here we go

hejsandra

unsure why i find this so scary but hello! here i am!

my name is sandra and i'm a 16 year old girl from sweden. recently, i've come to the realisation that i might be asexual, which is a bit lonely and scary for me. it makes me feel separated from the people i know, since it's a part of me they'll never fully understand. so that's why i am here ... to feel a bit more understood.

i like reading and writing (language, in general) , rewatching the same netflix shows over and over and playing the piano, and honestly i don't know what more to say about myself. i'm a 5w4, if that tells you something about me. 

i'm probably the most introverted person you'll ever meet, and even writing a small introduction here feels a bit too out there. but ... hello? i guess? i'm just going to post this without overthinking it too much.

girlwiththelongskirt

Hello!

I really liked your introduction. I totally understand how you feel about other people not understanding and finding it hard what to write to introduce yourself (I think you did an amazing job). I'm still quite new here but everybody is very loving so I hope you feel at home soon. If you ever want to just talk with someone about anything just send me a PM, I'm always here to talk about anything.

Hiya and welcome to AVEN! No worries about the introduction, I did wayyy worse when I joined years ago. :cake:

@hejsandra Welcome aboard! Here, enjoy your complimentary cake :cake: (until someone posts a better one)

That was a perfectly fine introduction, and congratulations on keeping any fears you might have to one side and writing something - introversion makes things all too easy to hide yourself in a corner and not speak up. Believe me, I know. 

Feel free to browse around. You'll find understanding, education, and a bunch of like-minded and friendly sorts here! Please don't feel afraid if possible. 

Hello. I've read a lot of other posts from people who have similar problems so you are not alone. However it sometimes leaves me wondering why I never have thought much about the fact I've been single and asexual all my life. I didn't even know my sexual orientation had a name until I joined this forum. I think that I've developed the habit of trying as hard as I can to discover why something made me feel bad. Once I had an answer I felt better because I had a way of coping with the problem. I hope you feel better and I think you eventually will. You have a long, long time to find answers. 

Welcome! Definitely did not have to google 5w4 Your introduction was well-structured, and clear, and you seem like a friendly person. You'll fit in wonderfully here, don't worry about it. This community is the most accepting place I've ever been.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and send you some welcome cake :) 

c3.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived