A thread about drinking tea

Palovana

3 minutes ago, Palovana said:
3 hours ago, Euna said:

Have you tried Harney & Sons' "Paris" tea?  It's like a fancy, vanilla Earl Grey, one of my faves...

Yessss it is so good. Their teas in general are delicious and high quality. I've never been disappointed in any of them.

Oh, that sounds good! I will have to look for it. (made a note to myself!) :)

I don't care for green tea, but I do like black tea and some herbal "teas". I bought some maple tea when I was in Montreal last year. It's black tea with just enough maple (flavoring, I presume; hopefully natural). The teas I drink the most are Celestial Seasoning's Honey Chamomile tea, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast. I usually drink those with some brown sugar or honey added, rarely with milk. I also got some cold-brew tea last Summer - you brew it with cold water right out of the tap and then add ice. No hot water involved. And it brews just as quickly as regular hot tea. A nice way to make a single cup of iced tea quickly. When I eat out sometimes I get iced tea or an Arnold Palmer (a mix of iced tea and lemonade (American style)).

6 hours ago, Palovana said:

Harney and Sons* ;)

That's one of my most favorite brands! And yeah, that tea is so delicious. I love it when it's cold outside. Is the one you have the decaf/herbal one? I know they have two different kinds, the regular is called Hot Cinnamon Spice and is made with Keemun I think.  

I just received a box full of tisanes from them in the mail. :lol:

AGGGHHH, I did it again! I know someone whose last name is Harvey, and I kept saying that by mistake. Orz (I've fixed it now, though. Thank you!)

Nope, this one is caffeinated. I'm definitely going to try the decaf one, though!

Lol it's not a big deal. I've completely turned auto-correct off because sometimes I think it has no idea what language I'm speaking. I don't remember what the decaf one is called. I haven't tried it but I've seen it on their website. Maybe it's just decaf hot cinnamon? :huh:

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I'm into black tea only (Darjeeling, Earl Grey, Assam, Ceylon)  I don't have any favourite brands but a some nice local tea stores to buy me 1-2 packages a year :D

Casual daily blends: Twinning's, Windsor Castle, Teekanne, Meßner

Addons: Sugar & lemon

arekathevampyre

And why does peppermint tea taste "weird" when cold ? I drank it at room temperature (it cooled down on it's own) and it tasted kind off tasteless . ugh !! 

Also , is it okay to drink tea everyday ? 

(in addition to water) 

Yes, I drink tea every day except for Sunday 

3 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

Has anyone tried chocolate tea ? :)

YES. I had a box of chocolate chai a few months ago. It didn't last very long lol. 

3 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

I've been drinking tea almost every day for the last 10 years or so and nothing's happened to me yet. :P

5 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

Has anyone tried chocolate tea ? :)

I saw some in the store yesterday. I'm going to try it when I can. :D

5 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

And why does peppermint tea taste "weird" when cold ? I drank it at room temperature (it cooled down on it's own) and it tasted kind off tasteless . ugh !! 

(in addition to water) 

It does, doesn't it? That's why I try to drink my tea when it's hot.

I've been drinking tea almost every day for a few years now. I'm still strange, but I don't think the tea has anything to do with it. :P

arekathevampyre

@Gareki

OMG I am soooo jealous !! Chocolate tea don't even exist in my country !! :(

hahaha yes me too (that was the only time it became room temperature) 

Awesome !! :)

Tea is wonderful. I don't drink coffee so it's my go-to hot drink. I really need to cut back on my tea intake though, I've been having two to three cups a day and it gets worse if I've had little to no sleep. Can't say I have much motivation to kick that habit though :D

My favorites are chamomile, jasmine, lemon, and mint teas. Iced peppermint and licorice tea in the summer is also super good.   

Okay, some very important tea-related questions:

1. How do you brew your tea? Meaning, do you have it by the cup, do use a kettle, etc.

2. Do you have a favorite brand of tea or one that you buy the most often?

3. What do you put in your tea, if anything?

Now go, go~.

14 minutes ago, Gareki said:

1. How do you brew your tea? Meaning, do you have it by the cup, do use a kettle, etc.

I brew one cup at a time, by boiling water in a kettle and pouring it over a teabag. I like loose tea and I would love to have a nice teapot, but I find that inconvenient, and rarely do I have the time to bother with it. If I'm putting milk in it, I like to warm it first in a little pot on the stove.

I love Harney and Sons. And I really like Zhena's Gypsy Tea chai. Haven't tried anything else from them. Tazo is probably the best quality stuff on the shelf at the supermarket that I've been able to find, at least where I live. They have a lot of different blends, too, which I've been pleased with. Numi is good too, especially for green tea. If I see something that looks good and I've never tried it, I will buy it. Rarely do I buy the same tea over and over again. I like to change it up, especially with the seasons. That being said, I almost always have chai in the cupboard during autumn and winter, 

Certain black teas I like with milk. Also with rooibos and honeybush. And I always put it in chai. I sometimes put honey in certain tisanes. In general I like tea plain, though. I never put sugar in any type of tea.

@Palovana Yay~! :D As for me...

1. I usually brew it by the cup, but I have a wonderful two-cup teapot that I like to use as well.

2. My dad used to buy me Celestial Seasonings almost exclusively. Because of that, I like to buy all sorts of brands of tea. So far my favorites are Twinings and Harney & Sons.

3. I almost never put anything in my tea. I used to put two teaspoons of sugar into it, but after realizing how unhealthy that was, I stopped. Now I drink it plain, but I do add a little milk to my chai tea.

Ah, Celestial Seasonings. I used to buy that a lot, when I first began drinking tea seriously. Also Twinings and Stash. Now that I'm a working adult I can afford to splurge on more expensive teas, including blowing $50 on an online order. I'm not ashamed. I won't turn my nose up to Stash or Twinings if that's the only thing available. Not my first choice, though.

I'm lucky in that there's a fancy grocery store here that sells a bunch of imported stuff and brands that aren't normally found in most stores. Everything in there is expensive, but I've certainly treated myself to some of the tea they carry. One of the most interesting teas I ever tried was lavender Earl Grey. It was soooo good. They stopped carrying it, and I wish I could find it again.

I'm British, so tea is more of a staple to us than bread, potatoes and cornflakes. Combined.

Anyway, relevant:

^ You do this, you are dead to me. :P

On 28/01/2018 at 12:07 PM, arekathevampyre said:

(in addition to water) 

lol, if it isn't then pretty much the entire British population is fucked.

We don't just drink it everyday. We drink up to a dozen a day. The amount you drink goes up the more people there are in the room. Bigger social setting? Expect to drink a cuppa every 30 minutes until the group disbands. 

Going to the kitchen? Tea please. Getting up from the sofa? Tea please. Stretching out arms and yawning? Tea please.

EDIT:

Anyway, as for what I drink. My background was extremely common and poor so a bog standard tea bag, milk and sugar is what ya drank (and hot water, of course). The only change now from that time is I don't have sugar.

scarletlatitude

@Kisa the Kit Kat I found your thread. :P 

6 hours ago, Gareki said:

Cup usually, but if I am home all day I do have a tea pot and I'll make a whole bunch at once. I have a kettle, and I've also used a Keurig to warm up the water. (No k-cups, just water.) 

All the tea. :D I like green tea and black tea the best (or both together). 

Sometimes sugar, but usually nothing. Black tea + green tea + a bit of sugar = mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :) 

I pretty much always brew it by the cup with teabags. 

I buy Celestial Seasonings and Twinings mostly. I looked at some of the Harney & Sons teas at a bookstore I was at the other day, but they didn't have any flavors that appealed to me other than Earl Grey, which I already have (I wanted to try the Paris tea someone mentioned here, but they didn't have that).

I usually put either honey or brown sugar in my tea - don't like it without something. Rarely do I put milk in it.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
8 hours ago, Gareki said:

Now go, go~.

I brew my tea by the cup!

I don't have a fav brand of tea!

I usually don't put anything in it!! If I do, it's milk and/ or sugar which is a special treat for me!

@daveb I will literally ship you a box of Paris tea next time I order from Harney & Sons if you would like. Might be a couple of months before I do though, because I just got 7 new boxes of tea from them last week. :ph34r:

-----------------

I love herbal teas, teas with fruits and teas with spices.

I recently tried making my own mint tea. I have a lot of mint growing in my garden, so I harvested some and dried it. Then you crush the leaves into smaller pieces and store them in a dry place. All you have to do then is infuse them into boiling water. Not too complicated. It tastes really good and it's a fun project to do.

13 hours ago, Gareki said:

Now go, go~.

1. Always in a big cup

2. I try lots of different brands

3. Nothing usually. But a few drops of lemon goes good with a mint tea.

20 hours ago, Palovana said:

@daveb I will literally ship you a box of Paris tea next time I order from Harney & Sons if you would like. Might be a couple of months before I do though, because I just got 7 new boxes of tea from them last week. :ph34r:

Aw, thanks for the offer! It's not necessary though. I might just go and order some myself online. :D (I did buy some Darjeeling and an assorted pack, both Twinings, at the grocery store)

Archived