Transformation Street

Acing It

Did anyone see this on ITV yesterday? Great programme but the usual 'nasty' and ignorant people were coming out of the woodwork even before it started, even on the normally nice in my experience mumsnet (see below). You can still watch it on the ITV website and there's another one next week apparently. Well worth watching!

I saw it advertised last night and really wanted to watch it, but my dad was planning on coming home at 8:30 and it was scheduled for 9 (he actually didn't come back until half 11 so I could have watched it if he'd let me know :( )  I was thinking of looking online for it, if it's still on the website  I'll watch it tonight/tomorrow ^.^

Just now, OptimisticPessimist said:

^^

Beat me to it. It may not work outside the UK though.

that's true... (nanananaana!) I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on youtube at some point.

52 minutes ago, Acing It said:

Here's the link should you have trouble finding it tomorrow: https://www.itv.com/hub/transformation-street/2a4729a0001

Your dad not a fan then? ^_^

Thank you :) I haven't officially asked him about his views on LGBT people (I daren't), but from his behaviour and some stories my mum has told me I have reason to believe they're not great. 

Same here. My parents and brother aren't great either, but it's their culture I think. They haven't grown up with this either. They tolerate my asynchronicities - they're not talked about, but I know for a fact that none of them are great with transgender people for instance. They are all lovely people though, which is the funny thing.

They sometimes go have a drink on a terrace somewhere and have an icecream. There's this place where one of the waitresses is trans m to f. Whenever they walk past the place they say something like "that's where that 'transmorfed' (they use another offensive word in their own language, one that doesn't translate) bloke works". I wisely shut up... I wouldn't with other people, though. They still see gay people as people to snigger at. I can sort of understand that from my parents as times are massively different now, but my brother? I don't get it. Good luck with yours!

Siimo van der fietspad

Shhh, but if you use a browser called Epic Privacy it has the option of a UK proxy and you should be able to watch it through that...

As for the comments it's a full house in the transphobia bingo card.  One person is called 'Spinsterf'.  What really annoys me is that these people are, presumably, parents and are going to be bringing children up and pass on their poisonous hatred.  But things are gradually, slowly, getting better in society. The doctor himself seems very informed about trans issues and is brave to be going ahead and helping people who need it, as well as speaking out for us.

I watched this show with my Mum and we both really enjoyed it. It was handled very well, and everyone working at the clinic was great. I felt the Mum of the ftm kid was very real and honest and admitted how much she struggled with it whilst still being totally supportive. I think the more people see this kind of thing, the more they learn  about it - I think most ignorant people are just scared and need to be educated. 

• 2 weeks later...

The last episode is starting now! ;-) and in an hour on ITV+1

2 hours ago, Acing It said:

The last episode is starting now! ;-) and in an hour on ITV+1

I've been watching it using the itv website (again, thank you for posting the link :) ) going to watch today's episode later tonight.

Archived