A thread about drinking tea

Palovana

On 2/1/2018 at 9:46 PM, Palovana said:

@daveb I will literally ship you a box of Paris tea next time I order from Harney & Sons if you would like. Might be a couple of months before I do though, because I just got 7 new boxes of tea from them last week. :ph34r:

I was ordering some hobby supplies and a book online earlier and decided to order some of that Paris tea, too. :D 

1 hour ago, daveb said:

I was ordering some hobby supplies and a book online earlier and decided to order some of that Paris tea, too. :D 

I might have to order some for myself now since we've been talking about it. :lol:

1. I brew my tea by the cup.

2. Organic India: Tulsi Tea

3. I prefer my tea plain.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:13 PM, Palovana said:

I might have to order some for myself now since we've been talking about it. :lol:

The tea arrived this afternoon. I just had a cup. It's different from other teas I have and it's good (smells good in the tin, too). Nice to have different choices. Thanks for mentioning/recommending it! :D 

Oh my gosh I am so happy this thread exists! I am a tea addict and always looking for recommendations! A bit of a tangent, but does anyone else collect tea cups/mugs? My pride and joy is my Shakespeare Insult mug : )

4 hours ago, daveb said:

The tea arrived this afternoon. I just had a cup. It's different from other teas I have and it's good (smells good in the tin, too). Nice to have different choices. Thanks for mentioning/recommending it! :D 

You are welcome! It's one of my favorite black teas from them, when I want to treat myself to something different than my usual English Breakfast or Earl Grey Supreme. :) 

16 hours ago, Palovana said:

You are welcome! It's one of my favorite black teas from them, when I want to treat myself to something different than my usual English Breakfast or Earl Grey Supreme. :) 

I'm drinking another cup right now. :lol:

My other teas are going to feel neglected.

butterflydreams

This thread showed up but was truncated as "a thread about drinking te" and my first reaction was, "a thread about drinking tequila?! Alright!!" :ph34r:

But tea is good too. I make my own peppermint tea. Grow the peppermint myself. It's delicious.

I just finished the box of organic Chai my sister bought me for Christmas and I'm sad. It was so good!!  

These days I'm drinking a lot of Earl Gray and peppermint. 

I had a long streak of drinking green tea but after a year of drinking about 2-3 cups of green tea everyday Ive switched it up. 

Sometimes if I feel a cold coming on I just mix some ginger with honey in hot water. 

Wish I could try all the kinds I'm reading about here. They sound delicious. 

WinterWanderer

I've been trying to get into tea lately. I've got some English breakfast tea, green tea, ginger teasan, chamomile teasan, and Earl Grey. I like to drink the English breakfast tea in the morning with some milk and vanilla. (But I still prefer coffee as my usual morning beverage.) Ginger teasan is excellent with milk, too. And I LOVE Earl Grey, either plain or with milk, sweetener, and/or vanilla. The chamomile herbal tea puts me to sleep, so I only drink it if I'm anxious. :P

Just introduced my sister to the Earl Grey today, and she loved it too!

On 1/26/2018 at 10:10 PM, arekathevampyre said:

I love tea . 

Especially peppermint tea and Japanese roasted rice tea :)

I enjoy green tea , chamomile tea and oolong tea too :)

So, do tell...

What does Japanese roasted rice tea taste like?

I'm so curious...:ph34r:

I am a tea lover so instead of raving about all the teas I love and have and drink, etc. 

I will provide a moment I call, "Tea Remorse"

Went out for hibachi with my son this even. Lovely little place. Friendly service, exceptional even.

Ordered hot green tea. Prior experiences at hibachi grills are they bring you the little ceramic kettle with green tea already brewed and then you just sip away to your hearts delight.

Instead...I receive a green tea 'bag' (this is where my tea snob comes out) and a mug of hot water. For $3.00.

It was all wrong. 

3 minutes ago, smack12776 said:

I'm personally not really a fan. I tried it recently, and it tastes like how it sounds. Like a starchy, toasted, grassy liquid. It has a weird aftertaste to me. It's not a smoky flavor, like gunpowder (which I love). It's just more of a...burnt bread flavor. With grass on top. In my opinion. I mean other people like what they like but I could do without.

