So you want a Dark Theme on AVEN?

FaerieFate

Janus DarkFox

AVEN Dark is a lot of Purple I’d give it that, though contrast between Threads that have been Read and Unread could be darker.  It’s incomplete in places as the Reply Box buttons are still black and the mods Comment Source Code View is still white against near white text at the moment.

Perfect for fans of Purple like me, but also the Dark Theme really now highlights Formatting bugs between members who use the AVEN original Theme on Mobile that cut/paste sections of the site to elsewhere.  The black text with white text background is instantly visible on Dark, so much easier for format fixes despite the white and grey source code view currently.

Unleash the Echidnas
9 hours ago, FaerieFate said:

AVEN JUST had an update, so I haven't been able to update the code to account for the updated format yet, and I'm not sure how much has changed.

There's some minor rationalization of classes---I updated my previous theme for that before Coleslaw turned on the purple dark theme---but the biggest change is Invision collected colors, spacing, and a few other things into theme variables. So, ideally, a modifying theme such as the ones posted in this thread would just change variable values and not need to get into the class structure. However, Stylish raises errors on variable definitions and I wasn't able to identify a viable alternative to Stylish.

4 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Perfect for fans of Purple like me, but also the Dark Theme really now highlights Formatting bugs between members who use the AVEN original Theme on Mobile that cut/paste sections of the site to elsewhere.

I'm not sure why Invision defaults to pasting as rich text but it's for sure an interoperability issue between its paste handling and its themes. I would argue it's bug. Perhaps the default will change but the mitigations at the moment are more awareness of clicking the don't paste as rich text link or using the remove formatting button on the toolbar (between strikethrough and link).

Janus DarkFox
31 minutes ago, Unleash the Echidnas said:

I'm not sure why Invision defaults to pasting as rich text but it's for sure an interoperability between its paste handling and its themes and I would argue it's bug. Perhaps the default will change but the mitigations at the moment are more awareness of clicking the don't paste as rich text link or using the remove formatting button on the toolbar (between strikethrough and link).

Yeah other than the option to “Post as Plain Text” that displays at the bottom of the Comment Box after Pasting, but the problem with this is removing essential formatting and links.  It’s I’d say recommended to paste as plain text from sources off AVEN.  The issue persists as there’s a formatting difference between Desktop and Mobile versions or HTML5 is handled differently, adding unnecessary Span code.  Differences between with the four Light, Dark and its desktop and mobile counterparts.