What's your animal spirit?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Greetings everyone,

here are some questions for those who like to talk or think about the concept of "guardian spirits".

Do you have or believe in animals spirits?

If so, what's your power animal/totem ?

How did you find it?

Do you have animal guides? (Messenger, Shadow, Journey, Life)

Did you ever do a dream journey?

As for myself:

I attented two guided dream journeys in 2009-2010. It was a thrilling experience which revealed the following spirits to me:

Totem: Wolf

Messenger Guide: Jackal, Sergal

Shadow Guide: Spider

Journey Animal Guide: Otter / Weasel

Life Animal Guide: Orca

No matter if you decided to believe in it or not, it's still totally matching with my personality. Really fascinating

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Do you have or believe in animals spirits?

If so, what's your power animal /totem ?

How did you find it?

Do you have animal guides? (Messenger, Shadow, Journey, Life)

Did you ever do a dream journey?

Yes I do . 

Not sure . Is there a way to find out ? 

N/A for all other questions since I need to get it my animal spirit sorted out first !! :D

I often bounce between a hummingbird or butterfly, and rabbits show up quite often in my dreams. 

I just went through and looked at the spirit animals and I am a tiger or a wolf, as for believing in it all, not really sure

EmotionalAndroid

I don't know how I feel about it, as I really haven't looked into it before. I did just take the quiz and it told me I am a deer.

What is a dream journey, though? I am really curious about that because I once had an incredibly impactful and vivid dream and I think it did mean something important.

Many years ago, I researched this for myself and was informed that my spirit animal is a wolverine. I'm not even making that up. Truthfully, I was disappointed because I always considered myself more along the lines of a wolf or hummingbird.

Animals that I believe guide me and that I'm drawn to include crows/ravens and foxes. A fox, for example, is a trickster and I've been known to exhibit trickster tendencies in my life. Also, hippos and vultures. I can't really explain it other than 1) hippos are maternal and dangerous and 2) vultures exemplify the survival instinct and resourcefulness.

I am also curious as to where I might find out how to determine some of my other animal spirits, such as the shadow or messenger spirits.

I'm usually told I would be a border collie if I was an animal because I'm energetic, friendly, and decent smart. It's one of the top complements I get and it seriously makes my day :P

Spoiler

border-collie-u7.jpg

I dunno if that counts for what you are looking for.... But I do think it fits my personality?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 29.1.2018 at 7:22 PM, LVG said:

I often bounce between a hummingbird or butterfly, and rabbits show up quite often in my dreams. 

That sounds pretty cute and extraodinary :) What kind of symbolic message do they stand for?

23 hours ago, EmotionalAndroid said:

What is a dream journey, though? I am really curious about that because I once had an incredibly impactful and vivid dream and I think it did mean something important.

You can find some basic explanation in the video above. I hope it's useful.

21 hours ago, smack12776 said:

Many years ago, I researched this for myself and was informed that my spirit animal is a wolverine.

I once thought to be guided by a wolverine but it was actually a honey bagder :D

EmotionalAndroid
10 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

You can find some basic explanation in the video above. I hope it's useful.

Thanks for the videos! I watched them and I think this is really interesting, given some experiences I have had in the past and recurring themes in my dreams. I'm going to do more research on it.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
12 hours ago, EmotionalAndroid said:

Thanks for the videos! I watched them and I think this is really interesting, given some experiences I have had in the past and recurring themes in my dreams. I'm going to do more research on it.

Great! Please let me know if you find something interesting :)

Yes!!  My spirit animal found me last year. And I say "found" because I didn't even really believe in spirit animals before then. 

I was taking the trash cans out to the road for trash day one morning and a Great Blue Heron flew past me very close. (Now you understand my username, right?  Hahaha) 

I live in an area with a lot of water and marsh lands so I knew what it was but I have NEVER seen one that close before or since. 

It was so deeply moved by this huge majestic bird flying past me early in the morning and thought about it all day at work. 

So later on I researched the Blue Heron's meaning and it is a perfect fit!!! Everything I read about it's meaning as a spirit guide is 100% correct. So I know that it's my totem animal. I honestly don't know about the rest. But I'm so thankful for my Blue Heron spirit animal. 

• 2 weeks later...

I always get some bird of prey, so I'll say....bird of prey....or raptor....am I a dinosaur?

• 2 weeks later...

I took a few tests, and got "Snake". Which is strangely accurate, because I see snakes in my dreams often. 

I do believe in them, and I believe that my own totem is a Swan.

Oddly enough, the swan wasn't even my favourite animal, and still I'd found myself drawn to it even as a child. Those times were few, however, since I rarely come across swans and have never come in contact with one in real life sadly. Then, all of a sudden, at a time when I was at my absolute worst emotionally, the bird would start appearing in my thoughts constantly. I started looking up things relating to swans and felt a strange sense of comfort and warmth, but also as if this was trying to tell me something; an inner voice that I felt like I'd been ignoring for quite some time now. Swans have long been associated with grace and purity, but also with music, poetry, loyalty and true love. I find myself identifying heavily with this, but I'd often chosen to hide it just to fit in with my peers or because I'd grown used to putting on a rough facade. Ever since this revelation, I've been much happier and more in touch with myself and my inner voice :)

As for the others, I've yet to know!

Archived