread, so if you like seeing tasks from start to finish, this is a good role to take in this community.

Do you hear this, people?? 

It's the orange calling you!! If you hear it, you were the chosen one! 

Don't lose your chance, your opportunity, your calling! 

Come learn AVEN's History. Know past members, admod procedures. The work never gets boring, due to the diversity of topics you get to read and declass. Come have fun with us and help other members get to know this too. You get the front seat in this adventure! Don't miss the ride! 

On 2/3/2018 at 5:04 PM, Verbosoul said:

The threads (each post) must be read. Each user mentioned in the thread must be PM'd and asked if they want their name redacted or left in (there's a list of names who never want to be redacted, too). After a 48 hour (I think) wait, anyone who has not responded is redacted (except those who were an Admod at the time that the thread was being discussed). Links to Admods threads are redacted. PM conversations are redacted. IP and email addresses are redacted. All redacted information is logged in a central thread for future referral. The thread is then held to be proofread. After 24-48 hours (I think) the thread is then moved to the archives where members can read it. This is the general process.

Yes, that's still mostly accurate. The only noticeable change is that there is not a 24-48 hr wait on a thread after it is proofread; instead it is added to the Archives the day it is done by the member that proofread it.

Fangirling101

I would I don't think I've been here for six months yet though. 

Well, Declass does have the best title colour...Sure. Mi piacerebbe partecipare; I'd like to be involved.

*Throws Italian dictionary into ring*

...darn, I still needed that.

Nah, I don't care for orange. Not a good time for me anyway - too much stuff going on in the next few months (or longer).

Janus the Fox

I like orang(es) at least, prefer the purple grape though :P

Sure, I may run, I know well how things work in a professional guesstimation sense.

scarletlatitude

Tempting, but I'm still too busy to come back to the staff. :( Maybe in the summer time once my classes and work are calmer. 

Archived