Films I wish they would ban

The Miracle of Life.

Ban it, ban it, ban it!

I don't think movies should be banned... movies are a wonderful thing, and yes some have some horrific parts. but lets be honest right now... people live through abusive relationships, people get killed in terrifying ways, and people get raped. putting stuff like that in movies (as long as none of the actors don't get truly hurt or raped) seems fine to me because it just points out those things in our society.. if you show people this stuff then they can't say "oh that's not real" and they can't ignore it.

Always looking for answers
8 minutes ago, Tarfeather said:

In my opinion that's almost irrelevant, when you consider the fact that we are all becoming so used to actual real terrible things happening in the world that it doesn't bother us anymore. People not bothered by watching a Saw movie? OK. People not bothered by millions of real life people literally being at risk of starvation? I have no words for this.

I agree. War victims, genocide... Lots of people ignore what's happening in, for example, Syria. We've grown so used to war that most of us seem to accept it's there, even if it's only far away in the world. Same numbness van be seen with inhumane examples near our homes: homeless people, people who can't afford health care, or asylum seekers who just want some place safe to live with their families. We learn to ignore it. If we feel anything it's disgust, annoyance or sometimes even anger, not for the way these people are treated by the society but for being the outcasts they are.
So yeah, if we start to condemn fake violence in movies we should first start to condemn ALL real violence and hold ourselves, our neighbours and our politicians accountable for not doing enough to help these poor souls. 

29 minutes ago, Tarfeather said:

In my opinion that's almost irrelevant, when you consider the fact that we are all becoming so used to actual real terrible things happening in the world that it doesn't bother us anymore. People not bothered by watching a Saw movie? OK. People not bothered by millions of real life people literally being at risk of starvation? I have no words for this.

Ban starvation

Squirrel Combat

I think "Call Me Clause" was a pretty awful movie that should not be allowed to be viewed by anyone, simply because it is not a fun movie to watch.

1 minute ago, Squirrel Combat said:

I think "Call Me Clause" was a pretty awful movie that should not be allowed to be viewed by anyone, simply because it is not a fun movie to watch.

I can think of a few movies that were too awful and should be banned for that reason. :lol:

Fun fact: I own a movie that is on the banned movie list in the UK. 

3 hours ago, Princess Merida said:

There are some truly sick movies I personally wish would be banned. I'm thinking about the Saw films in particular. What sort of person thinks up such a story? The situations they place characters in those films are just evil. There are already some very messed up people out there that might just take inspiration from what they see. At the same time, the rest of us are becoming used to watching terrible things and I don't think that's a good thing.

Out of interest, from my posts here, would you think I'm a sick crazy evil freak? I ask because I actually enjoy movies like Saw (even though the Saw movies themselves I find a bit silly because they look fake and the acting is bad). I enjoy extreme graphic violence, sick and twisted plots, and watching suffering and torture on screen. The more realistic the better. If it's done well enough, like a good mystery with amazing acting (Se7en is a good example, off the top of my head) I enjoy the film even more. That aside, I enjoy making such stories up myself more than I enjoy the films (or books) already made. I love thinking about how people (both the perpetrators and the victims) woold truly react when faced with that kind of extreme, brutal, violence and twisted psychological and physical torture.. it's a fascinating topic, and the ones I come up with are a lot more brutal (and realistic) than what they'll show you on screen.

Now, the thing is, these types of films (and books) don't create this kind of violence in people. These types of films are made because humans can already be that sickeningly violent and they're an exploration of that side of humanity. I guarantee you though, a movie like Saw is a box of kittens compared to what real humans can and have done to other humans in the past, are doing right now, and will do in the future. I sadly know this for a fact due to having to often do research into some of the most depraved and violent aspects of humanity for my work. Believe me, movies like Saw and Human Centipede are nothing compared to reality, lol.

ANYWAY, ranting aside, such movies are just something some people enjoy and some don't. I HATE romantic comedy and in my perfect world, it wouldn't exist.. I actually hate romance in any film or book and will generally instantly stop watching or reading if people start getting kissy with each other. That doesn't mean I want them banned though. But yeah, there's nothing wrong with depicting the type of violence humans are actually capable of on screen, banning it would be like you're lying to people about reality and taking a form of escapism away from them at the same time. I read stats somewhere that estimate we're actually living in one of the least violent times in human history too so it's not like films like Saw are making people *more* violent. They're just a type of excapism that some people enjoy and some don't.

Believe me though, I'm not a crazy evil psycho and neither are the other people who create and/or enjoy such stories. The evil people are the ones who are actually out doing these types of things to other people but their motivations, actions, and the reactions of their victims are still a deeply fascinating topic to explore!

1 minute ago, Serran said:

I can think of a few movies that were too awful and should be banned for that reason. :lol:

You mean it's actually banned or it wouldn't legally be allowed to be produced in the UK?? I always knew you had a secret squirting fetish :P

3 minutes ago, Serran said:

Ban the banned list?

Just now, FictoVore. said:

You mean it's actually banned or it wouldn't legally be allowed to be produced in the UK?? I always knew you had a secret squirting fetish :P

Ha not that kind of movie! 

It's a horror movie that had UK release rejected due to nudity being mixed with murder scenes in a way they disapproved of. I haven't even watched it, tbh, it's still in the wrapper. But, it came with a stack of DVDs my brother gave me. And I was looking through the list of banned movies in the UK and saw one that is on my shelf. :D 

Just now, Serran said:

Ha not that kind of movie! 

It's a horror movie that had UK release rejected due to nudity being mixed with murder scenes in a way they disapproved of. I haven't even watched it, tbh, it's still in the wrapper. But, it came with a stack of DVDs my brother gave me. And I was looking through the list of banned movies in the UK and saw one that is on my shelf. :D 

Haha I knew you didn't actually mean that kind of movie but couldn't stop myself from commenting anyway :P and it actually pisses me off when they censor nudity in murder scenes. It's fine to show a woman getting stabbed to death but the camera is always conveniently angled so we can't see her nipples?? *sigh*.. takes me out of the moment. But anyway you should tell me the name of that movie so I can assess for myself whether or not the nudity in the murder scenes is tasteful :lol:

Just now, FictoVore. said:

Haha I knew you didn't actually mean that kind of movie but couldn't stop myself from commenting anyway :P and it actually pisses me off when they censor nudity in murder scenes. It's fine to show a woman getting stabbed to death but the camera is always conveniently angled so we can't see her nipples?? *sigh*.. takes me out of the moment. But anyway you should tell me the name of that movie so I can assess for myself whether or not the nudity in the murder scenes is tasteful :lol:

Silent Night, Deadly Night 2  ... it's a very cheesy horror comedy from my understanding, my brother is into low budget horror 

2 hours ago, Always looking for answers said:

To be honest I don't think you solve the problem of sick people by banning movies

"Movies don't create psychos,movies make psychos more creative " 

😛😜

Just now, Serran said:

Silent Night, Deadly Night 2  ... it's a very cheesy horror comedy from my understanding, my brother is into low budget horror 

Ahahaha omg so lame :P how is that even banned? *Shakes my head* so silly!! I was expecting something like Spit on my Grave or the original Last House on the Left.. they were banned in the US for ages but not sure if they still are now. Spit on my Grave was a bit silly, I enjoyed the original Last House on the Left though. Better (and more violent!!) than the more modern remake. Might watch that tonight while I do some fancy colouring actually I think ^_^

1 hour ago, Serran said:

My mother is interested in serial killers. She actually used to want to become a criminal psychologist, focusing on homicide. So, growing up, I learned a lot of serial killers and their methods

Omggg...me too !!! I did a psychology project in school and i have been terrified ever since. To this day I lock my bedroom door and check my windows before I sleep. Its terrifying how sick serial killers can be. 

My sister blames horror movies for making me paranoid...i always tell her it's not the movies i'm scared of,it's the facts. 

Horror movies look pretty tame compared to what actual serial killers actually do to people. Movies like halloween , prom night and scream make serial killers look like joke,but real ones are a million times more horrific ! 

