Telecaster68

List different kinds of sex (All the TMI, hopefully...)

Telecaster68
22 minutes ago, Thea2 said:

Puts in mind my problems with ‘sexual attraction’  :lol: 

It's an emergent property...

• Like 1

Telecaster68
1 hour ago, Chimeric said:

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, but our measly little brains are super good at making things up. :lol:

Less of the measly little. They're the most complex objects we know of.

Telecaster68
2 hours ago, Chimeric said:

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, but our measly little brains are super good at making things up. :lol:

Edited by Telecaster68
Double post and I can't delete the quote on my phone.

Thea2
14 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

It's an emergent property...

:lol:

Thea2
58 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

I have hallucinated things such as the girl from the ring. Usually this comes as a result of extreme exhaustion or stress

Me too (not the girl but other things). Yes, for me too it is stress related.

to which I can assume its a correlation between myself and the character.

Yes.

It lasts metely a second or so before I realize its just a figment of my imagination.

Yes mostly. It can take me longer to realize and I have some doubt about some experiences.

It does produce the momentarily sense of fear that rhe character originally was designed to do.

Yes.

Still there is already a pre existing ideal to correlate with the character.

Yes, in such a case it is easier to know it is internal.

I usually skip your posts because my eyes find orange hard to read, I’m glad I read this one (because it was short :D).

Jade Cross
1 hour ago, Thea2 said:

I usually skip your posts because my eyes find orange hard to read, I’m glad I read this one (because it was short :D).

Awww. Orange just fits my avatar so well that I write in that color. But I can write in regular text color if thats better. Though I think were getting more into metaphysics rather than sex now. (Not that I dont enjoy a good metaphysics talk)

• Like 2

Jade Cross

At any rate, lets say I take the sexual point of view as legit and that I accept it, if nothing else on theoretical terms rather than empirical. What happens then?

Telecaster68

What sexual point of view is that?

Thea2
3 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Awww. Orange just fits my avatar so well that I write in that color. But I can write in regular text color if thats better. Though I think were getting more into metaphysics rather than sex now. (Not that I dont enjoy a good metaphysics talk)

Thank you 😊 my eyes 👀 are very grateful 😄. I  do agree that the orange looked very nice, matching your avatar. 🌼

Spoiler

I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a link between metaphysics and sex 🤫 don’t tell anybody. 

• Like 1

Chimeric
7 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Less of the measly little. They're the most complex objects we know of.

Just mine, then. :lol:

4 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

At any rate, lets say I take the sexual point of view as legit and that I accept it, if nothing else on theoretical terms rather than empirical. What happens then?

You've broadened your perspective, and you've made at least one other person happy for not having had her own perspective dismissed. Win win!

• Like 2

Jade Cross
5 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

What sexual point of view is that?

The one everyone has been posting about....that sex has a subtext/more than physical desire/emotional comtext?

Telecaster68

It's not really a point of view for most sexuals, more a fact of life.

• Like 5

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
54 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

The one everyone has been posting about....that sex has a subtext/more than physical desire/emotional comtext?

If sex was literally just physical, just the orgasm, everyone would just masturbate because that's a lot less effort and you get the same result - genital stimulation and then an orgasm. But many humans have a very clear preference, to the extent some describe it as a 'need', to have sex with a partner as opposed to just masturbating alone. This is because of the emotional aspects of having sexual intimacy with another person that you just can't replicate on your own. The vast majority of sexual people would rather have sex with the person they love and never orgasm, than be able to orgasm every time they masturbate but never have sex with their lover again. That's because it's the emotional aspects of that sexual intimacy that are generally so important. Of course the physical feelings are important too, but if you could experience no emotional pleasure at all in any way from having sexual intimacy with another person, you'd be far more likely to just masturbate to have an orgasm. Even someone who is visiting a prostitute is seeking something more than they can experience when they're alone, even though they'd still be able to have an orgasm when alone. 

I'm not sure if you like to hug people so this may not be a good analogy for you, but imagine lying in bed hugging yourself, then hugging another person who you care about. The acts are EXACTLY the same (arms wrapped around your body) but the feeling of a hug is very different when another person is involved due to the emotional pleasure that kind of physical intimacy brings.

• Like 3

Thea2
7 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Then there’s no need to argue with them anymore, they do there thing and you do yours. 😊

Jade Cross
14 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

If sex was literally just physical, just the orgasm, everyone would just masturbate because that's a lot less effort and you get the same result - genital stimulation and then an orgasm. But many humans have a very clear preference, to the extent some describe it as a 'need', to have sex with a partner as opposed to just masturbating alone. This is because of the emotional aspects of having sexual intimacy with another person that you just can't replicate on your own. The vast majority of sexual people would rather have sex with the person they love and never orgasm, than be able to orgasm every time they masturbate but never have sex with their lover again. That's because it's the emotional aspects of that sexual intimacy that are generally so important. Of course the physical feelings are important too, but if you could experience no emotional pleasure at all in any way from having sexual intimacy with another person, you'd be far more likely to just masturbate to have an orgasm. Even someone who is visiting a prostitute is seeking something more than they can experience when they're alone, even though they'd still be able to have an orgasm when alone. 

I'm not sure if you like to hug people so this may not be a good analogy for you, but imagine lying in bed hugging yourself, then hugging another person who you care about. The acts are EXACTLY the same (arms wrapped around your body) but the feeling of a hug is very different when another person is involved due to the emotional pleasure that kind of physical intimacy brings.

Im not a huggy person, pretty much hate human contact and would prefer logic to emotions so Im afraid the analogy doesnt really work with me.

I believe Thea2's on the right track. Basically, I dont cross my line and noone has to cross theirs.

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
1 minute ago, Jade Cross said:

Im not a huggy person, pretty much hate human contact and would prefer logic to emotions so Im afraid the analogy doesnt really work with me.

I believe Thea2's on the right track. Basically, I dont cross my line and noone has to cross theirs.

I think the issue is more that you're only interested in the type of 'logic' that you can fully understand. If you can't understand it, or disagree with it, you claim it's not logic.

If you insist on having that attitude you'll never be able to wrap your head around anything that isn't already within your ability to understand.

• Like 1

Jade Cross
2 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

I think the issue is more that you're only interested in the type of 'logic' that you can fully understand. If you can't understand it, or disagree with it, you claim it's not logic.

If you insist on having that attitude you'll never be able to wrap your head around anything that isn't already within your ability to understand.

Both you as well others claim that its emotional. I dont know ablut you but emotion is on the far opposite end of logic.

Thea2
6 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Im not a huggy person, pretty much hate human contact and would prefer logic to emotions...

It’s a perfectly valid lifestyle choice.

I believe Thea2's on the right track.

Oh, 😊

Basically, I dont cross my line and noone has to cross theirs.

Exactly.

Chimeric
1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

Basically, I dont cross my line and noone has to cross theirs.

It's not my business if you want to live your life this way, but it's an incredibly limiting way to go about things.

Jade Cross
19 minutes ago, Chimeric said:

It's not my business if you want to live your life this way, but it's an incredibly limiting way to go about things.

How so?

Chimeric
9 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

How so?

Can you grow as a person if you refuse to challenge yourself?

Jade Cross

""

Jade Cross
30 minutes ago, Chimeric said:

Can you grow as a person if you refuse to challenge yourself?

I dont particularly see sex as a challenge as it holds no importance in my life, currently or in the future. And I find you tend to save yourself far more trouble by remaining on your own than by being around others.

31 minutes ago, Chimeric said:

Snao Cone
1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

Both you as well others claim that its emotional. I dont know ablut you but emotion is on the far opposite end of logic.

This is really a false dichotomy. You can stretch anything to be "logical" and anything to be "emotional" using whatever angle works to your advantage in that particular conversation. It's perfectly logical for couples to have many of the kinds of sex that Telecaster listed, because staying together is usually the most economically practical arrangement, and exclusivity to physical pleasure sets easy to follow rules. For asexual people the reason we're not having sex is rather emotional, as it's all about what we're drawn towards or not drawn towards.

• Like 4

Chimeric
8 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

I dont particularly see sex as a challenge as it holds no importance in my life, currently or in the future. And I find you tend to save yourself far more trouble by remaining on your own than by being around others.

I meant in general.

Jade Cross
1 minute ago, Chimeric said:

I meant in general.

Works the same way regardless of subject.

Chimeric
3 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Works the same way regardless of subject.

And will limit you in all of them. :lol:

This is going to be something we're going to have to agree to disagree on, I think. I feel this thread has been quite ferociously derailed, sorry Tele!

Jade Cross
6 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

This is really a false dichotomy. You can stretch anything to be "logical" and anything to be "emotional" using whatever angle works to your advantage in that particular conversation. It's perfectly logical for couples to have many of the kinds of sex that Telecaster listed, because staying together is usually the most economically practical arrangement, and exclusivity to physical pleasure sets easy to follow rules. For asexual people the reason we're not having sex is rather emotional, as it's all about what we're drawn towards or not drawn towards.

People have repeated it as being emotional. 

Snao Cone
1 minute ago, Jade Cross said:

People have repeated it as being emotional. 

But it can also be logical. There can be simultaneously emotional and logical reasons for wanting sex, because they're not polar opposites as you seemed to suggest.

Jade Cross
1 minute ago, Chimeric said:

And will limit you in all of them. :lol:

This is going to be something we're going to have to agree to disagree on, I think. I feel this thread has been quite ferociously derailed, sorry Tele!

Ive managed pretty well so far. Sex might be the bump in the road but it has little importance to me so I dont consider it a limitation. Far from it actually.