Romantic feelings for celebrities?

itsmeelysemarie

itsmeelysemarie

So I was inspired by this thread to create a similar one in hopes of shedding some light on things. Okay...so...

...this is probably going to sound silly but is there a sort of sister orientation for people like me who are romantically/sexually attracted to celebrities as well as fictional characters? We have fictosexual and fictoromantic so why can't there also be celebsexual and celebromantic? 

And if this is the wrong subforum, please feel free to merge or lock this.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

That's an interesting proposition! Maybe you'll find it in the ace lexicon somewhere on the site. Have a google around, bet there's a name and thread for it somewhere. Alan Cumming,eh? He's a character, I liked him in the X men, my last avatar was the Night Crawler...

itsmeelysemarie
28 minutes ago, chandrakirti said:

That's an interesting proposition! Maybe you'll find it in the ace lexicon somewhere on the site. Have a google around, bet there's a name and thread for it somewhere. Alan Cumming,eh? He's a character, I liked him in the X men, my last avatar was the Night Crawler...

I've been googling it extensively but I'm not finding much other than fictosexual and fictoromantic - which sort of fits and could be used as an umbrella term, I guess. 

...and yes, Alan Cumming. He makes me feel things.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

:D:cake: Good for you! Think I'll have a look round as well. I'm sure you're not the only person to prefer celebrities, so there must be a definition and name for it out there, heck there is a name for people who fall sexually and romantically for buildings! It's called objectophilia.

itsmeelysemarie

Please do, and let me know if you find anything.

Not silly at all, this is actually something I've thought about! I'm someone who's never been sexually or romantically attracted to a movie or book character but I've been attracted to celebrities countless times. I always wondered why this was, that I could find the actual person so amazing but the characters they play do nothing for me, what it seems on AVEN it's usually the other way around. Even if the character they play is way more interesting then they are! 

itsmeelysemarie

I know the feeling, @Lovelykat.

Unfortunately, as I said a few posts ago, the closest terms I can find are fictosexual and fictoromantic but those usually refer to an attraction to fictional characters. We really need a term for this. Celebsexual perhaps? And celebromantic for the romantic component?

• 2 weeks later...
itsmeelysemarie

Update: I've continued researching and finally found out there are terms for it. Celesexual and celeromantic.

Archived