4 minutes ago, lazypanda said:

"Movies don't create psychos,movies make psychos more creative " 

😛😜

Hah I know you were being silly with this comment but sadly the stuff they show in movies is nowhere near as creative or interesting that actual psychos do. I think they'd be pretty embarrassed by the stuff in movies and books knowing that people think they're actually that boring. Seriously, the sickness they're capable of has actually been known to make hardened cops cry and even commit suicide because they can't face what they learn (stuff the general public don't  get explosed to) and  there have been cases (random example, Fred West) where people got PTSD just from hearing West talk about what he did. What we see in films is generally literally child's play (invented by writers with immature and inexperienced minds) compared to the things people do in real life.

2 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

I was expecting something like Spit on my Grave or the original Last House on the Left.. they were banned in the US for ages but not sure if they still are now. Spit on my Grave was a bit silly, I enjoyed the original Last House on the Left though. Better (and more violent!!) than the more modern remake.

The second movie of I Spit on Your Grave was even worse. I liked the concept of the first one and I will admit I didn't really need to see the rape part so that was the moment I got up to get some coffee ;) 

Never seen Last House on the Left so I think I'll watch that one tonight. Thanks for the idea!

11 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Ahahaha omg so lame :P how is that even banned? *Shakes my head* so silly!! I was expecting something like Spit on my Grave or the original Last House on the Left.. they were banned in the US for ages but not sure if they still are now. Spit on my Grave was a bit silly, I enjoyed the original Last House on the Left though. Better (and more violent!!) than the more modern remake. Might watch that tonight while I do some fancy colouring actually I think ^_^

I don't think they are banned anymore. Though, might be hard to find. But, then, things like "I Love You Philip Morris", despite good reviews and starring two huge names are also hard to find here, so go figure. Yay for the internet making things available. 

1 minute ago, FictoVore. said:

Hah I know you were being silly with this comment but sadly the stuff they show in movies is nowhere near as creative or interesting that actual psychos do. I think they'd be pretty embarrassed by the stuff in movies and books knowing that people think they're actually that boring. Seriously, the sickness they're capable of has actually been known to make hardened cops cry and even commit suicide because they can't face what they learn (stuff the general public don't  get explosed to) and  there have been cases (random example, Fred West) where people got PTSD just from hearing West talk about what he did. What we see in films is generally literally child's play (invented by writers with immature and inexperienced minds) compared to the things people do in real life.

Exactly what i was thinking...

Like scream and all looks like a joke next to real serial killers....

The horrific things serial killers do,like keeping trophies of their dead victims,mutilating them,eating them(few of the lesser horrific things they do) are not shown in movies because its too disturbing.

All horror movies show is some masked guy chasing a big breasted girl who runs up the stairs instead of out the door . Thats not going to inspire serial killers. They'll probably just have a good laugh...

Cops actually commit suicide ? You serious ? Omg...i never knew !!!! 

1 minute ago, Always looking for answers said:

The second movie of I Spit on Your Grave was even worse. I liked the concept of the first one and I will admit I didn't really need to see the rape part so that was the moment I got up to get some coffee ;) 

Never seen Last House on the Left so I think I'll watch that one tonight. Thanks for the idea!

Both the old one and the new one have their merits. It's always interesting (for me anyway) watching banned movies to see what it was that made them banned, but there's a lot of rape so you might need to be prepared to make a lot of coffee!! :P haha. I hope you enjoy if you do watch!

1 minute ago, FictoVore. said:

Both the old one and the new one have their merits. It's always interesting (for me anyway) watching banned movies to see what it was that made them banned, but there's a lot of rape so you might need to be prepared to make a lot of coffee!! :P haha. I hope you enjoy if you do watch!

It all depends on the way the film the rapes. Don't know what it is, something with lighting or filters maybe. 

Don't know if you've seen it yet, but maybe you'll want to try Serbian Film. It's banned in 46 countries and seems to be horrific. Haven't been able to motivate myself enough to watch it though ;) 

There are case of murderers being influenced by violent films, but banning these films likely wouldn't have prevented these murderers from killing people, they would have just been inspired by something else or made something up on their own. The kind of people that would be influenced by these types of films are probably already in a dangerous state of mind beforehand so it's not really the films that are the problem. We already do our best to keep these films away from people who could be easily influenced/mentally affected, e.g. children, with age ratings and content warnings.

