Sexy Lingerie?

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I think this might be good enough. 

Anyone wear "sexy" lingerie or underwear others might consider sexy? 
Just for fun or for the benefit of someone else? 
Do you consider it sexual or just something nice to wear without the sexual implication the garment implies?

I personally have ugly/boring underwear and "sexy" underwear which I rotate wearing depending on what clothes I choose to wear that day. I have a small collection of garter belts and thigh highs/tights which I've never/rarely worn in public or just at home just for myself and no one else. I don't really have the body that would make it look sexy anyway. I've also incorporated corsets or other lingerie type garments as normal clothes. I think it can be more than just something sexual to be only worn in the bedroom. And I usually don't consider it sexual. I particularly like vintage lingerie but don't have the money or body to make that look work. 

1 hour ago, Lockylocks said:

I think it can be more than just something sexual to be only worn in the bedroom.

Ditto! I do have a weakness for beautiful lingerie.

But I'm still amazed at the fact that people actually buy or wear something for the benefit of someone else. On a related note: I can only shake my head in disbelief when I overhear girls talking about how they shave their legs etc. for their (prospective) boyfriends. Why don't they just do those kind of things in order to feel comfortable in their own skin?

42 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

Ditto! I do have a weakness for beautiful lingerie.

But I'm still amazed at the fact that people actually buy or wear something for the benefit of someone else. On a related note: I can only shake my head in disbelief when I overhear girls talking about how they shave their legs etc. for their (prospective) boyfriends. Why don't they just do those kind of things in order to feel comfortable in their own skin?

Because one can feel comfortable alone in the house all ruffled haired, in PJs and hairy legs... but if you want to feel "sexy" for someone else, things like hairy legs, or messed up hair, or stained clothing, etc is likely to not achieve that feeling. It's honestly not so much for the guy, as for the girl to feel confident and sexy while with the guy. 

2 hours ago, Serran said:

Because one can feel comfortable alone in the house all ruffled haired, in PJs and hairy legs... but if you want to feel "sexy" for someone else, things like hairy legs, or messed up hair, or stained clothing, etc is likely to not achieve that feeling. It's honestly not so much for the guy, as for the girl to feel confident and sexy while with the guy. 

It does sound logical, but it still makes no sense to me, personally. I want to look good for myself, first and foremost.

And it still sounds as if this hypothetical girl you're talking about does these things for the guy, not for herself in the first place.

Oh, and tousled hair can be quite sexy, in my book. Just saying. Everything lies in the eye of the beholder ...

10 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

It does sound logical, but it still makes no sense to me, personally. I want to look good for myself, first and foremost.

And it still sounds as if this hypothetical girl you're talking about does these things for the guy, not for herself in the first place.

Oh, and tousled hair can be quite sexy, in my book. Just saying. Everything lies in the eye of the beholder ...

Eh. In the way that I dress up nice when I have a big day at work "for the boss" - yeah, it impresses the boss more, but I want to look my best during a review, because it makes me more confident and therefore makes it easier to confidently do the work. Whereas, if I felt like I didn't look good, I'd be less confident and thus do worse on the review. If I'm with my partner and trying to look nice, I'm more doing it for my own confidence, cause she would be fine with me in an old t-shirt and PJ bottoms tbh. 

Salted Karamel

Think of it like if you were comfy alone at home in your stained PJs without showering all day, but you wanted to go out to the store so you shower and clean up for other people. I'm comfy af in my day-old sweatpants, but if I went outside like that, I'd feel weird and self-conscious.

Anyway, I love the look of sexy lingerie. I don't like the feel of it because it's highly uncomfortable. But I'm big into costuming and art and such. It's not necessarily a sexy thing to me, but an aesthetic that I enjoy.

everywhere and nowhere
21 hours ago, Serran said:

See... this is why I condsider asexuality liberating. It helped me realize that I don't have to force myself to wear something I'm not comfortable with. And actually, I stopped shaving my legs after I realized that I'm asexual.

As for underwear, I wear anti-sexy lingerie: "mama style" panties (big and covering everything from the waist to the groins), sports bra and men's vests which go all the way up to my neck. It really helps reduce the neckline in some shirts and tunics.

