Asexual and dating

happy34

I'm a 29 year old a sexual woman. More than anything in this world I want a marriage. I want a man who I have things in common with, someone to be in a loving, monogamous, lifelong relationship with. I enjoy hand-holding, hugging, kissing but I have absolutely no interest in sex. My problem is trying to find an asexual male is next to Impossible. I live in Michigan and there's absolutely no asexual meetup groups that I can find. Any advice? I would be really grateful.

4 minutes ago, happy34 said:

I'm a 29 year old a sexual woman. More than anything in this world I want a marriage. I want a man who I have things in common with, someone to be in a loving, monogamous, lifelong relationship with. I enjoy hand-holding, hugging, kissing but I have absolutely no interest in sex. My problem is trying to find an asexual male is next to Impossible. I live in Michigan and there's absolutely no asexual meetup groups that I can find. Any advice? I would be really grateful.

Since the asexual community is very spread out, a lot of aces choose LDRs, or online dating. If you could meet someone in a neighboring state, it would be a short/cheap flight for weekend visits and such and Skype and other video chat programs make the distance not quite so bad.

Otherwise, you could try organizing ace meetups in your area and make friends. A lot of times there are no meetup groups in an area not because of lack of interest, but because lack of someone willing to organize it once a month. 

Romantic ace, huh? I know exactly how you feel, except for the fact that I'm male. I have a great girlfriend who knows that I'm ace, and I didn't think that that would ever happen.

Just keep your head up. You can find someone great, especially with the fact that you're romantic.

Archived