A thread about drinking tea

Palovana

SpaceDustbin

A good Jasmine tea is a thing of beauty :D (which reminds that I have to stash some again from a local toko :ph34r:

My new tea was delivered today! Now my tea cabinet is full. I haven't tried any of the new ones yet but I'm so excited! I'm always excited to try new tea. ^_^ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 9:59 AM, Palovana said:

Does anyone else change up what tea they drink with the seasons?

I'm ordering some tea (again) and I realized that I tend to drink more green tea in spring/summer. I also don't like to put milk in my tea in summer, kind of grosses me out when it's hot outside. Instead I drink it plain, or I add just a little honey to it. I tend to like lighter, more delicate flavors and oolong and darjeeling teas instead of bolder black tea blends and breakfast teas. That all changes again in September, though. :P 

In the summer I really like to drink iced spring  Jasmine tea and in the winters I like to have Lapsang Souchong. In the fall I tend to have Kukicha twigs more often ! 

Since switching from coffee to tea, I've really gotten into trying different flavors. A few months ago I tried a few Russian teas. Delicious.

My favorites are still chai and rooibos, though.

Additionally, I found a store with exotic teas...I'm too scared to go in and look at it longingly when I walk past it. I just KNOW the prices are going to be ridiculous and make me weep.

WinterWanderer

Just bought some chai tea today! Can't wait to try it.

Also bought some Swedish ginger cookies to dip in my tea.

Celyn: The Lutening

I just had one of my wisdom teeth out so I've been banned from "hot or stimulating drinks".

All pain and no tea makes Cel a grumpy person.

54 minutes ago, Celyn said:

I just had one of my wisdom teeth out so I've been banned from "hot or stimulating drinks".

All pain and no tea makes Cel a grumpy person.

I hope you feel better soon! 🙂

Thanks, Ixi, I'm nearly back to normal. I'll probably give tea a miss until tomorrow though.

just out of curiosity: 

sweetened tea yay or nay?

I can now drink tea once more! I feel a lot more human now I'm on my third cup of the day. Still can't whistle though :( I only discovered this when my dog wandered off in the park

I always put sugar or honey in my tea.

51 minutes ago, daveb said:

I always put sugar or honey in my tea.

Oooh. Honey is great in tea. But I keep forgetting.

someone recently told me about white honey, which I had never heard of before. It's supposedly better than regular honey in terms of health benefits but from what I've seen, it's expensive :/

On 4/4/2018 at 5:34 PM, Rynn said:

Just bought some chai tea today! Can't wait to try it.

Also bought some Swedish ginger cookies to dip in my tea.

My most favorite snack ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Sevrn said:

Oooh. Honey is great in tea. But I keep forgetting.

someone recently told me about white honey, which I had never heard of before. It's supposedly better than regular honey in terms of health benefits but from what I've seen, it's expensive :/

ooh I think I've had some before. From what I remember, taste wise  i like regular honey better.

One of the teas I got from Zhena's is called Firelight Chai. It's essentially just rooibos with chai spices, but Zhena's chai is the best I've ever tasted. I've only tried this one and their coconut chai, and both are so delicious. Perfect blend of spices, doesn't taste artificial or too sweet like other brands. In this you can actually taste the cloves and spices other than cinnamon. Might be the most comforting tea I've ever had. :) 

I have this 'winter/christmas tea' from Germany and it's basically black tea with cinnamon, star anise, cloves, candied orange peel, rose petals, and a couple other spices I think. It's the best thing to drink on cold days with a touch of honey.

Why do all the amazing sounding chais and spice teas get ruined by cinnamon? Me no likey. (Have I said this before? Probably. Whatever, just stop putting cinnamon in everything)

I loove tea! I didn't use to like it for a long time, but then I found the tea for me. THe first tea I ever loved was apple green tea. It was sweet and lovely. Now I mostly drink black teas and Christmas teas are my favourite. I love how spicy and warm they are. I usually drink my tea with splash of milk, but I can also think tea without anything added to it. 

SpaceDustbin

I'm joining the winter/Christmas tea fanclub! :D

My current favourite is the Twinings Christmas Tea. It gives you that extra cost wintery feeling, and it comes in cute little tins, which is an additional bonus :lol:

@SpaceDustbin The Twinings Christmas Tea is delicious! I love how warm and spicy winter teas are. Last Christmas I also tasted some Christmas green tea and it was surprisingly good as well. 

I'm getting ready to move in the next couple of months which means I am on a firm 'no tea buying' stint for now because I need to try and get through as much of my old stuff as possible. I don't want to have to leave tea behind this time. 

Currently I'm drinking a cup of "Cozy Caramel Rooibos" from a tea store back where I used to live and boy is it both comforting and delicious.

I'm about to make a pot of Oolong using the leaves (so much nicer than tea bags).. making it strong and having it with milk tastes sooooo good, and I'm sick today so I'm hoping it'll help me feel a bit better!

Image result for oolong tea

I stole this image off pinterest lol but that's what the leaves look like, they're quite chunky!!! (my ex used to smoke weed a lot and his 'buds' looked like this after they were chopped up haha)

2 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

I'm about to make a pot of Oolong using the leaves (so much nicer than tea bags).. making it strong and having it with milk tastes sooooo good, and I'm sick today so I'm hoping it'll help me feel a bit better!

Tea leaves are without a doubt the best way to steep. I still have bags from time to time, but never when I'm at home.

Hope it helps you feel better!

4 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

I stole this image off pinterest lol but that's what the leaves look like, they're quite chunky!!! (my ex used to smoke weed a lot and his 'buds' looked like this after they were chopped up haha

One time I had an acquaintance come over to pick something up at my apartment. I happened to have left a small bag of 'trial' green tea that i got somewhere lying around. Well she gave some rather awkward glances and asked me if it was week. I had to explain that the only 'weeds' i have are tea leaves.

25 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

... I'm sick today so I'm hoping it'll help me feel a bit better!

I hope you feel better soon. 🌸 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. Does anyone else make a cup of tea and only drink half of it? Like, almost every time? I have a 16 oz. mug - it's my tea mug, you see, it's the only mug I drink tea from. I find that in general I only drink about half of it before it starts to get cold. But back when I used regular sized mugs and even teacups, I never drank all of it. I always left some, usually about half. I do that with coffee too. I sometimes feel bad, like I'm wasting it. 

No, I do the opposite - drink it super quickly then wonder where all the tea's gone. My stepmum always leaves half her coffee though, it drives me mental.

I actually prefer my tea lukewarm or cold rather than hot so even though I don't usually drink all of in one go, I end up finishing it eventually by sipping it while doing other work. 

2 minutes ago, Tapioca said:

I actually prefer my tea lukewarm or cold

Lukewarm tea grosses me out lol.

Archived