Ace pride 2018?

fandomAlgamation

fandomAlgamation

1. Should a new category be created for WorldPride 2018, or should this category be renamed?

2. When is Ace pride day/week/month 2018?

@TheDoctorPlaysVideoGames, the next Worldpride is in 2019. There will be a forum started when we begin planning.

Ace Pride week is usually in October time 

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on where you are, but National Students Pride gonna take place from 9-11of February in London.

P.S. it's LGBT but this year '+' will be focused more than before, I heard.

• 3 weeks later...
Tasha the demi squirrel

I've been wondering about when ace pride week is as well

imnotafreakofnature!

Here's a link to another thread for AceConAmerica 2018, for anyone who's interested.

• 1 month later...

hell yeah totally somebody should start a new category  for world pride asexuals/aromantics

This forum should however be moved to a subforum of Vis...

I've kind of retired from WorldPride planning - I'm hoping someone else will organise our presence at NYC in 2019 as I don't intend to go. I'm concentrating more on the UK for the foreseeable, and so if you're present in the UK stay tuned... we are planning at a conference this year on 8 July!

I understand why peeps might avoid the USA at this time. But I am here and intend to attend. I hope to help organize out presence at NYC.

Tasha the demi squirrel
19 hours ago, michaeld said:

I'm concentrating more on the UK for the foreseeable, and so if you're present in the UK stay tuned... we are planning at a conference this year on 8 July!

Where is the conference going to be?

@Tasha27, we're working on the agenda and location. If we can find a venue it will be in London somewhere. 

Tasha the demi squirrel
8 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

we're working on the agenda and location. If we can find a venue it will be in London somewhere. 

Should have guessed it would be London everything is lol......I hope to be there

It's Pride on Sat 7 July so people can come to London to make a weekend of it. :)

We are hoping though to branch out to other locations in future years, especially if we can find someone to organise it. But first things first...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 10:17 PM, michaeld said:

It's Pride on Sat 7 July so people can come to London to make a weekend of it. :)

We are hoping though to branch out to other locations in future years, especially if we can find someone to organise it. But first things first...

Is this the date for LGBT+ Pride? I heard this year they're adding more focus to + but do many Aros and Aces join in with the London pride?

@Mae__, last year we had 45 attend, we have 56 places available this year. If you want to participate go to the UK meet-up forum and say you will be coming (sorry on mobile can't link) 

Here is the thread for Pride London, 7 July 2018:

There seem to be two threads for the conference of 8 July 2018!

@michaeld, thanks for posting the links :cake::cake:. We're using the "announcements" post as the official one for Sunday 

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2018 at 5:44 PM, Kelly said:

I understand why peeps might avoid the USA at this time. But I am here and intend to attend. I hope to help organize out presence at NYC.

I'm wanting to get more involved with ace stuff, so I could maybe help, but I have to admit to not knowing what I'm doing. haha.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 10:08 PM, fandomAlgamation said:

2. When is Ace pride day/week/month 2018?

nobody actually answered this. does anybody know? 

Historically It was

October 20th - 26th 2013

October 19th - 25th 2015

October 23-29 2016

October 22nd-28th 2017

so can I assume that it will be October 21st - 27th in 2018?

That's Asexual Awareness Week, and yes we are going for 21-27 October 2018. If you are interested in Pride marches, it depends on the city.

On 6/30/2018 at 9:37 AM, michaeld said:

That's Asexual Awareness Week, and yes we are going for 21-27 October 2018. If you are interested in Pride marches, it depends on the city.

There's an Asexual Awareness Week? Cool! :D 

I doubt that there would be any Pride marches where I live, the city is so small... 😢 

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2018 at 6:31 PM, Skycaptain said:

@TheDoctorPlaysVideoGames, the next Worldpride is in 2019. There will be a forum started when we begin planning.

Ace Pride week is usually in October time 

Are you going world pride @Skycaptain

@gmbusman, hopefully. 

42 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

@gmbusman, hopefully. 

Think America a steep to far for me are u marching there

• 1 month later...

I was thinking that this forum had skipped a year, until I realized that World Pride is only hosted once every two or three years. Still it might be time to consign this forum to the archives.

Archived