And the frosting on the cake, even though it's not a visible part (but panties aren't either): I wear men's long johns, at least in the winter, to stay warm. I love them. I'm allergic to synthetic and animal-based fabrics and pantyhose has at most 90% cotton, in fact even 80% cotton is hard to find. And my long johns have 100% cotton. :)

On 1/14/2018 at 5:56 PM, Lockylocks said:

Anyone wear "sexy" lingerie or underwear others might consider sexy? 
Just for fun or for the benefit of someone else? 
Do you consider it sexual or just something nice to wear without the sexual implication the garment implies?

I'm kind of dating someone. She mentioned that she finds slips off-putting, as opposed to trunks. So I make it a point to always wear trunks when I'm meeting her. It makes me feel more comfortable, and for her it's a sign that I'm appreciating her input. There's some kind of sexual tension between us, but we've talked about it and it is clear that we won't be having sex with eachother anytime soon, if ever. So it's not sexual in the sense of seductive, but some implication still remains.

Slips and trunks? Now I'm wondering where you live and if those words mean something different where I live...

Sometimes I just want practical and comfy and cotton. Sometimes I want something some people might call "sexy". But in any case, I would wear it just for fun and just for me, not for "sexy times", that's for sure. :) 

I never really saw the point of lingerie. If it makes you feel confident and more comfortable in your own skin, more power to you. I can't stand much more than regular underwear. Thongs never really looked comfy what with that tiny ribbon and copious amounts of lace that can scratch.Personally I'm fine with a comfy pair of PJs.  

I love fashion. I think lingerie sort of goes into that category. I love feeling sexy for myself. It makes me feel strong, fun, and pretty. But I sadly hardly wear it because I don't wear it out and then I have no point to wear it at home. My boyfriend would argue differently. Ha ha. I would wear it before we have sex if I had some sort of libido or desire and could actually plan an initiation ahead of time. But otherwise if we have sex it's spontaneous and no time to dress up for fun.

14 hours ago, daveb said:

Slips and trunks? Now I'm wondering where you live and if those words mean something different where I live...

I was wondering the same thing. lol 

15 hours ago, daveb said:

I live in Germany...

https://www.c-and-a.com/de/de/shop/dunova-feinripp-slips-81976/4?categoryId=15067

https://www.c-and-a.com/de/de/shop/trunks-3er-pack-seamfree-1042241/0?categoryId=15056

1 hour ago, roland.o said:

Ah, in the US we would call those briefs and boxers (or boxer-briefs for the latter). Hence the famous (infamous?) question, "boxers or briefs?".

Slips here are a women's garment, sort of like a lightweight dress with shoulder straps, worn under a dress (while a half-slip is the skirt equivalent). And trunks, in my experience at least, usually refer to baggy shorts made for swimming, not as underwear. :) 

17 hours ago, daveb said:

Did you know that we also wear hipsters? :D

As in 'hipster briefs'. Come to think of it, we do have odd names for our underwear ...

20 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

Did you know that we also wear hipsters? :D

As in 'hipster briefs'. Come to think of it, we do have odd names for our underwear ...

I think hipster briefs (for women) are a a thing in the US, too.

One that I find rather silly is "boycut" briefs for women. (almost as silly as so-called "boyfriend" clothes, such as boyfriend sweaters, boyfriend jeans, etc., which are women's garments, made for women not for guys - I guess the idea is that these are items you could have borrowed from your boyfriend). But you never see "girlfriend" clothes made for guys (and no tradition of guys borrowing clothing items from their girlfriend, unless it's for comedic effect in tv and movies).

23 hours ago, daveb said:

I think hipster briefs (for women) are a a thing in the US, too.

One that I find rather silly is "boycut" briefs for women. (almost as silly as so-called "boyfriend" clothes, such as boyfriend sweaters, boyfriend jeans, etc., which are women's garments, made for women not for guys - I guess the idea is that these are items you could have borrowed from your boyfriend). But you never see "girlfriend" clothes made for guys (and no tradition of guys borrowing clothing items from their girlfriend, unless it's for comedic effect in tv and movies).

