I may be transgender

em3

So heres the basic thing for me:  after this talk, i'll go back to daily living, unchanged, thinking the whole thing is too technical.  Ill probably continue ignoring the entire thing and being unbothered. I think it mostly just helps to know there are people out there who sometimes have this sort of strange inside feeling that in some ways they are a girl, despite being a boy.  its not a bad thing, but it does bother me alot sometimes. so do so many other things. i just keep going.  oh well.  thank you for the help and it was nice meeting both of you and lets keep talking.  i appreciate talking with you today and hope this is not the end of the conversation.. :)

Taylor Lilith
1 minute ago, Just Somebody said:

No problem i guess.

Sometimes I forget that,  but I'll use myself as an example, I'm genderfluid and technically I'm non-binary,  transgender and multigender,  all these are synonymous.

One of the genders I "float" in BTW is androgyne, but that doesn't mean when I call myself androgyne that I'll be showing an androgynous gender expression.

I have a lot I can go by, genderqueer, genderfluid, nonbinary, technically pangender and transgender.  Sometimes I'll use the same label someone else is using to make it easier for them.  This thread uses androgynous, I usually use gender neutral, neutrois but I usually use agender, in the case of this thread usually binary bigender since I do three types.  Just a word.  Up until now I had a million labels on my sexuality as well until I finally put it together into one.  So, I feel ya.  

Just Somebody
3 minutes ago, TaylorWaffle said:

I have a lot I can go by, genderqueer, genderfluid, nonbinary, technically pangender and transgender.  Sometimes I'll use the same label someone else is using to make it easier for them.  This thread uses androgynous, I usually use gender neutral, neutrois but I usually use agender, in the case of this thread usually binary bigender since I do three types.  Just a word.  Up until now I had a million labels on my sexuality as well until I finally put it together into one.  So, I feel ya.  

Well androgyne as of bi-gender and neutrois are genderqueer gender identities.

While androgynous , ambiguous and unisex/gender neutral are genderqueer gender expressions.

Just Somebody
1 minute ago, em3 said:

So heres the basic thing for me:  after this talk, i'll go back to daily living, unchanged, thinking the whole thing is too technical.  Ill probably continue ignoring the entire thing and being unbothered. I think it mostly just helps to know there are people out there who sometimes have this sort of strange inside feeling that in some ways they are a girl, despite being a boy.  its not a bad thing, but it does bother me alot sometimes. so do so many other things. i just keep going.  oh well.  thank you for the help and it was nice meeting both of you and lets keep talking.  i appreciate talking with you today and hope this is not the end of the conversation.. :)

In the end of the day, NOBODY is a boy or girl just based on their looks and manners, there's no way we can know without asking. There's no rules to gender, somebody who looks like a pretty cis woman can be a guy. 

Well androgyne as of bi-gender and neutrois are genderqueer gender identities.

While androgynous and unisex/gender neutral are both genderqueer gender expressions.

Hm, so maybe I would be bigender gender identity and androgynous gender expression, or demi-neurtrois gender identity and demi-gender neutral gender expression. 

Is there such a thing as demigender? That is totally me.

Taylor Lilith
1 minute ago, em3 said:

Hm, so maybe I would be bigender gender identity and androgynous gender expression, or demi-neurtrois gender identity and demi-gender neutral gender expression. 

Yes demiboy, demigirl, demiagender etc

Just Somebody
Just now, em3 said:

Demigender,  usually multigender people use this to refer to their "parts".

I mean I'm genderfluid and sometimes I'm a girl, so that makes me partially a girl,  so I can call myself a demiGIRL. Same apply to demiboy,  demiandrogyne,  demineutrois,  demiEVeRYTHING.  haha.

Taylor Lilith

I mean I'm genderfluid and sometimes I'm a girl, so that makes me partially a girl,  so I can call myself a demiGIRL. Same apply to demiboy,  demiandrogyne,  demineutrois,  demiEVeRYTHING.  haha.

Demigenders are also completely defined genders. I have a friend that stabilized on demigirl after they started HRT. 

