Bojack Horseman

Triskedog

I wasn’t really aware of asexuality until a character on Bojack Horseman (Todd) realised that he is asexual. It was the seed that developed my thinking and led to my own realisation. 

Amyone else watch this or found themselves stimulated into realisation from an unusual source?

Actually a lot of people on here found out based on that show, I wasn't one of them although it did open my mind to the idea of asexuality so it in a way helped me, but it wasn't the reason.

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

I first heard of asexuality when I was in middle school and was watching a show called Sirens thats on netflix. When bojack horseman came out with the ace character I saw a clip of that and just kinda sat there crying. :ph34r:

I'm guessing you didn't see the welcome lounge when that episode came out - Oh my, there was A LOT of people. 

LIKE A LOT  OF PEOPLE

A LOT

• 1 month later...

I also came to asexuality, because of Bojack Horseman (hence my name). I can identify with Tod quite alot (also like wearing hats lol) and he provided me with the motivation to actually do some research. 

Although I knew I was ace before BoJack, it helped me come more at peace with my asexuality. I started watching the show because I heard it had an asexual character but full in love with it on its own merits. But yet, I was struggling on and off with my asexuality for a long, long time but BoJack Horseman did help me finally come to peace with it. In a way that joining AVEN or going to London Pride parades did not. 

Not one who realised their asexyness tha ks to Todd but making my way through fhe show nust now cause of Todd (so Todds asexyness has made me want to watch the show :D

My ace realisation is pretty weird though. A friend came up woth a term he thought would heat describe me because he wondered why I didn't seem interested in girls or guys on nights out. He came up with asexuality as someone who didn't feel sexual attraction. When I started using it a few days later he came clean that he made it up.

Thing is, as you can guess now, he made up a term that already exsisted, with the same meaning without realising it, until I told him it was real :lol::lol::lol:

I knew I was ace before I saw Bojack, but I gained a lot of respect for the show for making it clear that Todd is ace.  None of that on the down low representation nonsense Marvel pulls like Oh sure Valkyrie's bi... we just don't show it in the movie... 

anyway I adore Todd and I am so grateful for a popular show providing this visibility

Archived