Hello!

AussieEskimo

Heya, came across this website via an article I was reading published by PsychologyToday. I can honestly say that I do not know anyone else who is asexual, so...I guess for the sake of not feeling so 'out' I would like to reach out, know that my experiences aren't so strange.

I've been an identified asexual for about four years now, which was difficult because I honestly thought that there was something wrong with me. Of course that's when I found out more about asexuality, and having to try and explain it to others without making seem as though there is something hormonally wrong with me, still a challenge to this day and I always hear 'You just haven't found the right person', 'Maybe you should go on some sort of hormone treatment' and of course 'Well, you're so introverted and anti-social so how do you know if you don't go out with people?' (Last one if my all time fave *note sarcasm*. Anyway, Thats the shorter part of my story, and that is kinda what guided me here because I can honestly say I am tired of being the only one and feeling that sense of loneliness and expectancy I get form a majority of people & friends (Mum & sister not included thank the universe).

So, I'm not sure how this all works, but I am open to any guidance and feel free to shoot me a message. 

-Cheers all.

Hi AussieEskimo, welcome :D

I came in that site yesterday. Often people find difficult to understand our sexual orientation, but remember that you're not wrong. With time the people who are close to you will understand.

Good luck for everything. Remember that you're never alone, whether  you are asexual or not ;)

Hiya and welcome! :cake::cake:

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear that the people around you have been so unsupportive of you. We'll support you no matter what :) 

mouth_watering_cake-other.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived