Asexuals and parenthood

Hoey1013

Hi I’m new to the forum I am demisexual currently not in a relationship haven’t been in one for years I personally don’t have a desire to be a mother or have that maternal bond for children, I see children as lovely and pure innocence something to protect but do not want to have a family of my own wanted to ask do any asexuals/demisexuals have the desire to want to raise a family or see if any asexuals/demisexuals are currently raising a family it intrigued me because there are assumptions that people like us automatically don’t want children we are at times seen more as child free or people being single for the sake of being single really want to kno your thoughts :)

I really want to have children on my own and also I'd like to adopt. I have had this desire to have heirs since my early teens. Back then I didn't know I'll have such a hard time finding a partner. My dreams for family will probably never come true, though. 

I'm married with a stepdaughter.  Have had no desire to be a mother... had to take care of younger siblings, then stepdaughter, but still think I wouldn't have had kids. I only worry about getting old and no one taking care of me, but I guess people with kids fear that too! (Never thought I'd find a partner either... oy! When you least expect it....) I do like contributing to those children around me and I work at the local college and love seeing my students grow. Perhaps that's how I am "maternal."

Archived