I think I enjoy being weird

Mafer_Potter

Hi. I'm 26 years old. Last year I had sex for the first time and this year I've had two relationships, or something similar. I've been doubting about my sexuality for some time now (three or four years, I think), but after experiencing dating and sexual intercourse, I'm quite sure I didn't enjoy it. I like being around other people, friends, family, people I love. But I like my solitude. I'm not sure I'll find a partner who is willing to deal with my weirdness and receive close to none sexual relationship in return.

And I think I enjoy this. I enjoy feeling different.

Is it bad?

Hey, you do you! 

I've found that expressing weird quirks about myself in a heartbeat can quickly filter out people who don't appreciate your personality. Hopefully you can find someone the same level of weird!!

J. van Deijck

weird is beautiful. enjoy being yourself :3

31 minutes ago, StormySky said:

Hey, you do you! 

I've found that expressing weird quirks about myself in a heartbeat can quickly filter out people who don't appreciate your personality. Hopefully you can find someone the same level of weird!!

That's so true. Acting as yourself can get rid of so many idiots.

Thank you so much for replying. I'm feeling better now. StormySky, thank you for the advice: I'll certainly use it. 

Just be you! Embrace your weirdness and own it! 

I'm definitely weird, not sure if it something to enjoy but it's me and definitely better than pretending to be something I'm not.

Although I do filter out some of my crazy/weirdness from most people

Student of Sexuality

If you try to pretend to be anything other than what you are you will find your relationships predicated on those untruths.  You can't hide your quirks forever...so, as everyone else said, you be you!  

If you find someone you want to partner with, be very clear about the sexual expectations of the relationship up front.  Communicate clearly and in no uncertain terms.  That will help you avoid heartache later.

Good luck!

I've always enjoyed being weird since I was a teen but that's mainly cause I was Jeff Hardy fan.  😂

Asexuality wise I enjoy it because no sexual petson or media can control me or convince me I'm wrong or that I should be like them.

I feel I'm more at ease with myself, more focused in my goals and basically happier since I stopped caring about what others might think of me. I was sort of dating a guy because he paid attention to me and I felt I kind of owned him for that. But I think I have the right to not go out with him or anyone if I don't feel like it.

Also, I think I should explain people why I'm acting different (more aloof than usual) but I don't want to. Just being me, offering no explanation, makes me feel free and happy.

Is it selfish? Hopefully not, or, if it is, hopefully it's a type of selfishness acceptable and understadible.

Thank you all for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate your input :)

Lucas Monteiro

I seriously love people who are different from the normal pattern, they are usually the most interesting people. So like others said before me, enjoy being yourself and don't care for the opinion of others, be you and be happy, because you are awesome the way you are. This reminded me of a quote : "Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind."

RoseGoesToYale

Being normal is overrated. It's like Bob Ross said: "I guess I’m a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. That’s okay though; I have more fun than most people."

On 1/21/2018 at 1:05 PM, Tintinfan said:

That's so true. Acting as yourself can get rid of so many idiots.

Lol... I can filter out so many shallow people by making pointless sound effects like the childlike weirdo I am inside! 

3 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Being normal is overrated. It's like Bob Ross said: "I guess I’m a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. That’s okay though; I have more fun than most people."

I talk to plants an animals, too! I think they can feel the intention and return it somehow :)

3 hours ago, Lucas Monteiro said:

I seriously love people who are different from the normal pattern, they are usually the most interesting people. So like others said before me, enjoy being yourself and don't care for the opinion of others, be you and be happy, because you are awesome the way you are. This reminded me of a quote : "Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind."

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment and the sentiment behind it. It is all about loving oneself, right? The rest comes on its own.

everywhere and nowhere

Me too. I always enjoyed being different, being in a minority, and never felt that I should be "normal" or, God forbid, yearn to be "normal".

I guess I'm just different in so many respects that I had to embrace it or perish.

Archived