A thread about drinking tea

Palovana

purpleandgreylife

I also love drinking tea! My favorite is peppermint tea with organic raw honey. I also drink Throat Coat tea in the morning to help with dry mouth from some of the medicines I take. I like to have it with a splash of lemon juice and organic raw honey.

On 19.2.2018 at 9:38 PM, lucyrose_x said:

Has anyone tried teapigs tea? Their peppermint and chamomile is really good, I'd recommend it! :) 

I just bought a brand of teapigs today! The green tea one. I have never invested in more quality tea brands before, but I'm going through some rough times and a friend adviced me to start filling my kitchen with hot drinks that I would actually be motivated to taste.

What are some of you people's most favourite kind of comfort-tea?

Ooo I love tea! Yay other addicts!! 

I have some tea I collected from Kenya and it is my favourite (it's a black tea), I can't wait to go back and restock this summer! I also really enjoy Kukicha Twig Tea and Atama Bancha. 

If you like Jasmine tea and have never had it iced I highly recommend you go do that right now! It is soooo good. 

On 2/21/2018 at 9:50 AM, Ellibalda said:

I just bought a brand of teapigs today! The green tea one. I have never invested in more quality tea brands before, but I'm going through some rough times and a friend adviced me to start filling my kitchen with hot drinks that I would actually be motivated to taste.

How is the green tea for that brand? I have only had the English breakfast and it is so good. 

My recent comfort tea is Lapsang Souchong. It's a black tea that tastes like a campfire. I usually drink it on REALLY cold days, Canada gets cold! 

Campfire! That sounds lovely <3

I'm not a great judge of teas, but I've had like 4 cups every day since I bought it and I absolutely love the taste! I drink mine with a tablespoon of honey.

13 hours ago, Ellibalda said:

Campfire! That sounds lovely <3

I'm not a great judge of teas, but I've had like 4 cups every day since I bought it and I absolutely love the taste! I drink mine with a tablespoon of honey.

It is amazing! I found it at a small local place, so if you ever see it I recommend it! 

I will have to give it a try!! 

I don't like green tea (one of the things supertasters often don't like).

I got myself some Darjeeling and an assortment (Earl Grey, English Breakfast and a couple of other "standards"). I'd like to get some Lapsang Souchong. The name and the flavor always intrigued me. It seems like it's not carried in many places (certainly not in the local supermarkets I shop at).

I got a Harrods tea selection for Christmas a few years back, had some nice teas  I hadn't tried before like Assam, Ceylon, Darjeeling and of course included English breakfast/afternoon tea. I'm not a fan of earl grey though. 

When it comes to standard tea on a day to day basis I buy Yorkshire tea or a Twinings English breakfast, will drink pg tips or typhoo as well, it's more about how the tea is made i.e. leaving it to brew for a good few minutes. Some people at my work literally take the bag out as soon as the water is poured! Don't know how people can drink it so weak!? 

10 hours ago, daveb said:

I don't like green tea (one of the things supertasters often don't like).

I got myself some Darjeeling and an assortment (Earl Grey, English Breakfast and a couple of other "standards"). I'd like to get some Lapsang Souchong. The name and the flavor always intrigued me. It seems like it's not carried in many places (certainly not in the local supermarkets I shop at).

If you like a strong flavour I am sure you would like Lapsang Souchong! I have only ever found it at small independent tea shops so I would check and see if there is anywhere near you! Otherwise, you may be able to find it online! 

23 minutes ago, Ace_Cat said:

If you like a strong flavour I am sure you would like Lapsang Souchong! I have only ever found it at small independent tea shops so I would check and see if there is anywhere near you! Otherwise, you may be able to find it online! 

Thanks! I just haven't bothered to look very far. I would be surprised if Portland doesn't have some small independent tea shops that might sell it. :lol: In the even it doesn't, online is a good idea. I buy plenty of hard to find niche items online, but don't often think about it for things like comestibles (or potables). :D 

On 2/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, Ellibalda said:

Chai with warm milk, or pretty much any herbal tea. Although I usually find a hot cup of tea comforting, no matter what kind it is. :) 

I am all out of English Breakfast. :(

So I just opened a new box of Harney and Sons Irish Breakfast tea! Which I've never tried before. And it's...very strong. Very strong. I'm not quite sure I like it as much as the English Breakfast, not because I don't like strong tea, but it's missing the subtle natural sweetness of English Breakfast. I almost feel like I need to (I can't believe I'm saying this) add a teaspoon of sugar to it. Which is just totally blasphemous in my opinion. :P

1 hour ago, Palovana said:

I am all out of English Breakfast. :(

So I just opened a new box of Harney and Sons Irish Breakfast tea! Which I've never tried before. And it's...very strong. Very strong. I'm not quite sure I like it as much as the English Breakfast, not because I don't like strong tea, but it's missing the subtle natural sweetness of English Breakfast. I almost feel like I need to (I can't believe I'm saying this) add a teaspoon of sugar to it. Which is just totally blasphemous in my opinion. :P

Have you tried Darjeeling tea?

penny_dreadful

I have a a free standing cabinet just to hold all of my tea in the corner of the living room in my parent's house (which sadly it is back in Canada, I could not pack it with me! But living in England has more than helped me build a new collection). I like pretty much all teas, though I can only really handle fruit teas if they're iced...

I collect tea like I collect books: 5x the rate I drink/read them! There's a small tea farm on Vancouver Island that is the only place in Canada that grows their own tea plants, worth checking out for anyone in the area. I have lots from them and they're all excellent! :) A few years ago I had a friend from Ontario stay with me in Vancouver while she took a Tea sommelier course, so if any of you tea addicts are not sure on what sort of job you want in life, that is actually a legit thing. :P

3 hours ago, Zatarra said:

Have you tried Darjeeling tea?

Yes, it's so good. I drink it plain. 

2 hours ago, penny_dreadful said:

I have a a free standing cabinet just to hold all of my tea

Okay, I'm jealous. 

5 hours ago, Palovana said:

add a teaspoon of sugar to it. Which is just totally blasphemous in my opinion. :P

I confess I always add sugar (or honey) to my tea, or rarely, milk. Can't take it straight. :(   

But I have no problem being a heretic. :P 

44 minutes ago, daveb said:

I confess I always add sugar (or honey) to my tea, or rarely, milk. Can't take it straight. :(   

But I have no problem being a heretic. :P 

I put honey in some herbal teas, but never sugar. Sugar ruins the flavor too much for me. But I might have to make an exception. I think for once it might actually complement the Irish Breakfast tea, it kind of seems like it's supposed to be taken with both milk and sugar. Maybe tomorrow I'll pick up some fancy sugar cubes. ;) 

SilverForestFae

I saw the name of this and instantly went "ooooh *click*" haha!

I love tea hot or cold! (I also love coffee hot or cold) I drink most teas plain and coffee always plain

I really love lady gray, chai, basil (I know it's not actual tea but I love it, it's like an earthy tasting chamomile), I also love chamomile, and I got this stuff labeled "honey lemon ginseng tea" and it had a mix of green and white tea in it and it has become one of my favorites! I also love cinnamon teas, and holiday tea - it smells like potpourri :3 I really love herbal teas a lot

I've been trying to collect new teas every few weeks so I can try new things. I wish I could buy them all and try :3

penny_dreadful
7 hours ago, Palovana said:

Okay, I'm jealous. 

To be fair it's not a big cabinet :P

I drink tea on occasion, but I never considered it something to start a fan club over. :huh:

I like hot Bori cha. I am also a fan of fruit teas.

Grumpy Alien

I love tea. I’m pretty picky about brands too. I’m particularly partial to black teas with matcha as an exception. Lately I’ve also been drinking Twinings turmeric tea. 

2 hours ago, Palovana said:

You're obviously not as serious as some of us about tea drinking. :P 

I am just here to steal the snacks... *evil grin*

40 minutes ago, Malum said:

I am just here to steal the snacks... *evil grin*

**offers biscuit**

AwkwardAxolotl

My roommates tell me I have a tea problem. I have 15-20 varieties of tea on a set of shelves that I made specifically to house my teas. The top shelf is for my favorites, which tend to be the teas with a sharper flavor (my favorites are chai, lemon ginger, and a peppermint/spearmint blend).

I absolutely love, love tea!! My favorites tend to be jasmine, green, chai, fruit, and sweetened black teas. My usual cup is a jasmine pearl -- super comforting, like being wrapped in a warm blanket. I get them from Adagio.com and I swear by them -- their teas are fresh and flavorful. They're based in Chicago but ship really fast.

When I'm in the mood for dessert teas, I tend to drink Thai milk tea (I make it myself), apple chai milk tea (sugar and half & half), and any (milk) tea boba drinks really. I'm all about that #bobalife with at least 3 (milk) tea drinks per week and feel absolutely no shame (my wallet does though). Another great drink is the Tazo Pumpkin Spice chai tea latte (yes I'm a basic b----) bottled drink that's sold at Target. So great with milk when I'm craving a sweet drink.

During the winter holidays, I make a huge pot of apple-pear black tea that consists of sliced apples, sliced pears, Lipton black tea, and lots of honey. It's so comforting during the winter and a huge hit at holiday parties. I drink this fruit-tea combo hot or cold depending on the unpredictable SoCal weather.

When I'm feeling under the weather, I make my "magic" tea which consists of ginger, lemon, honey, and black tea. Sometimes I'll substitute with a green tea to make it lighter. It's a really fast and delicious way to recover.

Tea is just so great. 

I absolutely love drinking tea! I drink ridiculous amounts of it and my favourite one is definitely Earl Grey. I almost always add sugar and sometimes add milk, lemon, orange, honey or jam. Doesn't matter what I drink it has to be sweet, what can I do.

And I collect tea, sometimes it's of higher quality (and therefore more expensive unfortunately) but most of the time I buy every kind of tea available in the shop :D

This is my proud collection (you can't see everything because there is more behind the ones you can see) :

2b713fe8a7c67816abd26bd049417cdd.jpg

f5172ed6be8918546df9f257bfdfe194.jpg

I'm half way through my third cup of the day, but I'm clearly not very adventurous. Just normal English Breakfast Tea with semi-skimmed milk and two sugars. It's the first thing I do when I come downstairs in the morning - put the kettle on and make a pot of tea. Geology is important though. My tap water (faucet in the US?) is very hard. (Chalk acquifer) It doesn't make quite as good a cup as water does in e.g. parts of Yorkshire where the water is softer. 

I had peppermint tea tonight. Now I feel so relaxed and peaceful. And sleepy...night-night everyone... ^_^ 

Archived