LONG TERM HEALTHY solutions for hiding BIG breasts?

Just Somebody

Just Somebody

Hi, I'm new here, and apparently I'm genderfluid.

I've been wondering if there is any safe method to hide big boobs across the years (most likely for a life time)  without damaging skin/ribs/lungs, specially ribs and lungs. Do anyone have any ideas?

I'm just plain tired of looking up for information and only finding bad news or finding no data what-so-ever. I mean it just makes it looks like that genderfluid people don't exist, well it also seems like trans people don't exist, so tired of nobody caring for our issues, our health, why isn't nobody researching safer/healthier alternatives to binding ? I can't believe it, like trans people suffocating theirselves for centuries and nobody cares, nobody comes up with a solution, just bad news...

I'll be willing to discuss the alternatives I found on reddit, quora, AVEN  and Tumblr....

- strapless compression sports bras (maybe doubling them with one backwards As long as they're not a size smaller is healthier? ) , (folding them can work too I guess)

-compression/sports/gynecomastia wear

-kinesiology tape with tissue for nipples

-folded camis/camisoles

-harnesses

-bandeaus

-neoprene bands/waist trimmers

-bellybands/bodyshape gear

-swimsuits

-rashguards

-clothing layering

-baggy men's button-down clothes with dark colors or big and irregular patterns or vertical strips and pockets in the breasts

-vests, suspenders, scarves, overalls

-minimizer bras

-binding bras

-comercial zipper strapless binders

-bralettes

-folded cami with compression sports bra

-breastfeeding baby support

Well, I'm out of ideas, I wish I knew something very little flawless,  I guess you can't have flat compression, health and comfort all the same time.. . *sigh* sadly.

I have very large breasts (I'm an M cup US on a small frame, my boobs cover my entire torso down to where my hips start) and the best way I have to hide them is to actually not wear a bra (so they hang down over the body instead of pulled upwards and out) and wearing a big puffy jacket over all that. People assume my boobs are a big fat stomach, even though my stomach itself is actually quite small under the boobs.

10 minutes ago, Just Somebody said:

I mean it just makes it looks like that genderfluid people don't exist, well it also seems like trans people don't exist,

I do have to say here, it's more than NATURE doesn't care that genderfluid people don't exist because if it wants to give someone large breasts, it will, regardless of how you identify. It would be really difficult to invent a way to safely completely flatten large breasts because even if one could avoid damage to the ribs and lungs, the tissue in the breasts themselves will be damaged over time which can lead to an increased risk of breast cancer. So it's not people themselves being unwilling to create safe 'boob squishing' methods, it's NATURE that grew them and is just like 'I don't care what gender you identify with, I'm giving you huge breasts regardless' But yeah my best healthy solution is to let people think I have a big fat tummy (or a couple of people have thought I was pregnant).. it's just sadly not attractive or aesthetically appealing in any way.

Just Somebody
Just now, FictoVore. said:

I have very large breasts (I'm an M cup US on a small frame, my boobs cover my entire torso down to where my hips start) and the best way I have to hide them is to actually not wear a bra (so they hang down over the body instead of pulled upwards and out) and wearing a big puffy jacket over all that. People assume my boobs are a big fat stomach, even though my stomach itself is actually quite small under the boobs.

I do have to say here, it's more than NATURE doesn't care that genderfluid people don't exist because if it wants to give someone large breasts, it will, regardless of how you identify. It would be really difficult to invent a way to safely completely flatten large breasts because even if one could avoid damage to the ribs and lungs, the tissue in the breasts themselves will be damaged over time which can lead to an increased risk of breast cancer. So it's not people themselves being unwilling to create safe 'boob squishing' methods, it's NATURE that grew them and is just like 'I don't care what gender you identify with, I'm giving you huge breasts regardless' But yeah my best healthy solution is to let people think I have a big fat tummy (or a couple of people have thought I was pregnant).. it's just sadly not attractive or aesthetically appealing in any way.

OMG!  I just realized something! Mother nature is the biggest transmisogynistic bitch!

As for what you said.... I prefer to have hope. Look I think nobody ever thought it would be possible for  2 people from different parts of the globe be talking to each other so fast and easily before the Internet and smartphones were created, but look we are here now, we are humans, we can do anything! We just can't lose hope...

