New Kid in Town

NoJo

Hello all,

I just found AVEN and all of the posts I have read seemed very friendly so I decided to make one of my own! I am currently going to school for my undergrad in math and physics although I'm interested in all sorts of stuff! 

To start off, I have absolutely no idea how I identify so my main hope in joining AVEN is that I will be able to gain insight about myself. For most of my life I just identified as "straight" (I am a guy) and since I was kinda a nerd in primary and secondary school that worked okay. However, since I started University I have had a number of sexual encounters which have left me wondering what exactly I am. I would certainly say that I find other people attractive but it may be more of an "aesthetic attraction." I've run into the term "Demisexual" which seems similar to how I feel but I am still unsure if it is actually fitting. To that end I don't think I am purely asexual but I am certainly less driven by / interest in sex as compared to those around me. When it comes to the romantic side of everything I am still interested in being romantically involved with others which has made this process of realization even more confusing. 

Aside from all of that I enjoy a number of activities including rowing, reading, skiing, cooking, and listening to music. I am also a big movie fan including the guilty pleasure of watching those kinda strange indie romance movies (e.g. "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World").

Hopefully I'll be able to find out more about myself here but regardless I'm excited to be a part of this community! 

P.S. I'm a big Eagles fan if you didn't catch the title of this post.

Welcome! What quite a lot of people don't realise is that there is more than one type of attraction. Here, take a sketch comic:

Sketchcomic - types of Attraction

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived