A thread about drinking tea

Palovana

and I'm drinking tea as I type too, but my usual English breakfast tea - which I have all hours of the day, not just at breakfast.Semi skimmed milk and two teaspoons of sugar.

SweetieBot
On July 2, 2018 at 11:00 PM, iam135 said:

I ended up with their last tin of Golden Monkey, which made me pretty happy 😁.

What were the ones you picked up?

I ended up picking up:

- Venetian Tiramisu

- Tropical Green

- SoHo Blend

- Victorian London Fog

- Murder on the Orient Express

There was also one more, but I can't remember what it was now and I'm not at home so I can't check.

@SweetieBot What is the Venetian Tiramisu like? I've been thinking about trying it but I'm not a huge fan of white tea so I don't know if it's worth spending the money on an entire tin. 

My first ever cup of verveine. I love that I can just put the big leaves directly into the water and look at them while they steep. So pretty. Now if only I could be transported to Lothlorien...

2qbu0b6.jpg

(Sorry for double post - I was too excited!)

Sadly, I have been unable to find any Black Forest Stash tea where I live. I really want to try it, too... :( 

Off to the internet I go again! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:08 PM, Palovana said:

@SweetieBot What is the Venetian Tiramisu like? I've been thinking about trying it but I'm not a huge fan of white tea so I don't know if it's worth spending the money on an entire tin. 

I actually don't like it as much as I wanted to. Although it's quite good as a latte with a splash of vanilla.

I am unfortunately allergic to caffeine which has limited the teas I can drink. However I love peppermint tea. And I used to be enamored by Vietnamese tea, which is orange but highly caffeinated.

• 4 weeks later...

I was almost out of tea (the horror) and can't afford to order any fancy higher quality teas at the moment, so today at the grocery store I got two herbal teas by a brand called Pukka(?) I've never tried it, so I'm hoping for at least halfway decent quality. One is chamomile, vanilla, and honey, and the other is something called three mint, which is - you guessed it - three kinds of mint. I really miss having black tea at home though. I finished my tin of Harney's Black Currant a couple of weeks ago. :( 

I recently ordered (and received) a pack of 3 tins of Harney & Son's Paris tea. :) (still haven't used up the previous tin I bought - partially because I didn't want to run out and mostly because it got hot here and I prefer iced tea when the weather is hot)

I've sort of had this weird daydream of just carrying around a tea-for-one set in my purse, and randomly whip out my tea cup out of my purse- all Mad-Hatter's tea party style.

4 hours ago, Palovana said:

I was almost out of tea (the horror) and can't afford to order any fancy higher quality teas at the moment, so today at the grocery store I got two herbal teas by a brand called Pukka(?) I've never tried it, so I'm hoping for at least halfway decent quality. One is chamomile, vanilla, and honey, and the other is something called three mint, which is - you guessed it - three kinds of mint. I really miss having black tea at home though. I finished my tin of Harney's Black Currant a couple of weeks ago. :( 

I really want this set from that company, it's in a color called milk purple, and I find it beautiful, for narcissistic reasons- it's one of the best colors against my skin tone XD

I've been drinking matcha mint green tea about 5 cups a day. Don't know what I'll do when I run out!!

LadyWallflower

I've heard peppermint tea is really good if you suffer from bloating. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced that?

On 8/24/2018 at 11:02 PM, Palovana said:

Ah, I've been wanting to try out this Three Mint and other Pukka teas for a long time, but they're so damn expensive. Then again, I'd much rather invest in a delish, high-quality tea than in a cup of some horribly sugary Starbucks drink. So how do you like the herbal teas you bought, @Palovana?

I'm more of a coffee drinker than a tea drinker, but I must say that I'm happy that the weather is slowly getting better, i.e. chillier :D For some reason I can drink any amount of hot coffee, even in the worst summer, but I only drink tea when it's cool or cold outside.

Last year I made the mistake of telling my family that I really like tea, and because I'm super hard to buy x-mas presents for, lets just say that I'm still working my way through the pile.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
28 minutes ago, Angelfish JrGG said:

Last year I made the mistake of telling my family that I really like tea, and because I'm super hard to buy x-mas presents for, lets just say that I'm still working my way through the pile.

Sounds pretty good to me tbh :D It would be so awesome to just get burried underneath a pile of deliciously (black) tea brands :D The more, the better *opens her cupboard with an invintingly gesture smiling all over*

Archived