Very confused (gender)

TheTrashman

Hi there. I've been having trouble with gender lately and I wasn't sure where to go.

I've been feeling really uncomfortable about my body in a lot of ways. Sometimes about the usual stuff like arms/legs/stomach (things that my therapist will probably cover eventually haha) but other times I get really bothered by things like my hips and hair. 

I wanna lose weight for one thing but also I want to lose my hips. (Ok maybe not actually lose them since they keep my legs attached) I absolutely hate them. They stick out too much and they feel weird on me. 

In addition I really dislike my hair.  I don't know why it just bothers me. I'd cut it shorter but two problems arise with this-

1) My face is too oddly shaped to match a shorter hairstyle (although I do plan to get v-line surgery when I have money and a passport) 

2) I worry about what will happen if I cut it. I know it will grow back if I don't like it but my hair in particular grows really really slow. Also I worry about how other people will see me. I'm often quite misunderstood so I feel this is another thing people might not get. (Side note: I don't worry about what everybody thinks and I'm not looking for new friends or whatever I think it's more the people I look up to. 

Lastly, if you were to ask how I identify right now I'd honestly have to say I don't know. I often like dressing in baggy clothes and strive for a slim figure. Despite my distaste for my feminine form, I do like some of the things I can do with my hair at this length. (Also I'm aware longer hair can be gender neutral. I love 80s glam rock) 

Still I don't really identify as a girl at all. It feels more like a costume anytime I dress femininely (which is why I hardly do it) but I still don't feel like a boy entirely either. I do admit I like the slim boy look and the lack of protruding hips in general but I don't envy the low voice. I don't want to alter my voice since. 

I'm sorry if this is kinda scatterbrained I'm not the best with words. In any case thank you for the help or even just the consideration.

Have a lovely morning/afternoon/evening 

Hello. *waves*

First of all, I'm sorry I can't really help you. I'm still questioning myself and I don't experience a lot of dysphoria (at least that's what your description sounds like), so I don't think I'm really qualified.

On another note, you are not alone with these things. We have a forum entirely dedicated to gender and everything that comes with it. You should definitely check it out if you haven't already.

I hope you'll find some answers there.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Gender Discussion.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

13 hours ago, Tintenfeder said:

Hello. *waves*

First of all, I'm sorry I can't really help you. I'm still questioning myself and I don't experience a lot of dysphoria (at least that's what your description sounds like), so I don't think I'm really qualified.

On another note, you are not alone with these things. We have a forum entirely dedicated to gender and everything that comes with it. You should definitely check it out if you haven't already.

I hope you'll find some answers there.

Could you direct me to that? Also are we allowed to repost on the proper form or should I delete it first?

Also thank you for the support. I hope you figure it out as well. Gender can be difficult sometimes.

1 minute ago, TheTrashman said:

Could you direct me to that? Also are we allowed to repost on the proper form or should I delete it first?

Also thank you for the support. I hope you figure it out as well. Gender can be difficult sometimes.

Oh never mind someone got it.

Still, thanks and have a nice day

Archived