[Help] Gf wants to break...

allidoispvm

I've been with my gf for 5 months now... recently in last 1-2 month i know she's asexual and it's been hard for both of us... but she still give in to me sometimes... i guess she couldn't take it anymore and wants to break now... what shd i do? :( (there's also other reasons such as me wanting to spend more time with her etc... and she's tired of it)

If she's telling you she needs a break, it's safe to take her at her word.

It may be something she's struggling with - hence the pics on her phone (though I'm not gonna ask how you know she still has your pics on her phone) - but you need to believe she's asking for what's best for her.

There's that really shitty old adage, "if you love it, let it go" that always makes me wanna throw something, but it's good advice. Give her her space, unequivocally and without conditions. When she decides the two of you are worth getting back together, she'll come back. And if she doesn't, then asking for space really was in her best interest.

10 minutes ago, allidoispvm said:

i don't think that's really what she wants... she still hasn't delete our photos on insta... 

Honestly, that is not a sign that someone wants to stay together.

You are only in the first 6 months of a partnership and it seems like you are already at such different places, wanting different things. I would suggest having a talk with her to see if she really wants to move forward with this relationship or not and if she doesn't then you need to let her go.

5 minutes ago, Chimeric said:

If she's telling you she needs a break, it's safe to take her at her word.

It may be something she's struggling with - hence the pics on her phone (though I'm not gonna ask how you know she still has your pics on her phone) - but you need to believe she's asking for what's best for her.

There's that really shitty old adage, "if you love it, let it go" that always makes me wanna throw something, but it's good advice. Give her her space, unequivocally and without conditions. When she decides the two of you are worth getting back together, she'll come back. And if she doesn't, then asking for space really was in her best interest.

i don't know if she still has my pics on her phone but she told me to delete them... what i meant for she still has our photos on insta and not deleted them...

1 minute ago, Evil said:

Honestly, that is not a sign that someone wants to stay together.

You are only in the first 6 months of a partnership and it seems like you are already at such different places, wanting different things. I would suggest having a talk with her to see if she really wants to move forward with this relationship or not and if she doesn't then you need to let her go.

we meet almost on a daily basis... hence i can understand why she feels like she doesn't have enough time for her other friends... i kinda regret it now... not giving her the freedom and space to do what she wants...

1 minute ago, Evil said:

10 minutes ago, allidoispvm said:

i don't know if she still has my pics on her phone but she told me to delete them... what i meant for she still has our photos on insta and not deleted them...

Oh, on Instragram. Sorry, I forget that's its own thing. :lol:

@allidoispvm Yeah, it's sort of frustrating how people leave up pictures but my ex-boyfriend kept a picture up on Facebook years after we broke up. This is probably difficult for her because she loves you, but if she is saying that she wants to break up then you should respect her decision. We have to accept that if someone is going to leave then eventually they will leave, no matter how much we want them to stay. Trying to keep the relationship going will only lead to more unhappiness, anyway.

6 minutes ago, allidoispvm said:

we meet almost on a daily basis... hence i can understand why she feels like she doesn't have enough time for her other friends... i kinda regret it now... not giving her the freedom and space to do what she wants...

Things can be pretty intense at the beginning of a relationship and many people do want to spend 24/7 with the person that captivates them, that is very normal. I don't know if she asked you for space before now or not so I won't make a judgement on that but keep in mind that no amount of regret can ever change the past. I know it is easier said than done but try not to be too hard on yourself.

Just be honest with her and let her be honest in return. Respect each other.

15 minutes ago, Evil said:

Things can be pretty intense at the beginning of a relationship and many people do want to spend 24/7 with the person that captivates them, that is very normal. I don't know if she asked you for space before now or not so I won't make a judgement on that but keep in mind that no amount of regret can ever change the past. I know it is easier said than done but try not to be too hard on yourself.

Just be honest with her and let her be honest in return. Respect each other.

She did mention before that she has sacrificed a lot of me... she didn’t exactly ask for space but she knew I wanted to be with her everyday so she made time for me... :(

4 minutes ago, allidoispvm said:

She did mention before that she has sacrificed a lot of me... she didn’t exactly ask for space but she knew I wanted to be with her everyday so she made time for me... :(

I'd love to be able to sit here and tell you it is going to work out fine but I can't. It really does sound like you want different things. Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to have this talk with her. Maybe you can find a compromise. 

Sounds like you two have some pretty major incompatibilities and she's wanting to separate over them. It sucks, but it happens. I'd let her have her space and if she wants to reconnect, she can contact you. If you respect her wishes, she'll probably remember you fondly. If you don't, it might turn into a frustrating break up.

As for the photos, a lot of people keep photos up on social media even after a break up. It doesn't mean much. 

22 minutes ago, Serran said:

Sounds like you two have some pretty major incompatibilities and she's wanting to separate over them. It sucks, but it happens. I'd let her have her space and if she wants to reconnect, she can contact you. If you respect her wishes, she'll probably remember you fondly. If you don't, it might turn into a frustrating break up.

As for the photos, a lot of people keep photos up on social media even after a break up. It doesn't mean much. 

I think it means something... because she removed all the photos of her ex...

Archived