2 minutes ago, Just Somebody said:

OMG!  I just realized something! Mother nature is the biggest transmisogynistic bitch!

As for what you said.... I prefer to have hope. Look I think nobody ever thought it would be possible for  2 people from different parts of the globe be talking to each other so fast and easily before the Internet and smartphones were created, but look we are here now, we are humans, we can do anything! We just can't lose hope...

The other option of course is surgery but even that has it's safety issues which is why I decided never to get a reduction even though the govt would fund one for me.. I just don't want to risk doing damage to myself that wasn't there to start with!! D: Probably surgery will be much safer in the future though!

Just Somebody
Just now, FictoVore. said:

The other option of course is surgery but even that has it's safety issues which is why I decided never to get a reduction even though the govt would fund one for me.. I just don't want to risk doing damage to myself that wasn't there to start with!! D: Probably surgery will be much safer in the future though!

Totally understand, well as I said... all we can do is hope and wait and try to live the best we can today and that's OK.

Now for surgery , even reductions have risks and a lot of people lose sensation and the hability to breastfeed. .. sadly. Motherfucking mothernature, that ableist pig!

Not sure exactly what else you could be hoping for in this sort of department other than surgery, and to be frank, you should consider yourself fortunate that that's even an option in this day and age because it hasn't always been that way.  For most of the time humanity has existed on this planet, if someone was born with an aspect of their body they didn't particularly like... tough shit.  You had to play the hand you were dealt.  This is gradually changing and boobs are probably more customizable than Barbie dolls nowadays, but is still true in many aspects, such as with people born with certain disabilities or deformities.

It isn't so much that people think trans people don't exist.  It's more like there's only so much that can be done just with clothing, and as you pointed out already, stuff like binders already test that limit (to the point where they aren't safe to wear for prolonged periods of time)

Just Somebody
17 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Not sure exactly what you could be hoping for in this sort of department other than surgery, and to be frank, you should consider yourself fortunate that that's even an option in this day and age because it hasn't always been that way.  For most of the time humanity has existed on this planet, if someone was born with an aspect of their body they didn't particularly like... tough shit.  You had to play the hand you were dealt.  This is gradually changing and boobs are probably more customizable than Barbie dolls nowadays, but is still true in many aspects, such as with people born with certain disabilities or deformities.

It isn't so much that people think trans people don't exist.  It's more like there's only so much that can be done just with clothing, and as you pointed out already, stuff like binders already test that limit (to the point where they aren't safe to wear for prolonged periods of time)

Well, I think people from before had bravery and hope,  I mean "OK,  the best option weighting the cons and pros RIGHT NOW,  (for example) is a binder, so alright I'm gonna wear a binder today and I ain't gonna blame myself for it tomorrow, it's just the best I can do today... I'll just hope tomorrow there's a better option, and that's it, even if I have to wait a lot  and keep wearing a binder but not losing hope".

I don't think we reached the clothing limit, I just know like 5 binder companies, and well,  the newest companies have newest improved binders, things change, hopefully for better as it seems.

It just bugs me that there's just little to no market competition towards Trans people. I mean hey,  we are people, we exist,  we can pay ya money for high quality products. ... anyway,  yeah I also understand Trans people are not loaded in money, half of us are homeless.

Talking about high quality products... "why make high quality products and waste money on research while we can sell shitty stuff because we have no competition and these Trans people already have nothing and so we can also over price our shitty products" *sigh* humans...

As a teenager, I was very unhappy with having larger boobs than my friends. I had pretty good success wearing those flimsy nylon sports bras and baggier clothes. I look back at pictures from that time period and I look pretty flat chested in most of them. Granted, I was a C at the time, so that certainly helped. It probably wouldn't work as well now as I'm significantly larger.

Just Somebody
Just now, Stheg said:

As a teenager, I was very unhappy with having larger boobs than my friends. I had pretty good success wearing those flimsy nylon sports bras and baggier clothes. I look back at pictures from that time period and I look pretty flat chested in most of them. Granted, I was a C at the time, so that certainly helped. It probably wouldn't work as well now as I'm significantly larger.

The clothes is what makes the big difference, you can try  vests,  they do a lot.

48 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

I've known people who have had breast reductions, and they seemed to have far easier recoveries than I did for top surgery despite how similar the procedures seem. It doesn't seem to be a terribly uncommon procedure nowadays either. My top surgery recovery was admittedly tough, even if there's more discomfort than necessarily pain. I also had an allergic reaction to my antibiotic, so I had other factors at play that made my recovery so hard. Surgery is still surgery; I would only encourage people to choose that option if they were absolutely certain they wanted it.

I wish I had advice for the OP, but I barely tolerated compression even though I was maybe a B cup before top surgery. You seem to have most the bases covered in your list too as far as I'm aware. Honestly, compression was just my placeholder to keep the dysphoria at bay until I was able to get top surgery, so I was never looking to bind in the long term.

Just Somebody
2 minutes ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I've known people who have had breast reductions, and they seemed to have far easier recoveries than I did for top surgery despite how similar the procedures seem. It doesn't seem to be a terribly uncommon procedure nowadays either. My top surgery recovery was admittedly tough, even if there's more discomfort than necessarily pain. I also had an allergic reaction to my antibiotic, so I had other factors at play that made my recovery so hard. Surgery is still surgery; I would only encourage people to choose that option if they were absolutely certain they wanted it.

I wish I had advice for the OP, but I barely tolerated compression even though I was maybe a B cup before top surgery. You seem to have most the bases covered in your list too as far as I'm aware. Honestly, compression was just my placeholder to keep the dysphoria at bay until I was able to get top surgery, so I was never looking to bind in the long term.

Well, I understand this, you're a transman,  transmen's needs of binding are usually different from those who are non-binary/genderqueer.

If there's very little research and market towards transmen already, for us enbies  there's a lot less. T-T

1 hour ago, Just Somebody said:

If there's very little research and market towards transmen already, for us enbies  there's a lot less. T-T

How do you know their is little research ?? - it’s for a project 

Just Somebody
13 minutes ago, :)(: said:

How do you know their is little research ?? - it’s for a project 

Well, a lot of binder sellers advice "bind for your own risk" as far as i know i haven't seen no general or particular medical studies on people who binded for decades. These binders weren't tested on the long run.

There's also very little medical literature on trans people's transitions anyway, like really, it just looks like we don't even exist.

There's not even drugs specially made for the purpose of transitioning, srly trans women for example use  birth control pills made for cis women and drugs made to fight prostate cancer in cis men. These drugs weren't designed for transitioning,  they have unnecessary side effects. And theyve been doing that for decades.

P.s.  I saw an article of a research claiming to be the first ever medical research on long term binding.

Oh by the way I use a double bra ( triple sometimes but now my back hurts) Two seem ok you just have to worry about the lower band getting tight.

also transrape ! I leaven tryed it by it seems good?

https://transtape.life/

also the article you gave me (thanks) recommended chest reduction excersises ...

Hmmm I have a question if it is about looking flat then couldn’t you create something that gives you a bit of stomach but reduces the look of the chest ( like the person who answed above) The. You don’t have to work about hurting yourself. If it is out feeling then I can help you I’m in the same boat.

Just Somebody
18 minutes ago, :)(: said:

Oh by the way I use a double bra ( triple sometimes but now my back hurts) Two seem ok you just have to worry about the lower band getting tight.

also transrape ! I leaven tryed it by it seems good?

https://transtape.life/

also the article you gave me (thanks) recommended chest reduction excersises ...

Oh yeah transtape,  but oh god,  be careful and don't forget to put tissue or bandaids on the nipples  before taping.  I heard people lost nipples when detaching the tape. O.o

I saw on Tumblr a few weeks ago someone commenting on how a binder is safer than double sports bras. I think this has been a hot topic for a while there. The bands hurt a lot specially if you're overweight.

Oh no problem anyway,  oh god if only there was a way to remove localized fat easily , that would be life saving, I mean boobs are 90% fat.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Depending on how big they are, you can get a binder, I wear one and can thank a friend here for helping me get it. It will not hurt the ribs or lungs. Or slowly start by getting a smaller sports bra to help hide your breast.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
2 minutes ago, Just Somebody said:

I saw on Tumblr a few weeks ago someone commenting on how a binder is safer than double sports bras

Yes..... although there are some that have their doubts on binders they're very safe, a friend commented that I look better with it on.

Just Somebody
Just now, Metamorphic WinterDragon said:

Depending on how big they are, you can get a binder, I wear one and can thank a friend here for helping me get it. It will not hurt the ribs or lungs. Or slowly start by getting a smaller sports bra to help hide your breast.

I know these things work like wonders, but I'm concerned about long term,  I can't do this my entire life even though I like boobs but also like being free but anyway... I posted an medical article above about long term binder induced complications , it's worth a read.

Also, even wearing the wrong size bra can be deteriorating to health. :(

Just Somebody

I'll probably do better wearing a bullet proof vest to work.  :(

Just Somebody
8 minutes ago, Metamorphic WinterDragon said:

Yes..... although there are some that have their doubts on binders they're very safe, a friend commented that I look better with it on.

I still doubt on binders, medical professionals don't know much about them and commercial binders are a relatively new thing and weren't tested for decade use.

arekathevampyre

I wear sports bras and realised that wearing a strapless/detachable camisole made from a thick material (mine is from uniqlo) can help to camouflage boobs with provided a bit of compression (reduce bounce) . 

Not a 100% foolproof solution but good enough 

I find that wearing a sports bra rather than a regular bra can make them less noticeable, with the added bonus of being more comfortable than a regular bra if it's fitted properly.

Just Somebody
15 hours ago, nate-1234 said:

You could always get a breast reduction.

As @FictoVore.

And I were saying,  surgeries are risky and can make you lose sensation,  lose hability to breastfeed, die out of infection,  lose the breast entirely,  plus the "common" risks of any other surgery.am

and even if I did, I would still have to bind small boobies on the long term.

Just Somebody
11 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

I wear sports bras and realised that wearing a strapless/detachable camisole made from a thick material (mine is from uniqlo) can help to camouflage boobs with provided a bit of compression (reduce bounce) . 

Nice tip.

15 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

7 hours ago, sea-lemon said:

I find that wearing a sports bra rather than a regular bra can make them less noticeable, with the added bonus of being more comfortable than a regular bra if it's fitted properly.

3 hours ago, Just Somebody said:

Nice tip.

@Just Somebody when you say BIG breasts in the title, how big do you mean? I was going to suggest sports bras as they can be very minimising but at

the same time, they don't even make sports bras big enough to cover ONE of my boobs if I tried putting the whole bra over it, haha.. I assumed by BIG (in the title) you meant the kind of big that normal solutions don't work for, and while sports bras are definitely great, they weirdly stop making them over a certain size. We even have a bra on TV here that says its guaranteed to fit you no matter what your T shirt size, but my mum bought the largest size available because she's quite big (small boobs but large size all over) and when I saw it the cups themselves were about the size of my nipples haha!! No way would I have ever got even one boob into that thing.

Makes me wish I was a trained tailor.. I think it would be really financially lucrative (and helful!) for an actually large breasted woman to make bras (inlcuding minismising and sports bras and try to find some kind of binder solution) for very large breasted women. I can't link at the moment as I'm on my phone, but there's this thing called the 'hug-a-bub baby wrap' ..I used to wear my babies in one but I don't have it right now to experiment with, it's in a storage unit somewhere Y_Y I'm wondering if there would a way to wrap it that would hold the breasts firmly down against the body but not in a way that would do any damage to you. The wrap holds a baby very close to your body but in a way that's safe and comfortable for both you and the baby, it would be great to have something like that for large breasts, to hold them firm and minimise their appearance at the same time for women/agender people/transmen who want to minimise the appearance of their breasts comfortably and safely without having to risk surgery. I agree with you about those risks you listed and that's why I won't get a reduction even though I could get one for free.. plus I saw them actually doing one on TV once and it was brutal.. TMI surgery!!!!!!! they cut her nipples off then peeled all the skin back, then were just cutting and pulling out these massive chunks of tissue and dumping them in a bucket.. then they just sewed the skin back up and tried to place the nipples in a realistic-looking place and sewed them into a hole in the sewen together skin-flaps :/ mine are much bigger than hers were so the surgery would be even more intense, and a lot of sensation would definitely be lost after a procedure like that. And like you said, breastfeeding ability as well. There is also the risk of nipple rejection (which the surgeons discussed in the thing I watched) and they said if the body rejects the nipple and it dies, she can get it tattooed on :/ ..um, just no!! I'm not actually agender or anything but I agree that a safe minismising/flattening solution for BIG boobs would be amazing and currently, there is just nothing available! Even just regular non-minimising bras are an expensive uncomfortable wire-jabbing shoulder-aching nightmare at this size. Fortunately though I'd just like to clarify, I actually learned to love and accept my boobs even though I wish there was a better solution for holding them, but I understand it's different for an agender person or transman as boobs can feel like they have part of the wrong body or whatever, and that can be very frustrating and even emotionally detrimental for people in that situation. 

