How can I exactly be defined?

Kyabe

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum. I hope this is the right section for this topic.

I am a young male, into my first 20s. I am straight, as I only get attracted by females, with the only exception of being also a bit attracted by myself (I know, sounds a bit narcissistic, but I can actually get horny by myself). But, I am kinda different from the majority of guys. I don't like to keep my beard, so my face looks really young. My haircut looks like a tomboy girl haircut, and I often take care of my eyebrows. So my face can look like both male a female (a friend of mine once told me that I looked like a girl in a photo). I like to keep my nails a bit long, so they look like female nails. I dress in tomboy look. But still, my behavior is not effeminate or whatsoever. How can I define myself? I could say that I look like a tomboy boy, but I've never heard of this. Thanks in advance to whoever will reply!

Galactic Turtle

Seems like you're just describing your style? I'm not sure what you're looking to be defined. In terms of fashion words... I know very few of those. :P 

If you still identify as male/man then it sounds like gender non conforming (which is what tomboy is for girls). The male equivalent of tomboy isn't good so probably just stick to gender non conforming (GNC). 

Yeah, you could go by gender nonconforming, if your expression and the way other react to it is that important to your identity.

Otherwise I'd say you're still a (cis) guy! Guys come in all shapes and sizes!

butterflydreams
9 hours ago, Kyabe said:

I am straight, as I only get attracted by females, with the only exception of being also a bit attracted by myself

Has nothing to do with gender. Are you attracted to the idea of yourself as a woman?

9 hours ago, Kyabe said:

But still, my behavior is not effeminate or whatsoever.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or another. 

What do you want to do about it? Do you have any dysphoria? Do you have a sense that you're not really male? These are the questions to ask. Without them we really can't tell you much. You could also be gender nonconforming, as others have suggested. Mostly I'd suggest just doing what you like and not worrying so much about the label. The label will come after that.

4 hours ago, butterflydreams said:

Has nothing to do with gender. Are you attracted to the idea of yourself as a woman?

Doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or another. 

What do you want to do about it? Do you have any dysphoria? Do you have a sense that you're not really male? These are the questions to ask. Without them we really can't tell you much. You could also be gender nonconforming, as others have suggested. Mostly I'd suggest just doing what you like and not worrying so much about the label. The label will come after that.

First of all, thanks everybody for replying! Yes, lately I came up to be very attracted to the idea of myself as a woman, and If I could clone myself I would probably make love with myself, maybe even with a male clone of myself, although I am not gay, maybe just because my self love seems to be very strong. Sometimes I really think that I should have born as a lesbian girl with tomboyish attitude, that would fit me very well. I don't know what I want to do about it. I am fine with being a male, I mean, I am fine with having a penis and having sex with women. I've never heard of dysphoria before, but If I got it right it should mean feeling uncomfortable in your body. Well, I can tell you for sure that lately I can only feel comfortable with my body if I don't have beard and body hair, if I have a tomboyish haircut, if I take care of my nails and my eyebrows. In the past years I was completely different, but I came up with hating my stereotypical male look, muscular, bearded and all that stuff. Oh, and I don't care at all about labels, I am not worried at all! I am just curious with all of this that happened to me, and wanted to hear opinions from others :)

Archived