Men and beards...

Acing It

SorryNotSorry

One of my mother's friends was married to a man who more or less had to grow a beard so he wouldn't get sycosis barbae. That's a condition in which a man's chin gets all these ingrown whiskers if he shaves, making his chin look like it's covered with red pimples.

BTW, the guy looked like a modern-day King Henry VIII.

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I think a well maintained bear if you can grow one, can look great if its done well.

Think I'd pass on giving a bear a shave, even a well maintained one... sounds risky :D

I used to have a beard, but mine never looked that good so I was always thinking of getting rid of it.  Then I sanded part of it off doing a face plant on pavement during a bike ride, which settled the issue.

5 minutes ago, coyote55 said:

Think I'd pass on giving a bear a shave, even a well maintained one... sounds risky :D

Bring a bear to an interview, and I guarantee you you're getting hired. No questions asked. Especially if they're not maintained.

To be honest, if it wasn't for my sensitive skin I'd likely have a wild beard, though.

I am male and I really do not like having facial hair. I keep myself clean shaven at all times. I absolutely hate feeling a rough texture when I put my hand up to my chin. I often have to shave more than once a day in order to keep my face feeling as smooth as a baby's bottom. I even keep an electric razor in my desk at my workplace so that I can go in the washroom and give myself a touch up whenever I feel the need. 

I am fortunate that I don't experience the problem of ingrowing hairs. If I did, I would most likely opt for permanent removal, even if it was very expensive.

I don't know. My s.o wants a beard really bad and it breaks him down to not be able to grow one. I suppose, like, how most women have a low-key desire to have a Barbie body, men want to be a lumberjack.

I really dislike beards, as a guy im very lazy about shaving but id never let my facial hair grow more than few days. I cant understand why would anyone want those things in their face.

Started growing facial hair at 12, I shave everyday because if I don't it starts to get itchy and uncomfortable, plus I just don't like how I look with a beard, just messy all around but maybe it's just me, I prefer to look "clean". Shaving every morning can be annoying but with years you get used to it.

No beard here even if I should shave that crap at least twice a day because if freaking grows way too fast to my taste.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
17 hours ago, Acing It said:

What's that all about? I don't get it. Why would anyone want a dollop of hair stuck to their face?? :huh:

Some might consider it looking attractive, fanzy or sexy. *shrugs*

Sometimes it even does look good to me but only as fars as being on paper or screen :D Tidy and neat. Graphic attraction.

However, a few light gently traces might look good in real life too. It adds a gentle natural charming touch to your male appearance.

Put me in the "can't be bothered to shave" camp. I did for a while, but then it got to be too much effort. That said, I do trim it from time to time...usually when reminded. Or I can just about start to eat it :D

For me, I dislike the way I look unshaven. I also dislike the way I look without any shaving. So I settled by letting my beard grow on my chin but shaving the rest. Now I like the way I look and it gives me something to stroke.

On 19/01/2018 at 11:20 AM, RHD95 said:

Started growing facial hair at 12, I shave everyday because if I don't it starts to get itchy and uncomfortable, plus I just don't like how I look with a beard, just messy all around but maybe it's just me, I prefer to look "clean". Shaving every morning can be annoying but with years you get used to it.

I can see why it would get itchy, a beard. It's more like bristle than like hair I guess. I'm in two minds about stubble. I think it's like everything, if it's well groomed and maintained it looks better.

I dunno, the metro-sexual is pretty classic.

Acoording to my brother it makes their faves look round. I don't understand the appeal of it either it doesn't even look attractive.

My wife loves beards and I don't mind keeping one. It's not uncomfortable to me and what I have is kinda like the retro sexual above. Also, my facial hair grows so quickly it would be a major pain to keep it clean shaven, as it was when I was in the military. I had to shave twice a day to not risk one of my superiors getting upset at me and thinking I hadn't shaved that day... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

One of the hosts at our favorite Mexican restaurant told me he liked my beard style. It's not the first time I've had other dudes like my beard but it's always a little weird. I told him I only grew it because it's warm. I did trim and shape it but you do that once you get the length you want out if it.

• 11 months later...
SorryNotSorry

I grew a beard once. Nobody recognized me, so I shaved it off.

The old guy who trained me at my old clerical job was married to a woman who must have had a beard fetish. She told him she'd divorce him if he ever shaved his beard off.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Oddly enough over the Christmas break, I watched a few episodes of a documentary about men who cultivate amazing beards and moustaches. There was a world championship in which one man turned up with a moustache twisted into the shape of a bicycle!

I have an mustache just because but coming to think of it..

I think it makes me look even more shifty and too masculine so I'm going to electrolysis it off permanently.

Archived