Telecaster68

List different kinds of sex (All the TMI, hopefully...)

Jade Cross
2 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Confirmation bias at work. Most conversation isn't about that.

I agree, the conversation may not be about it but thats what an ace is likely to hear. Yes it is a bias and yes it may be erroneous but its how its percieved.

Its the same as when if you were to constantly hear that aces are repulsed. Its not the case for every single ace out there; you may find aces that are neutral or would be willing to compromise. But if the only thing you hear a large portion of the time is "I think sex is disgusting", that will become the predominant thought regarding aces. Again, erroneous but not entirely groundless.

• Like 2

Telecaster68
7 minutes ago, Confused.Kitten said:

if there's love , you are making love

I agree, but given that I'm hoping this will be useful to asexuals, and I didn't want to set the whole 'is sex about love?' ball running.

• Like 1

Jade Cross

Sex is sex. We can call it making love, fucking, pleasuring a partner, getting our fill/fix, shagging, Netflix and chill, and really any other word people come up with, its the same action. It may have various methods, purposes or outcomes but its sex nonetheless.

• Like 1

Telecaster68
14 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Sex is sex. We can call it making love, fucking, pleasuring a partner, getting our fill/fix, shagging, Netflix and chill, and really any other word people come up with, its the same action. It may have various methods, purposes or outcomes but its sex nonetheless.

This was one of the things I wanted to address. By illustrating the ways that despite it boiling down, mostly, to insert tab A into slot B, it can be very different experiences, I want to help explain how its meaning and context makes more than just the physical action.

• Like 3

NoLongerActive1234
44 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

No, that people have sex with randoms on the spur of the moment.

Okay I see. It can be hard for me to get myself because that's not my cup of tea. Having sex in an airplane sounds horridly uncomfortable for one. It's always harder to understand something you don't experience yourself. I notice that with my personal experience of going from asexual to realizing I am demisexual. My perspective has changed, even though I relate mainly to other sexuals who see it similarly to me I am not as clueless anymore. That has to do a lot with this site though, here often sex is talked of more in depth than the general popular media view of it so it is a learning experience. 
I see it as a trust thing in a way about thinking there are people who have sex in the spur of the moment. It's just highly unlikely no one ever would even if I wouldn't or know anyone who has, just because of looking at the amount of human beings in the world. I trust that other people know what they are doing generally. If they enjoy it and get something from it then I don't need to know anything more really to just accept that. It takes a whole lot more to get to the point of thinking that someone else is being delluded or so, way way more. If someone actually was delluded or harming themseleves they would be restrained somehow...it takes a long while before that can happen. It really bugs me when people persist in saying something isn't right about liking sex or not liking sex. It's trivial differences in the overall picture of what it is that life is about and genuinely making people out as being crazy almost for either is what is crazy to me. Like you say there are several ways to have sex and it has different meaning to people. It is like how all asexuals aren't the same either...it really is impossible to make an overall statement about it. 

• Like 2

Kimmie.
13 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

This was one of the things I wanted to address. By illustrating the ways that despite it boiling down, mostly, to insert tab A into slot B, it can be very different experiences, I want to help explain how its meaning and context makes more than just the physical action.

I have to say that i am impressed by your patience here.

I mean explaining the same thing over and over again.

Confused.Kitten
36 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

ofc it is , but as @Telecaster68 said , the context and the person gives a different meaning to the act. A different feeling even. Sometimes It goes beyond the physical feel , it's about the connection you have and feel in that moment.

• Like 4

Ace Of Bass
39 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

I think eating foods is a good parallel for the different kinds of sex. people eat because they're hungry. they seek out certain foods because they miss or crave them. they may eat out of boredom or for comfort etc etc. in all of this the food is still food, it's just that the motivations change so each case is a completely different experience. same with sex.

• Like 10

Serran

The god I love you so much sex - Those rare but good moments when the person you're with has done something so absolutely wonderful that it causes a rush of emotions that you are just overwhelmed by. Can be saying something, a great conversation together, a dance, being particularly supportive about something. Often expressed through physical affection, because words just aren't enough. Intense, but gentle. Lots of cuddling and maybe talking after. 

