I'm Making a Documentary

AceFilmmaker

Hello!

I'm Megan. I'm an Asexual filmmaker, and I am making a short documentary on asexuality and dating.

I'm sure we've all heard those well-meaning comments of "You just have to find the right person!" Or, "How can you expect to have a real relationship without being intimate?" Or even the dreaded, "I can change your mind." All comments by usually well meaning, but ignorant people that don't quite understand what asexuality is. They see our orientation as a phase, or confusion, or even an illness, and never really try to understand what it actually is.

I hope to help dissuade these misconceptions, if only by a little bit, with my film, "The 1%". The film is about what it's like to date and have relationships as an asexual person, and the challenges we face in finding the right person. It is currently in the preproduction phase, and I am looking to shoot this summer.

If you or your partner would like to be a part of this project and let your story be known, or would just like some more information, feel free to respond to this, or contact me through my website: https://megapeterson15.wixsite.com/meganpeterson

Thank you!

Archived