1 minute ago, Palovana said:

I'm personally not really a fan. I tried it recently, and it tastes like how it sounds. Like a starchy, toasted, grassy liquid. It has a weird aftertaste to me. It's not a smoky flavor, like gunpowder (which I love). It's just more of a...burnt bread flavor. With grass on top. In my opinion. I mean other people like what they like but I could do without.

Hmm..

Now that sounds interesting. Oddly enough, I'm more interested in trying it than before based on your description (which was a very good one, thank you).

Really appreciate your input :) 

7 minutes ago, Palovana said:

I accidentally bought some of this a while back without realizing what it was (I thought it was just matcha, didn't read the description...oops). I got this one here. It's got a really unique flavor. I didn't hate it, but it really (bad pun alert) wasn't my cup of tea (sorry).

@smack12776 Hey you might like it. I'm all for trying new teas. I believe it's also called genmaicha, or gen mai cha, or something. Numi sells it, so if you can find an Earthfare or a Whole Foods or a World Market or a co-op -presumably - I'm sure you can find it

2 minutes ago, Palovana said:

@smack12776 Hey you might like it. I'm all for trying new teas. I believe it's also called genmaicha, or gen mai cha, or something. Numi sells it, so if you can find an Earthfare or a Whole Foods or a World Market or a co-op -presumably - I'm sure you can find it

Okay, I will check Whole Foods the next time I'm there.  I've not seen it in World Market which is where I get my Yorkshire Gold but I've never specifically looked, so I might check there too. If not, just order it from Numi. I'm glad it's at least on my radar now.

(This is off-topic but I love World Market and I'm upset that there's not one in the town where I live now) :(

arekathevampyre
2 hours ago, smack12776 said:

So, do tell...

I'm so curious...:ph34r:

It has a green tea like taste with a nutty aftertaste (maybe because it is made with brown rice) . 

It tastes really nice and light on the stomach so it is good for hot days especially !!

I don't do caffeine anymore, sad, but there are amazing tisanes out there. I collect the more interesting ones. When I did drink caffeine I enjoyed legit tea shops, usually Chinese, where you can try before you buy. I was never a true snob because I loved Blue People just as much as a good Dragon Well or Pur'eh. 

Tea is the best thing ever!!

I drink it at all times, be it summer, winter, spring or fall. I don't add any sugar, but tend to add cookies and cake, break them with a spoon and eat them like cereals. Occasionally, I put a spoon of sugar. During summer, I drink tea with yogurt (one spoon of tea, one spoon of yogurt).

I love mint and peppermint tea, cinnamon tea and the ones my grandma used to plant, but I can drink any kind. My least favorite must be chamomile. It just seems to not have flavor.

12 hours ago, Topi said:

I love mint and peppermint tea, cinnamon tea and the ones my grandma used to plant, but I can drink any kind. My least favorite must be chamomile. It just seems to not have flavor.

Agree about chamomile, it's OK with spearmint though :) 

I've basically been living off of lemon, mint, and chamomile tea lately due to a combination of illness and being a non-coffee person in college. (I don't really do all that great with caffeine either, it makes it hard for me to be calm/stay calm which is an annoying combination when paired with anxiety<_<)  

Do other people drink tea with honey, sugar, or agave nectar? It depends on the tea for me, but mint and chamomile tea with honey and lemon is really good.

I usually drink hot tea with honey or brown sugar. Iced tea I like to drink with lemon and regular sugar.

Ha! People told me I would become a coffee drinker when I went on the night shift years ago while I was going to college during the day. Nope, didn't happen. Still don't like coffee (or coffee-flavored stuff such as coffee ice cream). :P

The chamomile tea I get that I like is Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile, so it has a good flavor (possibly due to those other things). :)

Just finished the last of the maple tea I bought in Montreal last October (it has maple flavouring, not made from maple leaves or anything).

• 2 weeks later...

I literally bought dried floral tea so I have the aesthetic appeal as well as tea, for my enjoyment. Yes, I will drink the tea with the flowers in there just so I can look at them.

Archived