5 minutes ago, Just Somebody said:

Wow, I think I might have found it. Would demi-bigender for gender identity, or demi-androgenous for gender expression, make sense?  I feel like that would fit... and the other half of the coin would be demi-agender and demi-neutrois, then?  So am I gender fluid for gender identity and non binary for gender expression?

edit maybe demi boy, but i do want to include the 'girl' inside :P

Just Somebody
Just now, TaylorWaffle said:

Demigenders are also completely defined genders. I have a friend that stabilized on demigirl after they started HRT. 

Oh yeah, that too, I have a friend who identifies as demigirl because she says that her gender non-conforming expression/behavior/look makes her feel only "partially a girl".

Just Somebody
Just now, em3 said:

Wow, I think I might have found it. Would demi-bigender for gender identity, or demi-androgenous for gender expression, make sense?  I feel like that would fit... and the other half of the coin would be demi-agender and demi-neutrois, then?  So am I gender fluid for gender identity and non binary for gender expression?

DemiTHINGs only work for gender identities and not expressions.

Expressions are : masculine, feminine, genderqueer (androgynous, ambiguous, neutral/unisex/gender neutral, other)

You can be neutrois or demineutrois,  do you feel comfortable with the word ? Gender identity is just a word you feel comfortable hearing at the moment . So yeah that's it.

DemiTHINGs only work for gender identities and not expressions.

Expressions are : masculine, feminine, genderqueer (androgynous, ambiguous, neutral/unisex/gender neutral, other)

You can be neutrois or demineutrois,  do you feel comfortable with the word ? Gender identity is just a word you feel comfortable hearing at the moment . So yeah that's it.

Hm, I think I would be demi for expression, though, because i tend to be very gender neutral but definitely not in the 100% absence that makes me aromantic. Like, aromantic is very clear because romance is never ever there. whereas i usually act unisex for expression but it is not 100% the way aromantic clearly is. and  I would also be most comfortable with people identifying me as neutrois or demineutrois. 

Taylor Lilith

Demi as a prefix basically means less than. Demi romantic, Demisexual, Demigenders. Just like pan means all or bi means two. Just a prefix to modify a word. 

Just Somebody
5 minutes ago, TaylorWaffle said:

Demi as a prefix basically means less than. Demi romantic, Demisexual, Demigenders. Just like pan means all or bi means two. Just a prefix to modify a word. 

Yeah, romantic orientation, sexualidade orientation, gender identity and expression are different things.

7 minutes ago, em3 said:

Hm, I think I would be demi for expression, though, because i tend to be very gender neutral but definitely not in the 100% absence that makes me aromantic. Like, aromantic is very clear because romance is never ever there. whereas i usually act unisex for expression but it is not 100% the way aromantic clearly is. and  I would also be most comfortable with people identifying me as neutrois or demineutrois. 

Yeah you could have an unisex gender expression, crossdress,  Do whatever you want and identify as demineutrois or boy or girl or whatever you think that "feels right" to hear at the moment.

Taylor Lilith

My gender expression is feminine but I'm not always a woman. I love cute dresses, purses, and my favorite shirts are spaghetti straps. Expression has barely any reflection on gender. Sometimes overly masculine clothing will bother me but not forever. 

Just Somebody
Just now, TaylorWaffle said:

My gender expression is feminine but I'm not always a woman. I love cute dresses, purses, and my favorite shirts are spaghetti straps. Expression has barely any reflection on gender. Sometimes overly masculine clothing will bother me but not forever. 

Yeah, nice example.

I'm genderfluid as I said, even though sometimes I feel like to call myself a  boy (the reasons never matter for anybody tho), I can still act feminine and make my body look more feminine and call myself a lady or whatever, that's gender expression and gender expression doesn't align with gender identity all the time for everybody.

Taylor Lilith

And nail polish so long as it's not pink. Pink is a highly gendered color no matter where you go. I turn up agender with pink nails and I will hate myself for being alive. Black, green, taupe so long as not pink. Color is really the only thing that bothers me. 

Taylor Lilith

Yeah, nice example.

I'm genderfluid as I said, even though sometimes I feel like to call myself a  boy (the reasons never matter for anybody tho), I can still act feminine and make my body look more feminine and call myself a lady or whatever, that's gender expression and gender expression doesn't align with gender identity all the time for everybody.

I had already submitted my reply but see my last post for an example. 

Archived