God yes, I hate those so-called boyfriend clothes. Boyfriend jeans are only vaguely reminiscent of 'men's clothes', and when you go looking for jeans in the men's section, they're either too tight (!) or too baggy. And it infuriates me that there are no 'girlfriend clothes', like you said, and that AMAB people can't go shopping for women's clothes without being stared at, unlike us 'tomboys'.

Sorry, we're off-topic again and I'm afraid I'm (partly) to blame :ph34r:

On 1/17/2018 at 2:14 PM, kiaroskuro said:

Sorry, we're off-topic again and I'm afraid I'm (partly) to blame :ph34r:

You’re all to blame! My beautiful post has completely been derailed. :mad:

The whole boyfriend clothes trend is annoying. Not only because I can’t pull it off, but it makes no sense since it’s basically just oversized versions of normal women’s clothes but instead the word baggy has been replaced with boyfriend. 

11 hours ago, Lockylocks said:

You’re all to blame! My beautiful post has completely been derailed. :mad:

Sorry!

Lingerie for everyone who wants it and comfy undies for everyone who wants them, in whatever mix you prefer. :) 

EggplantWitch

I'm super ace and presently single and I love love love cute lingerie! Especially bras. I have pretty big boobs (34H UK size to be specific) so I feel like I might as well make the most of them, at least when I can find bras that actually fit >.> I'm not as keen on 'lacy' or fancy underwear, but I do have a lot of nice patterened cotton pairs. One day I'll probably get one of those matching sets and feel hella cute.

And regarding 'boyfriend' cut clothes: Yeah, it's dumb. I just shop in the men's section...

• 4 months later...
Cup.of.tea.

I can only say that lingerie is beautiful and aesthetically pleasant.

Bandrailian

I saw this thread and it reminded me of the first time someone asked me if I liked lingerie. That was the day I realized it was meant as more than just fancy undergarments and it was actually supposed to be sexy.

• 1 year later...
Grumpy Alien

I like lingerie. It’s pretty. I also like granny panties. They’re comfy.

DuranDuranfan

Sometimes on my days when I feel feminine, I’ll wear one of my nicer bras. If it has lace then it has to be a lacy overlay with thin padding made of another fabric so my skin won’t itch.

Other than that, it’s sports bras, men’s boxer briefs or shorts, and men’s jeans.

For me lingerie is more aesthetic than sexy, I like to mix comfort with prettiness. My favourite set is ivory and has embroidered  swans on. I bought them for me because they were such lovely beautiful garments and I feel like a magical person when I wear them. The idea of wearing ‘sexy’ underwear to attract someone seems cringey to me. “Don’t look at me!”  I’m not even going to try.

I prefer comfort thought and most days just wear whatever I find first, usually large Bridget Jones type pants haha! 

• 1 month later...

Hm.... I am someone who enjoys comfort though I do enjoy the aesthetics of it. 

I wouldn't say that someone who wears sexy lingerie is asking for it though. Just like just because someone combs their hair and has showers, it doesn't meant that they are trying to smell good for others. 

I have bought sexy lingerie for my asexual boyfriend before. He just liked to look.

My hubby is sexual but he doesn't jump into the act just because I am sexy lingerie on. He feels that one must look nice even for themselves. For some its a boost of confidence. 

everywhere and nowhere

Nope. Even if nobody would see me in that underwear, I would personally feel uncomfortable in skimpy lingerie. For two reasons:

- because it's physically skimpy and therefore doesn't cover everything in a comfortable way;

- because of its associations with sex appeal - and I actively want to be sexually unattractive.

My typical set of underwear (with the socks sometimes skipped in the summer) consist of:

- "grandma pants" - pure cotton, reaching from the waist to the groin and fully covering the buttocks;

- a sports bra with a fair percentage of cotton (I'm allergic to animal-based and synthetic fabrics, so I avoid wearing them whenever I can);

- a male vest (undershirt) without sleeves and reaching all the way to the collarbone;

- colourful cotton socks (never "boat socks" - I feel physically unpleasant with my ankles uncovered and I only allow direct contact of the shoe with naked skin in two kinds of shoes: sandals and house slippers).

Archived