showing affection in an asexual relationship?

quietlyellie

i'm not really sure how to start this so i'll just jump right into it. i'm in a relationship with another asexual girl, but it almost doesn't feel like a relationship rather than a good friendship. we haven't done much in the ways of showing affection to each other (hugs, holding hands, kissing), and i don't know how to bring this up to her without seeming rude or i guess clingy, as it's been just shy of a month since the beginning of our relationship.  she's talked about previous relationships she's had with guys, and how kissing them felt gross and made her uncomfortable, and did mention that she had never kissed a girl before. i just don't want to make her uncomfortable by bringing the topic up, or seeming like i'm pushing this on to her. to put it plainly, it really kind of sucks and i feel touch starved in this relationship, as my previous partners have hugged and kissed me.

does anybody have any advice, or even just some similar experiences that they would like to share? it would be awesome to know that some other people have gone through this and i'm not alone here lol (: 

Hello. I'm not asexual but I am in a relationship with an asexual person. 

You have to ask if you want to know. I know how hard that is. If you can't at least ask you're never going to feel good. I'm struggling with the same thing. I know sometimes asking is hard because you're afraid of the answer. But at least then you'll be talking and can express how you feel. They deserve to know and you can find a way to work it out. 

8) affection is so important to me I think like

” different strokes for different folks “. I think because of my asexual type when I do get into a relationship which is impossible hahaa... I require a lot of attention.

Archived