I literally don't know

Ortanique

I'm still not sure do I want to be a girl, am I genderqueer, or am I a girly cis boy.

I really don't know. Those toughs never leave me alone for longer then a few days and I'm f---ing sick of it. It's been almost 3 years already, and I'm not sure what or why am I.

I'm absolutely aware that the only person who can tell me who I am exactly, is me; myself. But the main problem is - I don't even know myself.

If there was a button that would turn me into a girl, I would press, but still... I would never inject myself with hormones, have surgeries, or otherwise permanently alter my body. My body is fine the way it is, and I like it. But still, there's something inside me, something that hates the whole fact about being a guy... something that's sad 'cause I'm a guy. (am I a guy??)

I currently say i'm genderqueer/demigirl, but I don't know ?

Maybe I am a guy after all?

I recently went through the whole, what/who am I thing, it was a little bit of a crazy spin, took me a while to realize I don't conform to the idea of being male (my gender assignment upon birth) and I finally landed on non-binary since that was almost exactly how I felt then I found mavrique and that fit even better, and it's fine to question, gender can be complicated and takes time to really figure out, unless of course you just automatically know what you are, then it's easier. 

butterflydreams
24 minutes ago, Ortanique said:

I would never inject myself with hormones, have surgeries, or otherwise permanently alter my body. My body is fine the way it is, and I like it.

From my personal perspective only, this part here suggests maybe you’re more of a feminine guy or genderqueer, or whatever along those lines. But that’s because my experience is based primarily on physical dysphoria. When I hear someone say that they like their body as it is, it sounds like maybe they’re more interested in expression. 

But then...

29 minutes ago, Ortanique said:

If there was a button that would turn me into a girl, I would press

This kind of throws me a bit. So I’m not sure what to tell you.

Just know there’s nothing wrong with being a feminine guy if that’s what you are. Some people will try to say it’s bad, but it’s not. 

@Dean.  @butterflydreams

Due to prior research, I realized I'm indeed a genderqueer demigirl (the ones I originally thought I was)

genderqueer, because its definition fits me : "denoting or relating to a person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions"

and demigirl because its definition also fits me : "A demigirl is a gender identity describing someone who partially, but not wholly, identifies as a woman, girl" (basically I kind of feel like a girl, but not enough to actually become one)

Anyways, thank you two for taking time out of your day to reply to me, I appreciate it. 

Archived