Proposal for General Review: AVEN Project Team

AVENguy

I hope people think carefully about putting themselves foward.

I'd actually consider putting myself up for as a potential member of that group, but with my oddball sleep schedule and location (an hour's drive from civilization, and I'm generally awake at night more than anything else) I'm not much of a good choice - however, I do fully support this, and I'm willing to do anything in my power (from working to arrange places to stay for any AVENites who need to visit the Vegas area, to trying to arrange to be in places where an additional person might be useful, to just providing a contact point in southern Nevada) to help this thing prosper.

The world is a dim and ignorant place; while this is only a solution to a small part of that problem, it's important to fight to bring light and knowledge to anyone who can accept it.

the Project Team is designed to define its own functions to some extent. But I could be wrong.

This is definitely the idea. I've got tons of ideas about things we can do, but I don't want to start unilaterally setting the agenda (more on those ideas once the election starts.)

Whoa. Today is the last day to enter, isn't it? How many people have sent in application thingies? Still 12? Because then it's seriously like musical chairs.

Hallucigenia

Yeah, 12 is seriously going to suck for the 12th person. (Unless DJ wasn't counting himself, and we actually have 13...)

Well, if you don't wanna have that "odd-guy-out" feel to it, you can either increase or decrease the number of members on the Team... maybe to 13 or 9...?

Hallucigenia

Or we could randomly canvass more people to sign up.

You! Yes, you over there with the purple umbrella and the duck! Stop playing your accordion and come sign up for the AVEN Project Team! Yes, you can shave first! No, you can't run away to Sweden! COME BACK HERE!

*chases the purple umbrella man off into the sunset* :lol:

This is really a new thing anyway, it's an experiment who knows how it will turn out...

I was going to send in an application, but I'm terrible with words so I couldn't write one :oops: ah well.

Hallucigenia

Do you have skills that would be useful on the AVEN Project Team besides the aforementioned writing skills? Yes? Then apply! We don't care if the application has some spelling mistakes in it. We know you. We need the best people we can get for this, and that involves giving us a wide variety to choose from. And who loves AVEN better than the Jesh?

:D

it's not spelling mistakes, though. I'm not eloquent enough to put my ideas into words. *shrug* and I already do support AVEN by being an admod.

[edit] maybe I'll write something up, I dunno.

Give it a go jesh.

This work? wav.gif :P

I sent one in. It was highly lacking in eloquence, but hopefully I got my point across.

And right at the 11th hour too. :shock:

Well, DJ's 11th hour, not mine. My 11th hour was several hours ago. But I'm still up, so I'm making rambling posts like this one, because I'm tired, and I no longer remember where JFF ends and the rest of AVEN begins.

Elections are going to be held every six months.

Since we now have a forum devoted to the subject, I'm locking this and the related thread.

Archived