Another UK Ace

Raire

I've already browsed around for a few hours so I don't feel especially new - however I haven't introduced myself, and here's as good a place as any to do so! 

Grab a drink. This might take a while... 

At the time of writing this I'm 36 years old, but I've felt differently orientated since my late teens. Now, I used that term because at the time I didn't know how or why I was feeling (or not feeling) as I thought I should be. I was initially worried because I thought that I was somehow broken, which I blamed on an early introduction into puberty (first year of secondary school, so I guess I was 9 or 10 years old). After those physical, emotional and super awkward rollercoasters, I was concerned that I'd burnt myself out or something. 

It wasn't until my late 20s (and a few relationships had failed) that I put serious thought into things and concluded that I really wasn't interested in taking steps to be with other people. Of course, I still felt that I was the only person on the planet that thought like that, which was something new to worry about! 

For a few more years I buried myself away in relative solitude and through various stressful jobs which kept my mind off things. However with the increased media coverage of the LGBT-etc. community since the early 2000s, plus friends / family querying why I "hadn't settled down with anyone yet", I wasn't able to completely block the situation away from my thoughts. 

I guess it was almost 2 years ago when I was between jobs that I was able to do some research and find that, joy of joys, I wasn't the only one! There were, are, and will always be people that have no nature or wish to enter into close / intimate relationships. And that's okay! 

So I eventually found my way here. Hopefully with the opportunity to impart some knowledge and experience, air-out a few opinions, and make some friends. 

Other details if you want 'em. Otherwise thanks for the read!

Welcome! What part of the UK are you from? I'm from Gatwick Airport :P 

birthday_cake_for_friends_wallpaper-othe

Mmm, cake. Thanks! 

I guess Gatwick Airport could be a place if you identify as an attack helicopter :P But seriously, I jest. 

I'm over the other side of the country from you @Lichley in the beautiful rainy coastal mud-hole resort grotty-town of Weston super Mare. Apparently I don't have a West Country accent, but do say 'Yarp' and 'Narp' though. 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

5 hours ago, Raire said:

Mmm, cake. Thanks! 

I guess Gatwick Airport could be a place if you identify as an attack helicopter :P But seriously, I jest. 

I'm over the other side of the country from you @Lichley in the beautiful rainy coastal mud-hole resort grotty-town of Weston super Mare. Apparently I don't have a West Country accent, but do say 'Yarp' and 'Narp' though. 

It's good if you like good hotels overhead traffic and friendly people  the highest teen pregnancy rates in the county. There are also incredibly high crime rates for an area this small. 2nd highest "violence and sexual offences", and crime rates in Sussex, first in possessions of weapons, drug offences, theft and crime across similar areas. So y'know, it's alright I guess...

Archived