pictures in rainbow order

J. van Deijck

everywhere and nowhere
5 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Sounds like a conspiracy to me. 😄

And for me it definitely doesn't, I just regret that they aren't available anymore. If anything - yes, I do think that the food industry sometimes forgets that not all people are "paired" and some people only cook for themselves.

812595-quest-for-glory-ii-trial-by-fire-

(Screenshot from the game "Quest for Glory". It's the EGA palette with just 16 colours, and probably not even all are used in this particular scene!)

• Like 1

@Nowhere Girl I'm joking, of course. I found out that the ones I posted are called "Chinese eggplants." Maybe the farmers that the grocery store was getting its produce from stopped growing that variety. But yeah, what you said about single people being overlooked makes sense.

photo-1536999526918-49b5b164e926?ixlib=r

everywhere and nowhere

sierra-001.png

(Screenshot from the game "Ecoquest 2: Lost Secret of the Rainforest". By the way: there are lots of fan continuations of Sierra games, such as VGA remakes of "King's Quest" 1-3 or "Space Quest 2"... why has nobody made "Ecoquest 3"? :( I loved this series!)

everywhere and nowhere

867362-submachine-9-the-temple-browser-s

(Screenshot from the game "Submachine 9: the Temple")

everywhere and nowhere

5963-eternam-dos-screenshot-outside-the-

(Screenshot from the game "Eternam". A rather obscure adventure game, here's my review.)

@bobbypin - that picture was amazing! It kinda reminded me of the first dream I remember, the dream of a pink sea. (When I was very little, pink wasn't yet so widespread as "girly colour", particularly in comunist Poland with shortages of everything). I was three years old at that time and shortly before I had been to the seaside for the first time. I remember how I was quite interested in shoals - I couldn't swim yet, but my father (who was at that point still healthy and still went on holidays) took me to a shoal on a mattress to prove that the water is shallow there again even if it's relatively far from the shore. So the sea in my dream was in different shades of pink, also with details such as shoals.

everywhere and nowhere

855313-heroine-s-quest-the-herald-of-rag

(Screenshot from the game "Heroine's Quest: the Herald of Ragnarok", a great retro RPG-adventure)

e68033f7b6cc688a6e3cffbb3b20fb05.jpg

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

978867-sumatra-fate-of-yandi-windows-scr

(Screenshot from the game "Sumatra: Fate of Yandi". As a tigermaniac, I have made a whole of five tiger-including screenshots when playing it. ;)

Once, in a store in Warsaw, I have met two Indonesian tourists, I helped them a bit because they didn't speak Polish, and I spent a while chatting with them about tigers in Indonesia. :))

J. van Deijck
everywhere and nowhere

622480-freddi-fish-5-the-case-of-the-cre

(Screenshot from the game "Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove". A children's adventure game, of course, at that above is a minigame - a variant of "Battleships".)

everywhere and nowhere

934149-the-legend-of-kyrandia-dos-screen

(Screenshot from he game "Legend of Kyrandia")

national-french-fry-day-640x514.jpg

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

91238-inherit-the-earth-quest-for-the-or

(Screenshot from the game "Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb". I just love such retro hand-painted graphics.)

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

tumblr_o1q83fJ9sY1ukenxjo1_500.jpg

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere

974050-coloring-pixels-animals-windows-s

(Screenshot from the game "Coloring Pixels". It's a digital paint-by-numbers game and cmpleting this picture was a real pain, particularly because at that time I hadn't yet discovered the option "lock completed pixels", which prevents them from being accidentally recoloured wrong.

everywhere and nowhere

@kiaroskuro - wow, where is this cave? Looks amazing, it slightly reminds me of Bystrianska cave in Slovakia.

978916-sumatra-fate-of-yandi-windows-scr

(Another screenshot from the game "Sumatra: Fate of Yandi")

@Nowhere Girl It's the cave of the river Aggitis in Northern Greece. It was just a random picture I chose, but there was something about the name (the cave is close to the city of Drama - probably one of the best place names ever) that caught my attention and made me look it up - and that's why I recall it. Google it, you'll find pictures far more stunning than the one I posted!

everywhere and nowhere

935592-foxtail-windows-screenshot-which-

(Screenshot from the game "Foxtail". It's a dream sequence, a cutscene, and the caption means "And here's the tail!". I play the game in Ukrainian, but don't worry, there's an English version too, and in fact I greatly recommend the game to anyone who likes retro adventure games.)