Just Somebody
14 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

@Just Somebody when you say BIG breasts in the title, how big do you mean? I was going to suggest sports bras as they can be very minimising but at

the same time, they don't even make sports bras big enough to cover ONE of my boobs if I tried putting the whole bra over it, haha.. I assumed by BIG (in the title) you meant the kind of big that normal solutions don't work for, and while sports bras are definitely great, they weirdly stop making them over a certain size. We even have a bra on TV here that says its guaranteed to fit you no matter what your T shirt size, but my mum bought the largest size available because she's quite big (small boobs but large size all over) and when I saw it the cups themselves were about the size of my nipples haha!! No way would I have ever got even one boob into that thing.

Makes me wish I was a trained tailor.. I think it would be really financially lucrative (and helful!) for an actually large breasted woman to make bras (inlcuding minismising and sports bras and try to find some kind of binder solution) for very large breasted women. I can't link at the moment as I'm on my phone, but there's this thing called the 'hug-a-bub baby wrap' ..I used to wear my babies in one but I don't have it right now to experiment with, it's in a storage unit somewhere Y_Y I'm wondering if there would a way to wrap it that would hold the breasts firmly down against the body but not in a way that would do any damage to you. The wrap holds a baby very close to your body but in a way that's safe and comfortable for both you and the baby, it would be great to have something like that for large breasts, to hold them firm and minimise their appearance at the same time for women/agender people/transmen who want to minimise the appearance of their breasts comfortably and safely without having to risk surgery. I agree with you about those risks you listed and that's why I won't get a reduction even though I could get one for free.. plus I saw them actually doing one on TV once and it was brutal.. TMI surgery!!!!!!! they cut her nipples off then peeled all the skin back, then were just cutting and pulling out these massive chunks of tissue and dumping them in a bucket.. then they just sewed the skin back up and tried to place the nipples in a realistic-looking place and sewed them into a hole in the sewen together skin-flaps :/ mine are much bigger than hers were so the surgery would be even more intense, and a lot of sensation would definitely be lost after a procedure like that. And like you said, breastfeeding ability as well. There is also the risk of nipple rejection (which the surgeons discussed in the thing I watched) and they said if the body rejects the nipple and it dies, she can get it tattooed on :/ ..um, just no!! I'm not actually agender or anything but I agree that a safe minismising/flattening solution for BIG boobs would be amazing and currently, there is just nothing available! Even just regular non-minimising bras are an expensive uncomfortable wire-jabbing shoulder-aching nightmare at this size. Fortunately though I'd just like to clarify, I actually learned to love and accept my boobs even though I wish there was a better solution for holding them, but I understand it's different for an agender person or transman as boobs can feel like they have part of the wrong body or whatever, and that can be very frustrating and even emotionally detrimental for people in that situation. 

Big like these, oh you better check this page out there's a girl(?) With H cup size boobs looking decent on a binder:   http://www.flavnt.com/need-help-picking-a-top/ 

Around that kind of big.

These binders look pretty good , I'm kinda tempted, anyone already tried any from this company called "Flavnt "?

O.o

And omg,  that's what I'm talking about, these kind of surgery are disturbing. But well. .. I see even bras can make injuries on long term even if it's the perfect size. I think mother nature really hates us and that's it, also I'll keep hoping some physicist ladies worked on the bra industry bc oh god they actually need scientists to figure it out, specially if you're fat and "well endowed" not even 3 sports bras can hold your boobs in place.

Archived