New Here!

fall

Hello AVEN! I'm Alex, a high school sophomore living in Florida. I also have 2 identical triplet brothers who are not asexual. I'm into Mario Kart 7, foreign languages, and retro music and gaming so I guess weird hobbies run in the family! You'll usually find me listening to vaporwave or retro pop and R&B.

Personally I have felt no sexual attraction to anyone at my school, and really no one at all. I see other kids talking about sex and their bodies and other people's, and for some reason it confuses me. I never fully understood the reason for my asexuality, and nor did people in my household. I simply never felt that kind of attraction other kids seemed to have.

Although I haven't given much thought to my sexual identity until recently, I still hope to find here a community that understands how asexuality and the asexual community works. Thanks AVEN!

Welcome to AVEN :) :cake:

WEEEELLLLLCOOOOMEEEE

YES YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE.

This is the single largest gathering of people that are asexual so have fun.

OH HAVE CAKE.

:) Hi! :cake:

1 hour ago, AlexG said:

...I also have 2 identical triplet brothers who are not asexual...

That's interesting. I've heard at least a couple of members mention they have a twin sibling, who isn't asexual, but I haven't come across other members who have identical triplet siblings, before. I wonder whether asexual researchers would find this interesting, as well, in helping them discover whether there's a specific gene that causes asexuality or not.

I have a sibling who isn't a twin, and who, from what he said, appears to be either gray-sexual or demi-sexual.

4 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

:) Hi! :cake:

That's interesting. I've heard at least a couple of members mention they have a twin sibling, who isn't asexual, but I haven't come across other members who have identical triplet siblings, before. I wonder whether asexual researchers would find this interesting, as well, in helping them discover whether there's a specific gene that causes asexuality or not.

I have a sibling who isn't a twin, and who, from what he said, appears to be either gray-sexual or demi-sexual.

It’s definitely interesting, though it’s not at all unheard of for identical siblings to have different orientations. Identical siblings have different epigenetics. I bet we’ll see an asexual twin study at some point in the future, which would be very cool!

1 hour ago, AlexG said:

Hello AVEN! I'm Alex, a high school sophomore living in Florida. I also have 2 identical triplet brothers who are not asexual. I'm into Mario Kart 7, foreign languages, and retro music and gaming so I guess weird hobbies run in the family! You'll usually find me listening to vaporwave or retro pop and R&B.

Personally I have felt no sexual attraction to anyone at my school, and really no one at all. I see other kids talking about sex and their bodies and other people's, and for some reason it confuses me. I never fully understood the reason for my asexuality, and nor did people in my household. I simply never felt that kind of attraction other kids seemed to have.

Although I haven't given much thought to my sexual identity until recently, I still hope to find here a community that understands how asexuality and the asexual community works. Thanks AVEN!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the community you’re looking for.

Welcome! If your looking for a place to ask the big,self-reflective questions then you've come to the right place. AVEN is all about acceptance and mutual understanding. I hope you enjoy it here :) 

csc_8469.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN ! :D

I hope you'll have a good time here, and find everything you've been looking for ! Safety, acceptance, posivity...Everything !

Oh my, where are my manners ? Here, have some cake !

bfd7826203a1326fcce32b8b2d1d6645.jpg

Oookayyy this is a little too much..But when I saw you were a Mario Kart fan, I couldn't resist finding the perfect cake !

Here, have some, or the whole cake if you feel like it ! :lol:

Thanks all for the warm welcome and to those who may do so in the future! Have some cake everyone, it's only fair:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

sleep&music618

Hey, welcome to AVEN! I'm also a high school sophomore! If you wanna be friends, let me know!!

As I recent AVEN member myself, I personally welcome you to this fun and informative forum. :cake: 8)

Archived