Romantic Attraction Frequency & Labels

Xenobot

Romantic Attraction Frequency & Labels  

108 members have voted

1. 1. On average, how many people do you feel romantically attracted to in a five year period?

• 0, and I identify as aromantic.
    • 0, and I don’t identify as aromantic.
    • 1 or 2, and I identify as grey aromantic
    • 1 or 2, and I don’t identify as grey aromantic
    • 3-5, and I identify as grey aromantic
    • 3-5, and I don’t identify as grey aromantic
    • 6+
    • Other (please explain below)

This poll is closed to new votes

I’m just curious to see what is average, and where people personally draw the line label-wise.

Maybe 1 or 2 and I identify as heteromantic.

Probably around 1 crush every 5 years; if not a few more years. And I identify as Gray-biromantic/Gray-romantic rather than Gray-aro because I can desire a relationship IRL. I am partial to Bi-Aroflexible, but it hasn't made its way into my use of things yet.

3-5(but they’re almost always fictional characters) and I identify as gray romantic.

I average 1 romantic interest every 5 years, but I do not identify as grey aro. I have a lot of romantic fantasies about fictional characters (being romantic with each other... I’m not included).

I'm biromantic, though I recently figured that out, I used to think of myself as heteromantic, mostly because that's all I had really known. I don't often have romantic attractions because I'm really out of touch with romantic feelings I ever have. And also my feelings generally, but yeah....

I've had 4 romantic interests in the past 5 years. One just was kinda thing I guess (it was like a month and a half to 2) the second was mentally, emotionally and sexually abusive. The third didn't work out and we never actually officially dated and the fourth is my current relationship which is doing MUCHHHHH better than the last two.

And well if fictional characters count than hAHAHAHHAAHHAHH there's a lot. 

Last time (of two) was more than 15 years ago. These two were in the space of less than a year.

I voted "other" because I don't do this "I identify as" thing.

None and aromantic 

WinterWanderer

I don't currently identify in terms of romantic attraction, as I'm not really sure which of my desires have been crushes or squishes. I'm thinking maybe 1 or 2 in a 5-year period, but those might have been squishes.

0 - Aromantic

But I do develop a (plainly platonic) Sensual attraction for close friends and family. It works a bit like any Demi attraction, its odd >_<

Probably 3 - 5 and I'm panromantic.

About one a year. I guess I identify as grey-aromantic.

Unsure, I haven't found a definition of romantic attraction that I've felt I've ever had, but I have wanted a close platonic relationship with a few people over the course of my life.

J. van Deijck

1 or 2, not more.

but I actually identify as demi-homoromantic. 

In that sort of time frame, it can be anywhere between 0 to 5 or 6. In the roughly 4 years I've been here on AVEN, i've had maybe 3 or 4 crushes, while I had none in the roughly 3 years prior. I'm grey ro.

This is a difficult question. I can’t tell the difference between my platonic and romantic interests and when I am interested in someone I prefer to act platonically first.

girlwiththelongskirt

I've had my first crush ever this year (he didn't like me back :'( ) and it was a weird experience because I finally understood what 'liking someone' means (or at lest to some extent I understand). I still didn't want to kiss him, or have sex with him but I did (do) realy like him.

• 4 weeks later...

I will easily get a school boy crush on someone I know, but it passes quickly.

In the last 5 years I have not felt romantic attraction towards anyone or any other attraction that was not aesthetic or maybe sexual very weak, so weak that I almost did not notice it (I'm still trying to understand what I truly felt in these situations). During my life, I only felt really strong attraction towards 2 people more than 10 years ago: one was purely aesthetic and the other could or not be romantic. Due to this I don't identify with any label. 

I answered Other in the poll.

Hard 0. Only "crushes" I've ever had i was talked into. Finally figured out I was aro when I was talked into "oh, he likes you? Do you like him?" "I mean, we're friends." "But you like him, right?" And then I started having anxiety about liking someone and about even the idea off being in a relationship. I can handle knowing someone has a crush on me, but don't ask me to reciprocate. 

• 11 months later...
Chloe O'Leary

I'll only have very few cruses in a 5-year time span (I answered 1 or 2), but I identify as demiromantic, rather than grey.

• 2 weeks later...

@Xenobot

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived