Is this were I should be?

(Enigma)

I feel so alone. I used to be okay with being alone. People would think I should be coupled up with someone etc and I said and believed I was happy alone and would be happy to live alone. Now I have older friends and their time is mostly spend with their family. I feel more alone now. I think I actually don't want to live totally alone. But I don't want a boyfriend either. I want like a best mate to share my life with. Someone to cuddle up on the sofa with and nothing more. Have my own room and the only physical side to be me a cuddle. A spoon. I have that from a friend who lives 3 hours away. When we meet up, we do that. We are best mates and totally platonic. She is married and I appreciate any time I do get with her. Is it acceptable, as in reasonable to expect someone else to have that with me (I'm not talking about with my best mate, she is married I mean a person of my own where it is just us two, like a couple without the love love, just the platonic side).?

Edit- subquestion.... do people met people off here? 

Looking at that, I guess that is what you could call the relationship between my best mate and I. Queer to me means liking the same gender as myself? I have no gender preference for it. Is that still the same thing. As the rest of it does suit. Although I would like for someone to be closed in location to me. I guess in a way, I want to label myself so I can find out what to do and where to do from here! 

8 minutes ago, Enigma92 said:

Queer to me means liking the same gender as myself?

Queer just means not being heterosexual or cis gendered, also I get what you mean with wanted to be with someone but not "with" someone, it can be lonely more or less but you can still find that person who would be happy with you without doing any of the extra stuff.

1 minute ago, Dean. said:

Queer just means not being heterosexual or cis gendered, also I get what you mean with wanted to be with someone but not "with" someone, it can be lonely more or less but you can still find that person who would be happy with you without doing any of the extra stuff.

thank you! I liked reading that link you shared. I get it a lot. 

Archived