Hello, What is my gender?

Graceless_Ace

Graceless_Ace

I am biologically female, but I don't quite think I'm female. I know I'm not male. I feel so much better when people refer to me as a They, instead of a She. Using Her/She pronouns kinda feels like wearing ill-fitting clothes... I don't think i'm non-binary? I might be agender, but can you be agender and still like dresses and long hair? Also, I am in the Air Training Corps, and they force you to be binary. I also attend a girls-only school. Is it worth it to wear my ill-fitting clothes for a bit longer? Does anybody else feel this way? if you could help that would be great thank you.

Forgotten Fox

Hey there! Nonbinary person here ready to help you out :)

First off of course you can still wear dresses and have long hair even if you're agender as gender expression does not = gender identity (Ex. A cis girl can dress very masculine but still identify as female)

Nonbinary is a nice umbrella term for people who don't fit the binaries, but don't have an exact label/identity yet. If you aren't sure what your gender identity is, no worries! You have time to explore different genders and find what works for you no matter what it turns out to be. Pronouns are a good start for this btw. If you want more information you can always chat with other users in here for their personal insight or have them explain specific terms.

I hope that clears a few things up for you ^_^

Hello,

I have very similar feelings like you about (except I am feeling much more comfortable using he pronouns), but I am also not completly sure about my gender (maybe also because I didnt hardly question it in childhood like in most posts I read, so now maybe people wouldnt take me seriously in this or thought I meant it like some joke or bad habit )

Sorry for not help Ing too much  (I know I probanky should write my own threat but I guess I am too shy for it )

Graceless_Ace

Thank you guys! It's great there are people who can and will help me out.

Just Somebody

Pretty sure you can be either a gender nonconforming/genderqueer cisgirl or an non-binary agender,  you know what ? Gender identity is what you wanna be called rn.  if you suddenly desire to call yourself a girl or an agender,  srly,  just go for it, it doesn't matter the reasons behind,  have fun.

Archived