Teen Squish Venting Arena !

:)(:

Hello!

I made this thread because honestly I made this because I am a bit at a loss on what to do about my squish I feel as if some people (teens) may be more or less experienced in squish-like love and can help other non-adults on this stuff.

If nothing else it is a place for you to vent about how cute your squish is, because if you are like me you have a deficit of  asexual friends that understand how awesome-scary-cute-wonderful a squish can be !

Well let let me go first... Hi im :)(:

I have a squish on a person who has a really cool name. It legit is cool and gender neutral and stuff and even is Aztec which just makes it cooler... The kid I like is in a grade below me and I just switched out of a class with that person. So we only say hi in the hallways...

I dunno what I want to do. I just really want to tell them.

But im chicken. So probably no :(

I developed a squish on a dude who's in the men's unauditioned choir (unauditioned choirs are still pretty good at my school) and is 2 years younger than me. So probably never going to work out.

But he wears THE WORST MOST OVERRATED headphones. 

But one of my (former) squishes turned out really well. She had a squish on me back, and we ended up being friends and walking each other to class and when we go on tour (we're both traveling for choir) we signed up to be roomates together :)

With squishes, some work, some don't. But you gotta be true to your own personality, as well as know what works with you.

2 hours ago, :)(: said:

I dunno what I want to do. I just really want to tell them.

You don't necessarily have to tell them right away. Maybe just start small and try to become better friends with them and introduce them to asexuality first. Its not foolproof but it could work

Island-Of-Dogs

I'm curious, why limit this discussion to teenagers only?   

Anywho, I've been nursing a major squish on somebody for roughly a year now. Unfortunately, I'm in no position to "act on" my squish... because he's a moderately successful YouTuber, who lives over a thousand miles away from where I do. Damn it! Unrequited love sucks big time, no matter who it's directed at and what form of love it takes. It's a maddening situation to be caught up in and it seems to lead to a sad state of personal affairs. 

18 minutes ago, Island-Of-Dogs said:

I guess it’s because I feel as teens are at the same place? I mean I feel as an adults you have things like jobs and taxes and a bit of jadedness? And the obstacles are different. But as teenagers we have parents and grades and teachers and stuff and those things are our obstacles now. 

I think part of it is for me....

(selfish 😱I know)

...want to see other ppl my age handle squishes b/c honestly I don’t have any experience and I’m kinda afraid that I will find the right person I would be too scared to act...

32 minutes ago, Island-Of-Dogs said:

Hey everyone!

Do you think we should open the age to like 13-21 years?

Or is teens only good?

... my only complaint is it’s going to mess up the title...

54 minutes ago, Booklion27 said:

introduce them to asexuality first.

Ok this will be me next step. I actually planned trying to get them into GSA and causally revealing I’m ace...

Island-Of-Dogs
1 hour ago, :)(: said:

I guess it’s because I feel as teens are at the same place? I mean I feel as an adults you have things like jobs and taxes and a bit of jadedness? And the obstacles are different. But as teenagers we have parents and grades and teachers and stuff and those things are our obstacles now. 

I think part of it is for me....

(selfish 😱I know)

...want to see other ppl my age handle squishes b/c honestly I don’t have any experience and I’m kinda afraid that I will find the right person I would be too scared to act...

I mean... you seem to be completely ignoring how adults -by virtue of being adults-  have already gone thru the sort of things that you're currently going thru. And you know, it's kind of the "oldies" job to impart advice to "youngins" via relaying they're own experiences and how they were effected by them. By limiting discussion to your own age group, you're missing out on that and essentially encasing yourself in a bubble to boot. 

So I think that this thread would get more attention ((And you therefore would receive more advice regarding how to deal with your own squish)) if you officially opened it up to all ages.  

HufflepuffAce24601

I have this squish on this girl in my choir and she sings SO WELL and is super pretty and nice and just a really amazing person, but she's also several years over than me and allo, so I doubt my feeling will be reciprocated, and we're not super close or anything. I would honestly just be content with being regular friends, but I am an awkward child and practically melted the last time she smiled at me, so...

EnterCreativeName

I've had plenty of squishes, but this one I have now seems so much more... difficult? I've never been friends with any of my platonic crushes until this last one. I don't know when I realized, but it's obvious to me now. I've hang out at her house after school, and scheduled classes with her, and we sit next to each other in band every day. Every now and then I want to just tell her how amazing she is, how much of a great friend she can be, and that I admire her hard work. But I haven't, unless it's in small compliments. I don't want her to take it the wrong way, and sometimes I feel as if I'm too clingy, asking if we can hang out after school. 

8 hours ago, HufflepuffAce24601 said:

awkward child and practically melted the last time she smiled at me, so...

Awww ! Try saying she has a nice smile or something ? Possibly that can lead into a conversation ? 

You obviously mean it and complementing sincerely is a good way to start !

8 hours ago, EnterCreativeName said:

sometimes I feel as if I'm too clingy,

I deal with this a lot . Mostly I am the one to text them 😖😞

5 minutes ago, Booklion27 said:

2 hours ago, HufflepuffAce24601 said:

Oh no she got a haircut

And?

Cliffhanger. And ??

Hey I have a question ... it’s for the heterosexual only ppl who have squishes. So I have a squish on this kid who is the same sex as me I’m worried that I’m not bi but because I don’t intend to have sex it doesn’t matter the gender because I love in an asexual way. I just want to know how a heterosexual asexual works...

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, :)(: said:

heterosexual asexual works...

I think you mean heteroromantic  asexual

HufflepuffAce24601
On 2/5/2018 at 6:24 PM, :)(: said:

And ??

She looks so good omg this is killing me.

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose I have a bit of a severe squish on this friend of mine. I've known her for a few years and we have plenty of mutual friends but I wouldn't say that we're very close friends at all. I don't talk to her nearly as much as I would like to, in fact I can sometimes go a week or two without really talking to her. I'm not really sure what to do about it. It's frustrating to be sure.   Well anyway  

Archived