(For a class) Top preferences in a dating ad?

MoraDollie

*If this is in the wrong area, feel free to move!*

*This is due February 5, so answers sooner rather than later would be awesome!*

Hypothetically (or not), let's say you're a single person browsing dating profiles. I have two question I need answered for a survey class!

1. What are some traits you'd find attractive in a dating profile (respectful, funny, religious, smoker, wants children, enjoys a certain kind of food/activity, etc.)
  2. What are some traits that you find completely not attractive (hard turn offs) that could be found in a dating profile? (excessive sexual language, aggressive language, self-centered, focus on a specific hobby/interest, etc.)

1. 4:20 friendly, gentle, gamer, animal lover, tolerant, leftist.

2. Conservative, history of abusive behavior.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

1. In a dating profile, things I would  find attractive are:

• Deeply religious
  • Respectful
  • Deep interest in different cultures
  • Has the same or similar interests as me.

2. Things I'd find as a turn off:

• Excessive sexual language
  • Self centered
  • Abusive behavior
  • Homophobe, transphobe, racist, etcetera.

Desirable:

• Non-religious
  • Politically aligned with me (liberal)
  • Similar hobbies
  • Kind and respectful
  • Tolerant
  • Doesn't want children

Undesirable:

• Politically unaligned with me (conservative)
  • Very different hobbies
  • Rude and disrespectful
  • Intollerant
  • Smoker
  • Wants children

Some things I would like:

~Thoughtful and kind

~Wants to travel

~Doesn't want kids

~Respectful

~Positive about life

~Loves animals

~Spiritual or accepting of beliefs that differ from their own.

Some things I wouldn't like:

~Overly impatient and critical of others

~Wants kids

~Anything of a sexual nature

~Addictions to alcohol or smoking

~Extreme people-pleaser mentality (Can't set boundaries or work through problems) or critically low self-esteem.

1. Kind, loving, accepting, friendly, witty but not rude, likes similar music and other media to me.

2. Shirtless profile pic, overly sexual or vulgar, drug user, loves partying, bigoted in any way, judgmental, cynical, elitist, snobby, very different interests from me.

Fantastic Name

Wants:

• Sarcastic
  • Willing to put up with my crap
  • Similar interests as me
  • Likes deep conversations
  • Asexual
  • Open to a sexless marriage
  • Aspie
  • Disintereted in politics and/or politically moderate
  • Different personality than me (i.e. they are strong in areas where I am weak and vice versa)
  • Can cook (because I can't cook to save my life)

Not-Wants:

• Wants kids
  • Shallow and vain
  • False personality
  • Overly stereotypical and macho to a fault
  • Wants sex from me
  • Bigoted, elitist, or radical in any way
  • Fundamentalist

• Substance addictions
  • Appears to be overly dependent on other people/unable to advocate for themself
  • Polygamous

Would like

- somewhat similar music taste and likes going to gigs

- reader

- nice person

- friendly

- likes animal

- funny.

- a little bit of quirkiness in the profile

- open minded

Would not like

- choice of photo if it is showing off

- racism, homophobia, transphobia etc

- only music mentioned is dance music

Attractive to me, would be someone who values knowledge. I.E Educated, or loves books or learning. Someone as nerdy or nerdier than me. I'll also definitely gravitate to people who have positive auras. You can pick this up, as well. Lastly, someone who takes the time to tell you a little about themselves.

Unattractive to me, is someone with zero effort in a profile. One word descriptions. Someone who can't keep the past where it belongs, and has a very negative profile. Essentially, telling you what they're sick of--when they should be putting more effort in what they're looking for and simply avoiding the type they dislike.

I.E "I'M NOT looking for a one night stand, losers, or guys who still live at home with mom. If you have zero ambition--don't waste my time! If you only have one picture--don't waste my time. Are a cheater--don't waste my time! I can see through bullshit...

Any they always finish their profiles with: "I'm a happy go lucky, nice, kind person just looking for my prince in shining armor.."

Long story--if you're that negative, and don't realize this aura attracts douchebags, you're beyond my help.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Positives:

Happy and cheerful

Animal lover

Open minded

Asexual

Looking for a lifetime relationship

Creative and imaginative

Healthy

Kind

Has similar interests as me

Respectful

Negatives:

Judgmental

Sexually active

Discriminative of others in any way

Pessimistic

Drinks alcohol, smokes, or does drugs of any kind

High key feminine or masculine

Self centered

Deceptive

Opinionated

Intolerant

Attractive

kindness, respect, sense of humor, not overly sensitive but also not anti-emotions, tolerance and open-mindedness, (university/college) student, likes cats

I'm OK with dating a sexual (I mean, I'm doing it now :P) but they have to be okay with dating an ace person

Not interesting

Abusive language, discriminatory or bigoted viewpoints, any sort of complaint about them being "owed" sex/love, one-night stands, deeply religious (because I am not and this would inevitably lead to values clash), wants to start a family in the near future, anti-science, requires sex, does not want a sensual relationship, would ask me to give up career opportunities to stay with them. 

cosmosredshift7

1) Funny, outgoing, non-religious, similar interests, similar political views, lgbt in some way, little to no sexual desire

2) Being conservative, a smoker, heavy drinker/frequent partyer, into drugs, having a child/children from a previous relationship, posting half-naked pictures, very religious, being VERY interested in sex, no future plans or ambitions

• 11 months later...

@Kumoku

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived