Telecaster68

List different kinds of sex (All the TMI, hopefully...)

Jade Cross
1 minute ago, Snao Cone said:

But it can also be logical. There can be simultaneously emotional and logical reasons for wanting sex, because they're not polar opposites as you seemed to suggest.

Give me a logical reason then. 

Snao Cone
3 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Give me a logical reason then. 

I already gave some, namely to keep a relationship going, as marriage can be a very economically sound decision. It's also good for your health. It's cheaper than going out and buying drinks. It can be a mood enhancer, and a good mood improves productivity.

Emotional intimacy can make logical sense.

• Like 1

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
2 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Both you as well others claim that its emotional. I dont know ablut you but emotion is on the far opposite end of logic.

26 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

People have repeated it as being emotional. 

I gave you logical reasons for why it works that way though. Logical reasons for why the emotional aspect is often more important than the physical aspect. If it was literally just physical, then it would be a lot less effort to stay home and masturbate. Yet people are emotionally driven to desire to share that sexual intimacy with another person. That's what I meant by logical, there are logical reasons for why it works that way. Emotional intimacy is also scientifically proven to help couples have longer, happier relationships. Without emotional intimacy, relationships will often fall apart relatively quickly.

Here is a bit more about the emotional aspects of it so you can see it's not just us here saying this.

Sexual desire, like all other emotions, involves the component of cognition (you have some information about the desired person), evaluation (you evaluate him positively), motivation (you want to do something with him), and feeling (there are feelings of enjoyment, pleasure, stimulation).

In light of the above considerations, sexual desire should be considered as an emotion; let me now indicate in what sense this emotion differs from the emotion of romantic love.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-the-name-love/200811/is-sexual-desire-emotion

In the context of a committed relationship, it is not novelty that determines satisfaction, but emotional connection.

The deeper you are able to connect with your partner emotionally, the more dynamic your sexual experience will be. The greater your emotional connection is with your partner, the more in tune you will be with their physical and sexual needs as well.  Emotional connection requires the most sensitivity of any of our needs, so it is the most important connection to practice.

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/emotional-connection-how-to-get-sex-life-of-your-dreams-fiff/

When it comes to better sex, all five senses and your brain can play a big role -- but there is something even more important -- your heart, according to a recent survey from Durex and YourTango. The survey of more than 1,000 people from May 20 to June 17, 2013 shatters common misconceptions that sex is all physical and that no-strings-attached sex is more gratifying.

A whopping 96 percent of survey respondents said the best sex is had with someone with whom they are emotionally connected. Similarly, 92 percent of readers say it's a turn-on when their partner shows some vulnerability, an important part of emotional closeness.

https://www.self.com/story/sexlove-emotional-connection-matters-during-sex

Anyway regardless of that, I think the issue is more that you question the validity of the claims sexual people make about their emotional motivations for seeking sexual unity in the first place. If by your own admission you just can't understand it no matter how clearly it's explained, maybe it's best just to say something along the lines of 'Sexuals say the emotions are very important for them which I can't understand but meh, who am I to argue if it's something I'll never understand?' instead of trying to make contradictory claims about it all being physical in the first place?

• Like 1

Jade Cross

Not getting it. Just seems to be wanting to mix and match emotions into this. However I think it better to employ the ideal previously stated. Namely I dont cross my line and nobody crosses theirs. To each their own.

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
47 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

. Just seems to be wanting to mix and match emotions into this.

..it's not something people 'want', it's just what happens for many people when they have sex.

Have you ever been afraid? you're experiencing an external circumstance (something causing you to be scared) which is causing you to feel something inside, and there are physical reactions to that feeling which happen to your body (you might shake, heart rate goes up, feel sick, whatever). It's like saying being afraid doesn't involve emotions, or being angry doesn't involve emotions. Being angry is just the physical state of wanting to punch someone, right? You're dead inside, no emotions, but you want the physical act of punching someone and that means you're angry. Oh wait, no, anger is a lot more than just the physical act of wanting to hit someone and this can be scientifically measured through the chemical reactions happening inside the brain when someone is experiencing anger. Same with sex.

I'm not even trying to convince you of anything as you'll clearly never be able to get it (even though it's pretty darned basic), but as I already pointed out you just keep making these statements as you just did which are implying it's everyone else here who doesn't know what they're talking about. And you, you somehow know better.. one person out of aaaaall the people who categorically know that they themselves, as well as others, enjoy the emotional aspects of sexual intimacy just as much if not more than the physical aspects.

As usual, it's the whole world that's wrong and Jade Cross is the only one who really knows. I've seen you do this many times in my years here and it just emphasizes the fact that you're clearly utterly incapable of understanding even the most basic aspects of how sexual people actually think, feel, and function when it comes to sex. 

Jade Cross
2 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

..it's not something people 'want', it's just what happens for many people when they have sex.

Have you ever been afraid? you're experiencing an external circumstance (something causing you to be scared) which is causing you to feel something inside, and there are physical reactions to that feeling which happen to your body (you might shake, heart rate goes up, feel sick, whatever). It's like saying being afraid doesn't involve emotions, or being angry doesn't involve emotions. Being angry is just the physical state of wanting to punch someone, right? You're dead inside, no emotions, but you want the physical act of punching someone and that means you're angry. Oh wait, no, anger is a lot more than just the physical act of wanting to hit someone and this can be scientifically measured through the chemical reactions happening inside the brain when someone is experiencing anger. Same with sex.

I'm not even trying to convince you of anything as you'll clearly never be able to get it (even though it's pretty darned basic), but as I already pointed out you just keep making these statements as you just did which are implying it's everyone else here who doesn't know what they're talking about. And you, you somehow know better.. one person out of aaaaall the people who categorically know that they themselves, as well as others, enjoy the emotional aspects of sexual intimacy just as much if not more than the physical aspects.

As usual, it's the whole world that's wrong and Jade Cross is the only one who really knows. I've seen you do this many times in my years here and it just emphasizes the fact that you're clearly utterly incapable of understanding even the most basic aspects of how sexual people actually think, feel, and function when it comes to sex. 

I did say already to each their own. 

Jade Cross
6 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

It's not really a point of view for most sexuals, more a fact of life.

Since this got out of its intented course, why not remake the thread (give it another name like "Revised list of different kinds of sex"  or something). Dont worry, I'll be sure to steer clear from that one and make sure I dont come across anyone here.

Jade Cross
On 1/15/2018 at 8:42 AM, Telecaster68 said:

Hence this thread. Every little helps.

Started the other thread to help.  

MrDane
6 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Both you as well others claim that its emotional. I dont know ablut you but emotion is on the far opposite end of logic.

...but isnt it logic, that you want something that brings you joy, happiness, shared love and a great feeling of twosomeness? Sex even helps with keeping depression and grumpyness away. And most sexuals would agree that good sex with the partner of their love brings a new or higher level of happyness to their life. 

This is basic logic. We move towards things we like. We move away from things we dont like. 

• Like 3

Jade Cross
3 hours ago, MrDane said:

...but isnt it logic, that you want something that brings you joy, happiness, shared love and a great feeling of twosomeness? Sex even helps with keeping depression and grumpyness away. And most sexuals would agree that good sex with the partner of their love brings a new or higher level of happyness to their life. 

This is basic logic. We move towards things we like. We move away from things we dont like. 

As I mentioned, I dont like human contact and dont really see the point of being emotional about it to boot. So togetherness/twosomeness wouldnt be something I would seek to do. Besides, Im not sexual so that further makes anything of that nature pretty useless to me.

You are right about one thing though. Staying away from something I dont need is something I can do, which is why I made the other thread and dont plan to voice my opinion on it since it seems pretty clear here that it wont get anywhere.  

I can argue its being emotional and all but thats just going to get the same reaction time and again as will the dilema of sexuals getting frustrated at aces because they repeat what sexuals say to begin with regarding sex. Maybe sexuals do it ignorantly based on the ideal that "everyone does it so everyone will know" and that will continue to cause the same confusion time and time again. But I figure that's not so much my problem so why dwell on it. Let others deal with it, Ive already mentioned it here.

I'll stay out of others business and they can stay out of mine. If its worked pretty well in real life, I dont see why I shouldn't employ the same mentality on here.

Telecaster68

It's the nature of a discussion forum to, er, discuss though.

• Like 3

Jade Cross
25 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

It's the nature of a discussion forum to, er, discuss though.

True although I'd wager this stopped being a discussion and turned more into a tug of war. Partially why I made the other thread and staying away from it.

Although it did show what tends to happen more or less in real life when Im around others and dont agree. Maybe not exactly to the degree here but it definitely generated the same responses, though it tends to take a lot less in life than it did here to anyone for become aggravated. Usually in real life, they fly off the bat as soon as you say something like "its not how I see it"

But I wouldn't say I didnt learn anything from it. Just like real life, if I want to avoid any unnecessary conflict, its just a matter of avoiding people, which is what I aim to do.

• Like 1

GLRDT
On 1/26/2018 at 5:25 AM, Telecaster68 said:

I have no view on 'energy' as some kind of almost spiritual thing as you guys seem to be talking about it. I'm just talking about neurons, but since they make up our brain which is how we experience the world, what we experience is a function of neural activity. An emergent property, if you like.

What about when you walk into a room and it feels way awkward. You don't feel that awkward energy in the air? Or is that you're just picking up on body language and expressions? Or if you hang around someone who is happy and positive all the time because it helps make you feel happier or vice versa, you are around someone who is depressed all the time, especially someone you are emotionally connected to, then you may feel more down around them even if they aren't saying depressing things. Can you feel when someone is sad even when they aren't openly sobbing or frowning? You notice a shift?

• Like 1

GLRDT
15 hours ago, FictoVore. said:

not sure if you like to hug people so this may not be a good analogy for you, but imagine lying in bed hugging yourself, then hugging another person who you care about. The acts are EXACTLY the same (arms wrapped around your body) but the feeling of a hug is very different when another person is involved due to the emotional pleasure that kind of physical intimacy brings

You always have the best comparisons for little old sensual me. This helps me understand the emotional sexual connection way more because I feel cuddling is the strongest expression of physical love for me. I feel very close through cuddles and tight embraces.

• Like 1

MrDane
4 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

As I mentioned, I dont like human contact and dont really see the point of being emotional about it to boot. So togetherness/twosomeness wouldnt be something I would seek to do. Besides, Im not sexual so that further makes anything of that nature pretty useless to me.

You are right about one thing though. Staying away from something I dont need is something I can do, which is why I made the other thread and dont plan to voice my opinion on it since it seems pretty clear here that it wont get anywhere.  

I can argue its being emotional and all but thats just going to get the same reaction time and again as will the dilema of sexuals getting frustrated at aces because they repeat what sexuals say to begin with regarding sex. Maybe sexuals do it ignorantly based on the ideal that "everyone does it so everyone will know" and that will continue to cause the same confusion time and time again. But I figure that's not so much my problem so why dwell on it. Let others deal with it, Ive already mentioned it here.

I'll stay out of others business and they can stay out of mine. If its worked pretty well in real life, I dont see why I shouldn't employ the same mentality on here.

When I said ‘you’, I didnt mean @Jade Cross, but people in general. I get your drift. 

• Like 2

Jade Cross
6 minutes ago, MrDane said:

When I said ‘you’, I didnt mean @Jade Cross, but people in general. I get your drift. 

Allright

• Like 1

Telecaster68
4 hours ago, GLRDT said:

What about when you walk into a room and it feels way awkward. You don't feel that awkward energy in the air? Or is that you're just picking up on body language and expressions? Or if you hang around someone who is happy and positive all the time because it helps make you feel happier or vice versa, you are around someone who is depressed all the time, especially someone you are emotionally connected to, then you may feel more down around them even if they aren't saying depressing things. Can you feel when someone is sad even when they aren't openly sobbing or frowning? You notice a shift?

Yes, I pick up on all those things. I take 'energy' to be a metaphor for the aggregate of feelings I get from unconsciously reading body language, micro expressions etc. It's meaningless to me to talk of auras/energies as some other worldly woo - these things never stand up to proper testing and there are explanations available that don't require the supernatural.

• Like 2

Thea2

On 26/01/2018 at 12:14 PM, Thea2 said:

This is how I understand what you say: First there’s the input from the 5 senses; then the working of the mirror neurons on that input, creates the energy inside me. I.e. the energy is my own feelings. And, there is NOT created an actual physical energy in the external world outside of me. Correct?

@Telecaster68 your 27 January post has answere my question with a yes I think. Thank you 😊 

GLRDT
8 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Yes, I pick up on all those things. I take 'energy' to be a metaphor for the aggregate of feelings I get from unconsciously reading body language, micro expressions etc. It's meaningless to me to talk of auras/energies as some other worldly woo - these things never stand up to proper testing and there are explanations available that don't require the supernatural.

I've never even gotten into the mindset of thinking about these things being auras or other worldly or supernatural. I don't know what category it goes into, I just know I feel it strongly with people and sometimes places. I guess spirituality would be my best label for it. Or like another sense. We've got sight, smell, touch, hearing, and speaking. Maybe this is a sixth sense?

Telecaster68

By way of illustration, this is the kind of question and response I've been talking about.

Telecaster68
5 hours ago, GLRDT said:

I've never even gotten into the mindset of thinking about these things being auras or other worldly or supernatural. I don't know what category it goes into, I just know I feel it strongly with people and sometimes places. I guess spirituality would be my best label for it. Or like another sense. We've got sight, smell, touch, hearing, and speaking. Maybe this is a sixth sense?

I'd say it's more like you making sense of the the other five senses.

• Like 1

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
1 hour ago, Telecaster68 said:

By way of illustration, this is the kind of question and response I've been talking about.

I revised my answer a bit so it's more accurate now, I was in a hurry when I wrote it this morning!!

King Al

Period sex - when you're on your period with really bad cramps and you read somewhere online that sex helps so your partner is like "let's give it a go". It's really gross and messy but kinda funny at the same time. Can end in laughing, about having to wash the bedding/towel/yourselves, together

Jade Cross
On 1/26/2018 at 11:56 PM, FictoVore. said:

.it's not something people 'want', it's just what happens for many people when they have sex.

I'm not even trying to convince you of anything as you'll clearly neverateSOable to get it (even though it's pretty darned basic), but as I already pointed out you just keep making these statements as you just did which are implying it's everyone else here who doesn't know what they're talking about. And you, you somehow know better.. one person out of aaaaall the people who categorically know that they themselves, as well as others, enjoy the emotional aspects of sexual intimacy just as much if not more than the physical aspects.

I looked over some of the reaponses in the thread and while I had already agreed to let bygones be bygones so to speak, acted impulsively. Thats not something I personally find acceptable, if nothing else call it scientists pride as well as wanting to see aces having an easier time when dealing with this sort of thing, something that cant be accomplished if theres a constant war going on between aces and sexuals.

Im not all that convinced still that whats being said explains the behaviour of sex as it seems largely contradictory especially compared to what I see in my surroundings. But usually truth is found amidst misconceptions if you look for it hard enough. I'll be willing to look and not dismiss too easily

Though for future references, cite sources that dont make us of the words like  "whooping" or any sort of words that are specifically designed to cause some form of euphiroc reaction because it not only does it make you look non credible but its basically a sales slogan, similar to how people cite "studies" that claim excesive drinking is good for you and when you look at the group who did the study, they are all alcohol companies.

At any rate, truce?

• Like 1

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
5 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Though for future references, cite sources that dont make us of the words like  "whooping" or any sort of words that are specifically designed to cause some form of euphiroc reaction because it not only does it make you look non credible but its basically a sales slogan, similar to how people cite "studies" that claim excesive drinking is good for you and when you look at the group who did the study, they are all alcohol companies

When I linked those, I was only showing you that others feel the same (because you seemed to be saying earlier you'd never seen anyone say that before).  On top of that one of those studies was done by a leading CONDOM brand. It would be 100% in their best interest to say the results were that the majority of people prefer casual sex because many established couples stop using condoms for multiple reasons, whereas people having casual encounters will often use condoms due to fears of STIs, HIV, and pregnancy with a stranger. Yet they still said the results showed that people prefer sex with emotion, despite the fact that it's common for people in that situation to not use condoms. I actually think that says a lot personally. 

I understand you were trying to say you don't want to argue about it anymore, but literally every single time you've said that you want us to agree to disagree, you've also thrown in a passive aggressive comment suggesting that those here don't know what they're talking about, or here, trying to tell me what I should and should not link in my comments when I actually chose those ones specifically. I *was* going to link an 'official' scientific paper but it was talking about emotional satisfaction in women after giving birth. They had far better sex if they felt emotionally close to their partner (obviously) but that was also tied into how useful their partner was around the house. While that is true, I don't need to put it on men here that their partner who recently gave birth won't enjoy sex as much with them (or even want it at all) if they don't help her around the house (which helps keep her satisfied emotionally, among other things).

I understand that you will keep refusing to accept the experience and knowledge of people here in favour of what you see from the outside in your peers (who have literally always sounded like immature jerks the way you have talked about them since I first met you) and I accept that you have stated you won't ever see it from our perspective. However, if I see you mentioning things around the forums again that suggest emotions don't come into sexual motivations for sexual people then I obviously will step in and say my piece as this is not only a discussion forum, but an educational forum. It's important young people here get correct information and I will always do my best to give them that by correcting false assumptions about sexual people that certain people around AVEN hold.

That's probably not the truce you're looking for, but it's the best I can do.

:cake:

• Like 1

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
13 hours ago, Nah said:

Period sex - when you're on your period with really bad cramps and you read somewhere online that sex helps so your partner is like "let's give it a go". It's really gross and messy but kinda funny at the same time. Can end in laughing, about having to wash the bedding/towel/yourselves, together

It can also lead to better orgasms for some girls!! I'm hornier a lot more on my period and both my partner and I actually find it very intimate sharing sexual intimacy while I have it. It can also be funny of course but all sex is funny really what with the strange sounds and stuff :P and yeah it's definitely messy but again, lots of sex is messy! It's quite funny waking up to a bed that looks like someone was murdered in it too. Me and my partner often laugh about the scene in 50 Shades of Grey where they have vanilla missionary style sex while she's on her period and it's passed off as one of the most taboo, kinky moments in the entire book haha!! Like, dude.. how sheltered were you growing up? (That's at the author, not you, haha).

I heard a super sexist awful joke the other day, please no one read what I'm about to write if they're sensitive to sexist jokes: 

This guy on a podcast I was listening to said 'I don't trust anything that can bleed for a whole week without dying' haha.. I shamefully laughed at that even though it's uber sexist and mean :P

• Like 1

Jade Cross
1 hour ago, FictoVore. said:

When I linked those, I was only showing you that others feel the same (because you seemed to be saying earlier you'd never seen anyone say that before).  On top of that one of those studies was done by a leading CONDOM brand. It would be 100% in their best interest to say the results were that the majority of people prefer casual sex because many established couples stop using condoms for multiple reasons, whereas people having casual encounters will often use condoms due to fears of STIs, HIV, and pregnancy with a stranger. Yet they still said the results showed that people prefer sex with emotion, despite the fact that it's common for people in that situation to not use condoms. I actually think that says a lot personally. 

I'll consider that.

. I *was* going to link an 'official' scientific paper but it was talking about emotional satisfaction in women after giving birth. They had far better sex if they felt emotionally close to their partner (obviously) but that was also tied into how useful their partner was around the house.

I would have personally found that to be more credible, sspecially if it had chemical formulas. Not trying to be passive agresive (or at least it doesnt come off that way) its a matter than Ive seen people cite things in the past and when I would go ahead and read, I'd find it didnt have any real material to it.

Not sure if this makes sense but if you (generally speaking) gave me a chemical study, I would most likely find that easier to understand and agree over arguing emotional vality at face value. Again, not trying to be passive aggresive, just looking for a venue that meets halfway.

I can see thats not the most popular way of presented sex to the majority but I do better in numbers and chemicals than emotions, especially if I can evalute the formulas. Although Im sure not many will find speaking of numbers and chemicals as exciting as physical sex.  

I understand that you will keep refusing to accept the experience and knowledge of people here in favour of what you see from the outside in your peers (who have literally always sounded like immature jerks the way you have talked about them since I first met you) and I accept that you have stated you won't ever see it from our perspective.

While I suppose technically true, even if I did want to see it from your perspective, the reality of it is that Im physically incapable.

Since my body will never produce the compounds which are said to lead to sex, it will be a,if it can be put as such, chemical impossibility for me to ever understand a sexual even if I desperately wanted to which is something I attempted to some degree in the past, granted under erroneous bases of thinking that something was wrong with me for not wanting sex but still. Otherwise I would have never tried to have sex in the first place. 

Maybe if that had been a memorable experience instead of the utter failure that I got myself into, I could view sex differently.

Alot of aces go through the same of seeing their peers talk superficially about sex. Not sure that will be an exclusive problem to me, which makes anyone saying otherwise that much more difficult to believe.

But let me play the devils advocate for a moment and say that I will believe what I see here over what I see outside. How would you (again generally speaking) suggest interacting with such people?

Its not like people will ever stop talking about sex and I still deal with the occasional interrogation (because questioning doesnt quite cut it anymore) when Im unfortunate enough to be caught in a sex talk (reason why I try to avoid it and others as much as possible.) So if this erroneous way of speaking about sex is the order of the day, how would you seggest it be dealt with?

However, if I see you mentioning things around the forums again that suggest emotions don't come into sexual motivations for sexual people then I obviously will step in and say my piece as this is not only a discussion forum, but an educational forum. It's important young people here get correct information and I will always do my best to give them that by correcting false assumptions about sexual people that certain people around AVEN hold.

That's probably not the truce you're looking for, but it's the best I can do.

:cake:

A fair deal. Im looking for there to be understanding, especially so aces can have an easier time in their lives when it comes to sex. Certainly wouldnt like them to torture themselves with questions without answers.

Alejandrogynous

Okay, I've been following this thread and I wasn't planning to chime in, but honestly I'm really confused about exactly what you're arguing, @Jade Cross. Because from what I can tell, it looks like you're just saying that when somebody describes an experience to you, and you don't share the same experience, that they're.. automatically wrong? Because you cannot personally relate? Does that mean literally anything you can't relate to is invalid in your mind? If someone likes a food you hate, do you maintain that it's objectively impossible for that food to taste good and the other person is lying?

If I'm misunderstanding, please tell me, I'm just trying to understand what point you're trying to make exactly.

• Like 1

Chimeric
12 hours ago, Nah said:

Does it work? I can totally understand how it would (sorta like a massage, I guess), but I have been way too nervous to try it.

scientists pride

Scientists know enough to know they don't know everything, and are constantly revising their hypotheses based on accumulation of evidence. A scientist's "pride" comes from their plasticity, not their rigidity.

constant war going on

It's not a war, it's a discussion.

3 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

that to be more credible, sspecially if it had chemical formulas

C43H66N12O12S2, among others.

3 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

when I would go ahead and read, I'd find it didnt have any real material to it

Here are a few to get you started. PubMed is chock full of peer-reviewed articles about emotional and sexual intimacy in all types of relationships (or lack thereof). If you finish those, try reading their references; all of them have many. (Edit - one of these is a book, maybe it's available in your local library)

Nobody here is trying to insinuate the asexual perspective is wrong, so please stop trying to tell the sexuals they can't possibly be right just because it's outside the realm of your very limited personal understanding.

• Like 6

Serran
3 hours ago, Chimeric said:

Does it work? I can totally understand how it would (sorta like a massage, I guess), but I have been way too nervous to try it.

People claim it does... but personally, every time I have sex on my period, it makes my normally 3 day long periods last two+ weeks... <_<