Confused about my gender identity...

howtobegeek

Hello everyone,

So recently I've been thinking a lot about my gender identity and I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not really cis (but not really trans either)...

I've always felt that I'm not really a girl, and I never liked being referred to as one of the girls (I just felt like I didn't really belong to the girls, and I always spoke about "the" girls and not "we" girls). I also hate doing girly stuff, but it's not because I don't want to be a girl, it's because I just don't like it. 

I also behave really androgynously: when I'm with boys, I don't expect them to hold doors open for me, and when I'm with girls, I like to hold doors open for them. And I prefer doing more "boyish" stuff lier maths, science and repairing stuff. I also can't really relate to most girls' struggles. I mean of course I have my period and stuff (and it sucks), but I just don't like talking about it a lot.

I also dress in an androgynous way, but I feel really uncomfortable shopping alone in the men's section. I recently bought a baby pink sweater which I really like, but I really hate that people think of me as a feminine person when I wear it.

But on the other hand, I'd really like to have children, and also carry them. I also don't feel like a boy at all.

I feel like the main thing is that I just like to do the things I like, without giving them a "gender", without even thinking about anything as gendered. I would also probably never take hormones or change my body in any way, the only thing I'd maybe like to try is wearing a binder.

Does anyone of you feel like me? 

What label do you think would fit me?

Thanks a lot 

😘🍰

I get exactly what you mean, I'm AMAB (assigned male at birth) and I never really felt like one of the guys, but I didn't feel like anything else really, because of this I questioned a lot not to long ago, I ended up with finding maverique, it's not finding a connection to any other gender but still having a gender, not saying that that's what you are but I understand what you are talking about with the whole feeling like things are just things that you like and that things aren't really a gender, they are just what you like or don't like.

Hello there !

Personally, and since you wondered which label could fit you, I would suggest agender !

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Agender

But it's just a suggestion ! Take all the time you need to find yourself.No matter how much time you need, and which label fits you the most, you are and will ALWAYS be valid !

No matter what you like to do, no matter what your hobbies are, no matter what you love to wear.

What does defines your gender identity ? How you feel.Only you.You identify as agender ? Valid, all the way ! Genderfluid ? same thing here ! Another label ? Valid !! Always !

Hey :)

I'm afraid I can't really offer any advice, I'm still questioning my gender myself. Just know that you're not alone in this, okay?

Kuchen für Dich: :cake:

Julian

Thank you so much for all your replies. I'm definitely going to look into those labels.

And I'm glad to have met another German person... I always thought I'd never see someone from Germany, but there really is someone 😜

😘🍰

Archived