2 minutes ago, lazypanda said:

Cops actually commit suicide ? You serious ? Omg...i never knew !!!! 

I thought you were serious and was about to explain about the police scetch artist who committed suicide days after being in David Parker Ray's Toy Box then realised you were being facetious :P Yeah I think people who shudder at the violence in horror movies just don't understand how truly, utterly, unbelievably violent real serial killers actually are. If it's so bad that police officers etc who are trained to deal with such stuff actually commit suicide as a result of seeing it, it's not something the general public can ever be exposed to. It truly does make the stuff you see in movies look like a silly joke and in all honesty, makes me feel a bit sorry for those adults who are horrified and traumatised by the things they see in movies.. mainly because I don't know how they'd handle it if they ever learned by accident somehow about the things that actually happened in the Toy Box as a random example. :/

I can recall the "video nasty" era in the 80's, some of that is quite rightly banned. Real-life mutilation of fellow humans as "entertainment" is a no-no. 

This is different to say, a war film, depicting war crimes,  so people can be made aware of just how low humanity can sink 

6 minutes ago, Zsareph said:

The kind of people that would be influenced by these types of films are probably already in a dangerous state of mind beforehand so it's not really the films that are the problem. We already do our best to keep these films away from people who could be easily influenced/mentally affected, e.g. children, with age ratings and content warnings.

You're right, this is what people should be doing. You don't want to know how much shit I got when I mentioned to some people on a FB group that I thought it was a bad idea to let a 3 year old watch The Walking Dead,
"My kid knows it isn't real", "Zombies don't exist so he can watch"... Sure... The zombies aren't real. But the real people like Rick, Neegan, Morgan and Carol walk the streets and I'm just not sure if a little kid can understand the difference between a guy on TV who smashes peoples heads in with a baseball bat without being charged for murder, and the consequences in real life when you hit your neighbour with a baseball bat :/ 

I was seriously in shock parents didn't see the problem in this and didn't understand WHY there are age ratings!

6 minutes ago, Always looking for answers said:

It all depends on the way the film the rapes. Don't know what it is, something with lighting or filters maybe. 

Don't know if you've seen it yet, but maybe you'll want to try Serbian Film. It's banned in 46 countries and seems to be horrific. Haven't been able to motivate myself enough to watch it though ;) 

I actually saw Serbian film, it's banned mainly because EXTREME TMI TMI TMI it depicts the rape of an infant by a grown man END TMI and while of course that's awful..the things that actually really happy to babies around the world every day are a million times worse than a clearly fake depiction of that kind of thing. I do understand why that one is banned though as that's one of the most horrific things imaginable for many regular people and they might be scared pedos would get off to it or something,  though I personally would rather a pedo get off to something completely fake like that than actual child porn, or an actual child in real life, but that's a completely different topic!

2 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

makes me feel a bit sorry for those adults who are horrified and traumatised by the things they see in movies..

Haha...so true...they really need to grow up and become more aware of what all sick things happen in the world around them.....

I remember reading up about this serial killer who killed this child who had just gone to the drugstore across the street to get a candy. Thats all it takes. To be at the wrong place at the wrong time. To fall into the serial killers sight. He put the childs naked dead body in front of his house,with the childs skateboard and his clothes folded neatly next to him. Thats how terrible and cold blooded they are. 

Made a mental note to never let my kid out of my sight(haha,if i ever have kids that is ) !!! 

I don't think any horror movies should be banned. But I get what you're saying, I had this same problem with the remake of "IT." Since I have problems with seeing any kid or innocent thing get hurt, this movie made me literally sick to my stomach. I just wished they would have offered different viewings of it where some gory or disturbing parts were left out. It does make me concerned though that a lot of people are okay with watching a ton of gore and torture.

It just brings to mind Men in Black 2 where they edited out the "balls" on the Ballchinian alien for TV audiences. Maybe they could just have two versions on the movie, one unedited, and the other edited for theaters.

Just now, Always looking for answers said:

You're right, this is what people should be doing. You don't want to know how much shit I got when I mentioned to some people on a FB group that I thought it was a bad idea to let a 3 year old watch The Walking Dead,
"My kid knows it isn't real", "Zombies don't exist so he can watch"... Sure... The zombies aren't real. But the real people like Rick, Neegan, Morgan and Carol walk the streets and I'm just not sure if a little kid can understand the difference between a guy on TV who smashes peoples heads in with a baseball bat without being charged for murder, and the consequences in real life when you hit your neighbour with a baseball bat :/ 

I was seriously in shock parents didn't see the problem in this and didn't understand WHY there are age ratings!

OMG IM ON MY PHONE AND ACCIDENTALLY POSTED A VIOLENT TRAILER FOR A HORROR MOVIE HALF WAY THROUGH MY POST AND NOW I CANT DELETE IT BECAUSE MOBILE AVEN IS THE BANE OF MY LIFE. I'LL DELETE THE TRAILER OUT WHEN I GET ON MY COMP LATER BUT DON'T WATCH THE TRAILER UNLESS YOU LIKE VIOLENT HORROR. (I was watching trailers in a different tab as a result of this thread and must have somehow copy/pasted without knowing what I was doing. Do you think I can post a trailer on mobile when I want to?? NO I CAN'T!!!! lol).

Okay, on to my reply

I'm probably going to get shit for this but I'd actually let my kids watch the walking dead because it's fantasy and they love zombies, I just disagree with how stupid the show itself is. Those zombies walk so slow you could just run away from them and they'd never get you, even my 5 year old would be able to recognise that and think it's dumb, haha. They love Hunger Games as a random example but I think it's important to talk with them about what's happening, why it's happening, and think about what we'd do if it happened to us and how to get out of it. I personally think that's much healthier than watching something like Dora where this little 4 year old is left alone to wander around for days on end and no one blinks and eye.. that's totally not okay and a show like that is pretty much designed to dumb kids down. At least in something like The Hunger Games the characters show distress at their situation and can recognise that it's bad and they need to get out of it. You obviously have to explain to them that you can't do it to people in real life, and show footage about people getting arrested so they can understand what would happen if you hurt someone at school as a random example. But very few kids hurt other kids as a result of movies or videogames or whatever. I know in my cousin's school a 7 year old was sexually abusing the other kids but that's because he was being abused himself. That's what will cause violence etc in kids as opposed to seeing stuff on TV (in my opinion anyway).

11 minutes ago, lazypanda said:

I made a mental note to never let my kids out of my sight (haha,if i ever have kids that is ) !!! 

Yep I won't even let a babysitter look after them as I know no one can watch them as close as I can. School isn't so bad because there are lots of other kids around and I know both their teachers, but I always arrive early to get them and stay until school starts when I drop them off in the morning. My sister in law let's her 7 year old walk home on his own and says it's healthy for him to have to some freedom, but to me that's literally insane. You try to ask what they'd do if he doesn't get home and you can't find him, and they say 'oh that would never happen around here'. I'm pretty sure almost every parent of a kidnapped child has said that about the neighborhood they live in Y_Y I don't even let them play outside our house unless I'm watching them as we don't have a fence around our yard and I've read too many true stories about kids (even teenagers!!) just being snatched from their front yard while their parents were inside. I don't care if people think I'm paranoid, I'd rather be paranoid and have safe kids. I have shown them security camera footage of kids being snatched in malls etc who were able to get away so they know what to do if it happens. When you see and read about the things I have had to, you couldn't ethically not keep a constant eye on your kids and be incredibly diligent with their safety and ensure they know about the dangers in the world to help prepare them just in case. They're very happy, healthy, smart kids (my 7 year old even got a trophy at the end of the 2017 school year for Excellenc

e in all areas, out of all the kids in her school aged between like 5 and 10) so this kind of diligence about their safety and education isn't bad for them. It's very healthy if you ask me :)

Archived