New AVENues issue: Aces in the Media

Snao Cone

Hello AVEN!

The AVENues Team is happy to present to you the first issue of 2018 with a theme of Aces in the Media!

Below is a sneak peak at the cover and the letter from the editor, followed by links to where you can get the full issue.

avenues_magazine_spring_2018.jpg

Welcome to 2018!

AVENues is starting out 2018 with an issue all about aces in the media. We have highlights on Bojack Horseman and Jughead in our "dud you know" section, as well as an articile about the kpop member who recently came out as asexual.

We also have an update on asexuality in scientific research. Our interview is on an AVEN member who recently published a memoir including a chapter about being aro/ace. The AceFilmReview of this issue is on Blade Runner 2049.

Of course, we have our fabulous open mic section with lots of great art and writing, and our questions of the month. This issue is full of ace representation!

We hope you enjoy it!

@scarletlatitude (Editor-in-Chief)

To download :vis:

Medium visual quality (1.3 MB)
High visual quality (81.6 MB)

To view / share :cake:

https://issuu.com/avenues1/docs/avenues-magazine-spring-2018

Editor-in-Chief

@scarletlatitude

Creative Director / Layout Editor

@ThinkNotVanilla

Co-Editors

@AshenPhoenix

@Aqua-ace

@Blue Ice-Tea

@SkyWorld

@Snao Cone

Creative Artists

@ThinkNotVanilla

@kelico

Contributors

@anzu2snow

@Blue Ice-Tea

@kelico

@OptimisticPessimist

@scarletlatitude

@Snao Cone

and you!...

Missed a previous issue? You can find the Summer 2017 issue (Pride) HERE and the Winter 2017 issue (Holiday Special) HERE. The full archive of all past issues of AVENues can be found in World Watch.

If you have any feedback, suggestions or content submissions, please (as always) reach out to the Team at newsletter@asexuality.org or avenues.submissions@gmail.com, or comment on this thread.

ENJOY! :D

• Like 31

*claps and cheers* Yay!!!! Great job, everyone!!! I know this one took a lot of time, but it was worth it. : ))

@Kimmie. I see your drawing! :D 

• Like 7

Oh my god, it looks fantastic! Beautiful job, everyone! :D

• Like 5

That looks great :)

• Like 4
ThinkNotVanilla

Much love to all contributors. I always love working with creative visual and writing submissions, so thank you for making this Issue a pleasure to develop.

Until the next Issue (which is going to be a heavy one, so please pile it on thick with the subs!)... <_< x

• Like 2
scarletlatitude

Thanks for posting snao. :) 

The next issue is on mental health, so please send us all the stories! 

@FaerieFate please remember to add this one to the AVENues archive in World Watch! 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
Finding soulmate

Hello guys appreciate the effort..but Don't you guys agree that we should work on the Asexuality making it legal. So that we can even operate aven matrimonial sites too.  

I am really confused about how the ace people here are looking forward to get in touch with some potential partners for life.?

1 hour ago, Finding soulmate said:

Don't you guys agree that we should work on the Asexuality making it legal

Are there places where it's illegal? Genuinely curious.

• Like 1
Finding soulmate

Kindly tell me where it is legal.. in my. Country hardly ppl are aware of this apart from few youngsters. 

Hello everyone,

If you would like to talk about if asexual is legal please feel free to start a different thread about this.  For now, let's limit this thread to discussion about Avenues

Thank you.

Kisa the Kit Kat, Moderator

• 3 weeks later...

Cool magazine! If I could suggest a correction: Riverdale is on the CW, not Netflix.

scarletlatitude
18 hours ago, DebtheDemi said:

Cool magazine! If I could suggest a correction: Riverdale is on the CW, not Netflix.

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

i love this! im doing my English persuasive essay on how asexuals need more representation in the media, so this is great <3

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest -NULL-

What a wonderful magazine! I really appreciate the links that were provided to reach the websites for the literature publications. I am reading one of the articles now so that I can become even more educated about my orientation. Thank you so much for all of the work that was devoted to creating this magazine!:D

19 minutes ago, Ace Ninja said:

What a wonderful magazine! I really appreciate the links that were provided to reach the websites for the literature publications. I am reading one of the articles now so that I can become even more educated about my orientation. Thank you so much for all of the work that was devoted to creating this magazine!:D

Thank you for expressing your appreciation! :) A new issue will be coming out next month, so keep your eyes open for it. (Also: If you ever want to submit your own work to AVENues don't be afraid to do so - we are always very happy to receive submissions from all types of people in our community!)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

This is seriously amazing. Everyone did a wonderful job! I am learning more about asexuality here, I loved this issue. Looking forward to more issues in future! 

• Like 2
Aroace_bookworm

This is the first issue I've read (I just figured out my sexuality this past January) and it's amazing!

• Like 1
scarletlatitude

Thank you everyone! :) We really appreciate your feedback! ❤️ 

The next issue should be out soon! We had a bit of a technology glitch that's slowing us down. Keep an eye out! ;)