I want to get castrated but i'm worried about side effects

fleurpop4

I talked to my uncle (he's a doctor) about castration, i told him i want to get castration and get rid of my sex drive, he keeps overreacting, he said there is no way to get ur testicles back etc... sex drive annoys me so much, should i be worried about side effects? thank you

EDIT: for the people who say you won't lose your sex drive after castration, actually; i only get sexually aroused when i'm horny, so getting castration will stop me from getting horny @Philip027 @Telecaster68 @Muledeer

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I honestly have no idea if there will be very many side effects if you go with it, you may have less effects than what a female bodied individual may experience. I want to be fixed as well but then again I'll never be sexual. It also may depend on where you live, they have a set age of when someone can decide to get themselves fixed. They'll tell you of what may happen after the surgery.

Perhaps you should talk to a professional who isn't related to you. Too close, maybe? Good luck!

3 hours ago, Tja said:

Perhaps you should talk to a professional who isn't related to you

Can't help with actual info and stuff, but @Tja is right- my dad's in healthcare, and it can sometimes be important to get outside opinions.

Sorry to say, but getting your bits removed is not necessarily going to remove your sex drive.  If anything it can just leave you even more frustrated that you're no longer able to act upon it.

Castrated pets still get aroused and try to have sex. It wouldn't necessarily help with any of that any more than increasing hormone levels will necessarily make someone not asexual. 

There was a Unich who was posting about a month ago, I think his name was bjbob or bjob or something like that.  Anyway, he still loves to give blowjobs so obviously being a Unich didn't reduce his sex drive.  there is an entire society of Unichs in India.  

1 minute ago, Telecaster68 said:

Eunuch. 

Thanks.  My spell checker was fucking up and I just couldn't find the right spelling for it.

That isn't a guarantee to remove your sex drive. And, the reason he is freaking out is probably because you require hormone production (which you want to remove) for many medical benefits, including decreased risk of cancer, weight control, heart health, hormone imbalances increase risk of diabetes, etc. Go to a  medical professional that is not as close to you, so they can explain it unemotionally. But, there are many side effects to consider with removing the thing that produces the majority of your hormones. And the benefit you're seeking is not guaranteed. 

butterflydreams
42 minutes ago, Serran said:

That isn't a guarantee to remove your sex drive. And, the reason he is freaking out is probably because you require hormone production (which you want to remove) for many medical benefits, including decreased risk of cancer, weight control, heart health, hormone imbalances increase risk of diabetes, etc. Go to a  medical professional that is not as close to you, so they can explain it unemotionally. But, there are many side effects to consider with removing the thing that produces the majority of your hormones. And the benefit you're seeking is not guaranteed. 

All of this.

In fact, if you did do it, they might insist you remain on hormone treatment for life, because not having sex hormones is bad for your health. 

Overall, I think there are much easier ways of dealing with a sex drive than removal of the testicles. I assume that’s what you mean by castration. Speaking as someone who plans to have an orchiectomy at some point, I can say I definitely still have a sex drive. Even with my natal sex hormones effectively gone now thanks to HRT.

30 minutes ago, butterflydreams said:

because not having sex hormones is bad for your health. 

What are the effects of not having sex hormones? 

I see this as someone choosing to get a sex change. This is a very major modification not only to your body, but also to how it will function ultimately after such surgical interventions.

This isn't something that you take lightly. You really should educate yourself fully via a medical professional. This is well over my pay grade, so my advice would be horrific.

i only get sexually aroused when i'm horny,

I don't understand the difference between the two, but whatever.  Just letting you know that you're not necessarily likely to get the result you want out of doing this and it's not just something you can easily "take back" afterward either.

If you don't replace hormones, that's a good way to incur osteoporosis.

Couple of points here 

As others have said the removal of testes will have major effects on the body. Generally a reduction in masculine features, such as facial hair etc. In some (not all) cases it can result in partial femininisation of the body, including fat distribution, reduction in muscle mass, possibly breast development, affect mental health and all sorts. 

The good news is that it can  reduce your risk of getting male diseases such as prostate cancer, the bad news is that it can increase the likelihood of getting diseases more common in females, such as osteoporosis and breast cancer. 

Eunuchs can still experience libido, get erections etc, so don't assume that bilateral orchectomy will change that. 

Also remember that in all humans the adrenal glands secrete small amounts of testosterone and you can't get rid of them 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 4:29 AM, Skycaptain said:

Also remember that in all humans the adrenal glands secrete small amounts of testosterone and you can't get rid of them 

Also, remember that testosterone metabolizes into estrogen by the action of an enzyme called aromatase. Because of the action of another enzyme called 5 alpha reductase, testosterone also metabolizes into the stronger androgen called dihydrotestosterone.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:13 AM, backflopip4 said:

i only get sexually aroused when i'm horny, 

They are the same thing.

It depends if you mean physically or mentally aroused. Mentally aroused is the same as horny, but it's possible to be physically aroused without being mentally aroused, and vice versa.

3 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

It depends if you mean physically or mentally aroused. Mentally aroused is the same as horny, but it's possible to be physically aroused without being mentally aroused, and vice versa.

I don't think the OP was getting that complex. 

Archived