• Like 4

Evren

- High school car sex (I'm sure this can also be done when one is not in high school, lol)

- Highly negotiated sex (such as a bdsm scene with someone you've met at a club, different from one night stand sex because it may happen multiple times) 

(Also with orgies,( I ask this because my ex boss told everyone at work about the five some he had) where do you get a big enough bed?) (Also that many extra limbs seems like it would be annoying?) it's ironic, because all my sexual coworkers are like that's so disgusting, and I don't have a problem with it, it was safe, sane, consensual and all, I just want to know where they found a big enough bed?

• Like 4

Snao Cone

Full disclosure, I haven't read all of the conversation that doesn't list types of sex.

Intentionally conceiving sex - planned sex for couples trying to have a baby.

Quickie sex - the couple has some brief spare time with nothing else to do.

Scheduled sex - the couple has planned to have sex on a regular basis and sort of forces the mood to meet that plan.

Experimental sex - the couple sets aside the time to try something new.

Celebratory sex - as a "favour" to celebrate the accomplishment of a partner.

• Like 4

Thea2
18 minutes ago, Evren said:

... my ex boss told everyone at work about the five some he had... I just want to know where they found a big enough bed?

:lol:  Methinks, in the imagination store where he got the five some too. 

• Like 2

A shard of glass

None: what I have

• Like 1

Redshirt Jim

🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥
TW:- discretion advised
Green Yellow Red Black
🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥

I got a question, is sex always involve touching (skin to skin contanct?), or can it somehow achieved without touching? Is there a boundary of sex and non-sex, or is it really depends on the people in question?

• Like 1

vega57
32 minutes ago, Redshirt Jim said:

🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥
Green Yellow Red Black
🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥

I got a question, is sex always involve touching (skin to skin contanct?), or can it somehow achieved without touching? Is there a boundary of sex and non-sex, or is it really depends on the people in question?

Phone sex?  Cyber sex?

Serran
47 minutes ago, Redshirt Jim said:

🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥
Green Yellow Red Black
🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥🌻🔥

Mmm. Depends on your definition of sex. Toy play is counted as sex in same sex couples, but a lot of hetero couples don't count it as such. But, that can be achieved without skin to skin contact. 

Telecaster68
48 minutes ago, Redshirt Jim said:

Aside from phone or cyber... I'd say not, unless you have some weird kind of not-quite-touching spiritual thing going on. But by and large, touching (and then some) is pretty much the point.

Where sensual touching slips into sexual is down to individual situations though. Fingertips on the neck can just be a nice massage, or it can be sexually electric, for example.

Telecaster68
1 minute ago, Serran said:

Mmm. Depends on your definition of sex. Toy play is counted as sex in same sex couples, but a lot of hetero couples don't count it as such. But, that can be achieved without skin to skin contact. 

You'd have to be amazingly careful and/or restrained to avoid touching using toys on each other. Normally that kind of stuff is only part of the encounter too, and for two sexuals to only use toys with no skin touching would be a kind of kink in itself.

ThaHoward
4 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Description needed...

Group sex (more than one person...) and Swinging is changing partners.

Telecaster68
Just now, God. said:

Group sex (more than one person...) and Swinging is changing partners.

What about how it affects the people involved, not just the nuts and bolts part. What are they getting out of it, emotionally?

• Like 1

Serran
16 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

You'd have to be amazingly careful and/or restrained to avoid touching using toys on each other. Normally that kind of stuff is only part of the encounter too, and for two sexuals to only use toys with no skin touching would be a kind of kink in itself.

Not that careful, depending on what you're using. For absolutely no risk of skin contact, you could always use the wearable remote control toys, for example. And it's not that much restraint if that's what you've agreed to do with your sexual partner. 

Is it kink? Maybe. But, it's possible to do, if that's what you're into. 

Telecaster68
Just now, Serran said:

Not that careful, depending on what you're using. For absolutely do risk of skin contact, you could always use the wearable remote control toys, for example. And it's not that much restraint if that's what you've agreed to do with your sexual partner. 

Is it kink? Maybe. But, it's possible to do, if that's what you're into. 

Wearing remote control stuff strikes me as being way more careful than usual.

For most sexuals, not touching skin during sex requires a lot of restraint.

Nothing wrong with it mind, if that's what you've agreed but I'm pretty sure most sexuals would view it as removing a hell of a lot from what they'd expect during sex.

MrDane
2 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Not more than “travel is travel” or “food is food” 

sometimes the nuances matter, at least to the feinschmecker.

• Like 2

Thea2
3 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Possible scenario for two sexuals having sex: for one person the meaning is imposing their will, controlling the other person; while the other person is thinking it’s about love and intense bonding.

• Like 1

Serran
7 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Wearing remote control stuff strikes me as being way more careful than usual.

For most sexuals, not touching skin during sex requires a lot of restraint.

Nothing wrong with it mind, if that's what you've agreed but I'm pretty sure most sexuals would view it as removing a hell of a lot from what they'd expect during sex.

I suppose more careful preparation, but you wouldn't have to pay attention during to not mess up with a remote control toy, so you wouldn't have to be careful during the act.

And, I assume you're not going to agree to such an event if you're not into it and it would be a lot of holding back / not finding it fun. But, the question wasn't would the majority be OK with no skin to skin contact, it was can it be achieved without it - which, it can, depending on if you count toy play as sex or not. And, some people would be into it. 

• Like 2

MrDane

Quickies: have sex with the purpose of reaching sexual climax fast. Can feel a bit like animals and not members of a reformed, respectable, intelligent culture. It feels wonderfully stripped for other concerns as ‘being clean enough’ or whether the bed is comfortable. Can also be a bit exciting as it is sometimes done in other places and quite driven by lust.

though there is an ace-quickie as well: “let us not spend to much time on this”

• Like 2

Telecaster68
4 minutes ago, Serran said:

the question wasn't would the majority be OK with no skin to skin contact, it was can it be achieved without it

Actually it was does sex have to always involve touching, and from a sexual point of view, I guess the answer is that it doesn't, but it would be pretty unexpected if that turned out to be the only way your partner wanted to do anything sexual, and if it was never touching, rather than just a part of other stuff, it would be deeply frustrating for almost every sexual.

Put it this way: I've never come across a sexual person for whom skin to skin touching wasn't a really important part of sex.

Serran
Just now, Telecaster68 said:

Actually it was does sex have to always involve touching, and from a sexual point of view, I guess the answer is that it doesn't, but it would be pretty unexpected if that turned out to be the only way your partner wanted to do anything sexual, and if it was never touching, rather than just a part of other stuff, it would be deeply frustrating for almost every sexual.

Put it this way: I've never come across a sexual person for whom skin to skin touching wasn't a really important part of sex.

Would it be easy to find a partner that shared that interest? Probably not. But, I know some people who find the no touching very arousing, as part of BDSM play. Certainly something to discuss ahead of time, but not something that would be impossible to find. 

• Like 1

ThaHoward
56 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

What about how it affects the people involved, not just the nuts and bolts part. What are they getting out of it, emotionally?

Ask them. Excitement? Something new? Can be many reasons. I can not judge why some do this and some do that, there is no definitive answer to that. But I said to things to your list, but it seems you will only come with prying responses to them, so I'll stay out of your list now.

Telecaster68
1 minute ago, God. said:

Ask them. Excitement? Something new? Can be many reasons. I can not judge why some do this and some do that, there is no definitive answer to that. But I said to things to your list, but it seems you will only come with prying responses to them, so I'll stay out of your list now.

The point of the list is to describe the different situations especially in terms of how sex can mean different things in different situations, rather than just list them. It's hard to describe them if you've never done them, and I haven't swung or been to an orgy.

• Like 2