• B+
    • AB-
    • AB+
    • Don't know
    • Not willing to say

This poll is closed to new votes

BinaryFission

Hello!

I was just curious on blood types because I found out mine recently, and I was wondering what is the most common blood type or whatever on here. This is for fun, not for statistics or data. 

Just Somebody
8 minutes ago, God. said:

0-

You should donate blood , you can save everyone.

O-! I found out when I first gave blood last year so now I make it a point to give as frequently as possible. Although at some point due to living abroad, I’ll become ineligible in my home country and I suspect I’m already ineligible in the UK for similar reasons though I haven’t been able to find a precise answer on the latter online. 

scarletlatitude

O+

Can't donate because it makes me pass out. Somewhere around the second bag, my brain just decides it's time to shut down the system and I lose consciousness. Not so fun times. :( 

Just Somebody
7 minutes ago, scarletlatitude said:

O+

Can't donate because it makes me pass out. Somewhere around the second bag, my brain just decides it's time to shut down the system and I lose consciousness. Not so fun times. :( 

Same blood type, same thing.

I wish I knew. Forgot to ask when I had a blood test a year ago. All I know is that my mom's not compatible with me, so that rules out AB+

I just know it isn’t AB since my mom is O. I am a little curious what my blood type is but I’ve never found out.

O-

I can't donate blood though.

WinterWanderer

No idea. I wish I knew. But I can't give blood anyway, as I don't weigh 110 pounds. And I likely never will, as I'd be nearing obesity at that weight.

2 minutes ago, Fioryn said:

No idea. I wish I knew. But I can't give blood anyway, as I don't weigh 110 pounds. And I likely never will, as I'd be nearing obesity at that weight.

How tall are you?

WinterWanderer
7 minutes ago, TheAP said:

How tall are you?

4'6". I weigh around 95 now. It's the most I've ever weighed, and I actually need to lose a few pounds. :P I'm pretty curvy. Either that or just replace some fat with muscle. According to the BMI calculator, a normal weight for me is somewhere between 78 and 100 pounds. I liked my build at 85.

If I ever kept up a workout regimen. I could probably safely go up to 110. But I don't know.

4 hours ago, scarletlatitude said:

O+

Same! I want to help people but I have low blood pressure and I pass out.

Knight of Cydonia

A+.

I try to donate when I can. However, apparently I have small veins and very, very slow blood flow when donating, so I'm not always successful at it.

J. van Deijck

A-

one of the rarest types :P I can't 

donate, though. my health doesn't allow me.

J. van Deijck
On 12/01/2018 at 3:14 AM, Rynn said:

4'6". I weigh around 95 now. It's the most I've ever weighed, and I actually need to lose a few pounds. :P I'm pretty curvy. Either that or just replace some fat with muscle. According to the BMI calculator, a normal weight for me is somewhere between 78 and 100 pounds. I liked my build at 85.

If I ever kept up a workout regimen. I could probably safely go up to 110. But I don't know.

omg you're less than 1.40m tall? *.* :3

Not sure.

I asked my mum, she replied if it is the same as her, it is O+

I'm not sure. I made the test once, but I don't really remember the type I got. I think it was A+, but I'm not really sure.

I don't know for sure, but I think I'm A+ ... 

On 1/11/2018 at 1:05 PM, BinaryFission said:

Hello!

I was just curious on blood types because I found out mine recently, and I was wondering what is the most common blood type or whatever on here. This is for fun, not for statistics or data. 

Go here and scroll down to "Blood Types and the Population"

https://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types.html

One sure way to find out your blood type is to donate blood. They'll give you a card indicating your type. :) And you'll feel good that you donated.

A+

I always joke that it's the overachiever blood type because letter grades :P

On 1/11/2018 at 9:06 PM, Rynn said:

Wow, I didn't know that was a thing! I range between 107-111lbs, so I suppose it'd be questionable for me too. Don't know the policies on trans people giving blood either. Too bad too, because I'm so accustomed to drawing blood for medical tests that I'd probably be easy to work with. :P

On 1/11/2018 at 9:14 PM, Rynn said:

Always interesting to see what weight ranges work from person-to-person. My twin and I are both 5'3", but while I'm better off around the 110lb mark, my sis naturally sits near the 95lb mark. Doctors always insist that my sis gain weight, but she definitely doesn't starve or malnourish herself; she's just got a small frame. The smallest I ever weighed (101lbs) was probably the most my sister ever weighed, and I can say that I was not built to get that light.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

My daughter and I are both A+, but her blood is really vital to the blood bank as she hasn't has RSV virus as a baby, so she can donate to the local neo natal units.

One thing that I find interesting is that some blood types are more common among some populations and less common among others. I think the scientific belief is that it is due to "founder's effect" or possibly some bottleneck that caused the percentages of blood types to differ from the general wider population.

arekathevampyre

O+ . I have not donated blood before but most probably can't because I suffer from frequent headaches and other health issues . Also , I intend to get inked and people with tattoos are not allowed to give blood here . I don't know why . 😕

Archived