pictures in rainbow order

J. van Deijck

everywhere and nowhere

644375-dizzy-and-the-other-side-windows-

(Screenshot from the game "Dizzy and the Other Side".

Dizzy is an egg with hands and feet who starred in a series of games from the late 80s and early 90s. Almost unknown in areas such as the US, still has some fan base in countries such as the UK, Russia, Romania, Poland... In 2006, Alexandru and Cristina Simion created a program called Dizzy AGE, or Dizzy Adventure Game Engine, for making Dizzy fan games - the game above was made with that engine. While the Dizzy AGE community has its heydays behind it - mostly one user is still making games and I don't like his graphics or his sense of humour, which is very sexual in some of his games - nevertheless, over 100 games were made with Dizzy AGE. That's the vast majority of all Dizzy fan games and also much longer than the original series, which consisted of just 8 platform-adventure games and some 5 or so purely action spin-offs.)

J. van Deijck

tumblr_oo42s2HVhL1sxw3ato1_500.jpg

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

tumblr_p0e9xqfxRP1wjw51fo1_500.jpg

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
everywhere and nowhere

978082-the-book-of-unwritten-tales-2-win

(Screenshot from the game "Book of Unwritten Tales 2")

J. van Deijck

tumblr_lz6jx7T0Ts1qang8eo1_500.jpg

• Like 3
everywhere and nowhere

m25975504,SHUTTERSTOCK-1719203050.jpg

(Stairs connecting the top of the cliff and the seashore on Wolin island, Poland)

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

tumblr_ozhq1xLwWC1wi8e50o1_500.jpg

On 6/2/2020 at 12:42 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

Stairs connecting the top of the cliff and the seashore on Wolin island, Poland

I have seen them in person. Beautiful ♡

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere

virtuaverse-031.png

(Screenshot from the game "VirtuaVerse". An interesting one - cyberpunk adventure game with retro graphics, and I actively prefer good old pixel graphics - hand-painted, two-dimensional...)

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

663090-the-adventures-of-willy-beamish-a

(Screenshot from the game "Adventures of Willy Beamish". The place is Willy's father's set of train models in the attic, and the person in the chair is Willy's grandafther's ghost. ;) But it's a funny game, not a scary one.)

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

sciv-028.png

(Screenshot from the game "Quest for Glory 1". This place is the home of wizard Erasmus - the hero gets poofed back to the bottom of the mountain because he can't visit Erasmus at night. I went there anyway because I very much enjoy comparing how places change after nightfall in retro games with a day-night cycle.

EGA graphics again, and this particular image only uses 13 colours - I reently discovered that it can be checked in Irfan View, which I have and use for collecting screenshots from non-DOS games - in case of DOS it can be done using the keys ctrl-F5 in the D-Fend Reloaded emulator.)

• Like 1